cougarguard.com — unofficial BYU Cougars / LDS sports, football, basketball forum and message board  

Go Back   cougarguard.com — unofficial BYU Cougars / LDS sports, football, basketball forum and message board > non-Sports > Chit Chat
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 07-14-2008, 05:30 PM   #1
venomous viper

venomous viper is on a distinguished road
Default el jefe reasonable actions on cb

Here is the actual post that got me a 100 year suspension. Anyone know how eld jefe is. He acts 12. Those that are interested in any info, I'm always available at topcancuncondos@hotmail.com. I have to learn to use this board better. Anyone else here ever received a longer sentence than 100 years???

Author: venomous viper
Date: Jul 14, 2008 - 09:28am
Category: Business
Viewed 35 times

This post is going to try to answer recent boardmails or e-mails I've received in general terms. Some of you already know, I don't address personal questions or situations on board. You may e-mail or call with those specifics. topcancuncondos@hotmail.com or 801-699-1363.Now, answers to your questions

1. Many have asked why I was banned from this board for 2 months and boardmail for 3 months and running. I have no more comments on that currently. If REALLY interested, go to archived messages for venomousviper from 4-01/4-05 of this year. Read ALL the threads, my suspension reasons given by the mods, my appeal etc. Decide for yourself on the justice of this. Remember, mods are witnesses, jury and the judge all rolled into one. Please pay SPECIAL attention to posts in the threads from the following cbers.
a.randal graves
b.cougar jazz fan
c.y fan forever
d chester cobberpot

2. Yes. I'm buying in the 6 southern most counties in MS. Definite benefits.

3.I don't do coaching for money. I provide counseling on the board, by e-mails or phone and have even met personally with some cbers in AZ and TX. I had several phone conversations on sat and 2 more yesterday. If those want to report on conversations, go ahead.

4.What are ways to get my book? I get asked that a lot. No charge, and many cbers' have it. If they want to review it, go for it. I only ask that you first read The Truth About Money by Ric Edelman. It has NOTHING to do with mine, but is an easy, excellent read and a good sylabus on money,imo. He even has a contrarian view to my view on R.E, but thats' ok. Differing views are good. I've even paid the postage. I self published the book and never intended to sell it. It was really written at the same time my wife was completing a fancy family history book for the 6 kids. She wanted me to tell my story to the 6 kids about my background. That was a good idea since when I retired at 29, my oldest child was only 8 yrs old and 2 hadn't been born yet!! It relates experiences of mine in going From Janitor to Multimillionaire, hence the name of the book.

FOX NEWS---- House prices will continue going down for long time. 2-3 years in most areas.Right now at 12;30 eastern they'll discuss more bank failures

5. mystery cber- Thanks for your offer to help on problem with boardmail

6.What are rules of using depr. and limits of amounts of deductions? DISCLAIMER!!! I'm not an acct, but several friends on the list are. They can help me with this. There is a difference in amounts allowed in depr. depending on whether you're involved in business of real estate( builder, realtor, framer, mgr, etc) Basically, those folks have tremendous opportunities to use depr to offset ALL income earned. That is how I pay little or nothing each year. Last year $238, but the govt. gave me an earned income credit of $120, so they got me for $118. If not involved in real estate, the loss is limited to $25K in passive income and disappears as you earn more up to 150 or 160K, I think.

7. I expect to earn income in high 6 figures this year AND pay zero in taxes. Then I'll write another book detailing how I did it and offer it to all the mods that inferred my info was shady. I love it. There are some special areas that have bonus depreciation. This works differently than the normal 27 1/2 year normal rules. It is fantastic and excess depr may be carried forward up to 20 years. If you're "in the business" of real estate(many ways to qualify) not only may you carry forward losses for up to 20 years(all can do that) BUT, you can even go BACK up to 5 years , file an amended return and recapture previous taxes paid!! I have 2 friends I'm working with that each are attempting to recapture well over 100K. Pretty cool, huh? PLEASE, don't try this on your own!! Get an acct AND attorney that actually understand the Gulf Opportunity Act of 2005( go zone). I have several that did it wrong. This act gives you a BONUS depreciation of FIFTY % additional the year you buy, even if it is in dec.... Really cool. That is why I'm in MS for 3 weeks.

8.How do I take advantage of current market? I've received this from several posters. There are more ways to get in trouble, than benefit your portfolio currently. Be ultra careful. There are more areas that are projected to go down for the next 1-3 years, than will increase. There are always pockets of good stuff and some really good areas. I'm bearish on ut, ca,az, fl,nv, wa, and mi. I'm bullish on all texas in most areas, (some areas more than others) MS, (thru at least 12-31-10) some counties more than others. I don't want to be accused of "shady" so, please google go zone, or 50% depr and see for yourself.

