cougarguard.com — unofficial BYU Cougars / LDS sports, football, basketball forum and message board  

Go Back   cougarguard.com — unofficial BYU Cougars / LDS sports, football, basketball forum and message board > non-Sports > Fitness and Wellness
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 09-19-2007, 06:46 PM   #1
Runner Coug

Runner Coug is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Stress fracture

Looks like I'm done running for awhile. I've had a nagging pain in my right ankle/shin ever since the marathon, and finally went to the doc about it. Turns out it's a stress fracture. I've never had one, and I'm very surprised that it happened, but I suspect that it has a lot to do with the fact that the marathon was downhill, which I had not trained for, and I ran the first 20 miles at almost 45 seconds a mile faster than I had trained for.

I really should start taking my own advice at some point and run smarter. I shouldn't have run that race faster than I had trained for.
Runner Coug is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2007, 07:08 PM   #2
SteelBlue

SteelBlue is an unknown quantity at this point

Sorry to hear that RC, that's probably earned you 8 weeks off. I'm having some shin splint pain and have had to cut back. Getting old sucks.
SteelBlue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2007, 01:37 PM   #3
ewth8tr

ewth8tr is an unknown quantity at this point

Quote:
Originally Posted by Runner Coug View Post
Looks like I'm done running for awhile. I've had a nagging pain in my right ankle/shin ever since the marathon, and finally went to the doc about it. Turns out it's a stress fracture. I've never had one, and I'm very surprised that it happened, but I suspect that it has a lot to do with the fact that the marathon was downhill, which I had not trained for, and I ran the first 20 miles at almost 45 seconds a mile faster than I had trained for.

I really should start taking my own advice at some point and run smarter. I shouldn't have run that race faster than I had trained for.
ouch, that sucks man. Is there any rehab or anything that helps with that or is it just a matter of taking it easy until it is healed?

Må din pung bli överkörd av femhundra siamesiska elefantbögar samtidigt som du får en ananas uppkörd långt upp i rektum - Most common thing said to LiveCoug on his mission.
ewth8tr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2007, 02:00 PM   #4
MikeWaters
Demiurge

MikeWaters is an unknown quantity at this point

You only have 10 years of good running in your body, no matter when you start.

that's why running holds little appeal for me.
MikeWaters is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2007, 02:05 PM   #5
RC Vikings

RC Vikings is on a distinguished road

Sounds like it's time to buy a bike.
RC Vikings is offline   Reply With Quote