Teaser- If you will look REAL hard you may be able to find the MS counties that have a loan forgiveness program. If you meet certian requirements, which anyone can do, you receive $34,500 in secondary financing that carries NO payments and is COMPLETELY forgiven if you own for 5 years minimum..Five property limit per PERSON. Good luck finding it.
I expect a lot more property foreclosures , leading to more properties for sale, more people with bad credit, leading to more renters. They'll have decent income. I see owners that are selling need to use creative financing to sell their homes. Learn about subject to, wraps, and all inclusive deeds and notes. It circumvents the problem of qualifying. CONSULT an ATTORNEY to do this. Like everything else , it needs to be done correctly.
Also to benefit in this market, DON'T fall in love with an investment, make lots of low offers and look for special concessions from seller. Some of you have received info on homes I sell in TX and know there are concessions I give. If interested in more info, just ask. Thanks to those that have purchased discounted properties from me. We're all having fun, aren't we?

Be careful, but remember that history shows more money is made in down markets in both stock market and real estate. Those that do it correctly will win. Income is pretty easy to obtain, real wealth is not because of taxes. We'll take that subject on at another time.

There should be enogh in this post to generate a nice thread. All points of view are welcome, but please keep it civil. This post was meant for "friends". Mike aka venomous viper

-----
venomous viper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2008, 05:39 PM   #2
venomous viper

I'm still offering 50 bucks to anyone that finds the rant in this post that got me exed that jefe refers to..
Old 07-14-2008, 05:49 PM   #3
MikeWaters
Demiurge

MikeWaters is an unknown quantity at this point

the rant was in Jefe's mind, as he jealously imagined your money, and how in his mind, you have made more money than him through CB (whether or not you have made ANY money through CB is not the issue).
MikeWaters is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2008, 05:52 PM   #4
venomous viper

That is a reasonable assumption. I don't know his age, do you? I thought about buying the cb through another entity, firing the mods and linking it to you to run. What do you think??
Old 07-14-2008, 05:57 PM   #5
MikeWaters
Demiurge

Quote:
Originally Posted by venomous viper View Post
That is a reasonable assumption. I don't know his age, do you? I thought about buying the cb through another entity, firing the mods and linking it to you to run. What do you think??
mid to late 30s.

LOL, me taking over Jefe's job. That would be delicious irony.

Of course, you would have to get Jefe to sign a non-compete as part of the sale.

According to this estimator, it is worth about 50k.
http://websiteoutlook.com/www.cougarboard.com
Old 07-14-2008, 06:00 PM   #6
SeattleUte

SeattleUte has a little shameless behaviour in the past

Quote:
Originally Posted by venomous viper View Post
Good plan. I have no doubt Jefe would pull a Howard Schultz if offered the right price.

—Paul Auster
SeattleUte is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2008, 06:03 PM   #7
MikeWaters
Demiurge

Here's the reason the site is not really worth jack: it's proprietary software that he designed on his own and modded on his own.

So it would probably be a PITA to modify and work with it in the future. You would basically have to hire a programmer.

For this reason, I don't think Jefe ever intends to sell it.
Old 07-14-2008, 06:07 PM   #8
TripletDaddy

TripletDaddy can only hope to improve

VV, you old snake, sometimes it is really hard to follow you.

Are you saying that as a result of the post you listed above (dated today) that you were banned for 100 years?

"Everyone is against me. Everyone is fawning for 3D's attention and defending him." -- SeattleUte
TripletDaddy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2008, 06:11 PM   #9
venomous viper

Here is the post that got me exed for 100 years.

Author: venomous viper
Date: Jul 14, 2008 - 09:28am
Category: Business
Viewed 35 times

This post is going to try to answer recent boardmails or e-mails I've received in general terms. Some of you already know, I don't address personal questions or situations on board. You may e-mail or call with those specifics. topcancuncondos@hotmail.com or 801-699-1363.Now, answers to your questions

1. Many have asked why I was banned from this board for 2 months and boardmail for 3 months and running. I have no more comments on that currently. If REALLY interested, go to archived messages for venomousviper from 4-01/4-05 of this year. Read ALL the threads, my suspension reasons given by the mods, my appeal etc. Decide for yourself on the justice of this. Remember, mods are witnesses, jury and the judge all rolled into one. Please pay SPECIAL attention to posts in the threads from the following cbers.
a.randal graves
b.cougar jazz fan
c.y fan forever
d chester cobberpot

2. Yes. I'm buying in the 6 southern most counties in MS. Definite benefits.

3.I don't do coaching for money. I provide counseling on the board, by e-mails or phone and have even met personally with some cbers in AZ and TX. I had several phone conversations on sat and 2 more yesterday. If those want to report on conversations, go ahead.

4.What are ways to get my book? I get asked that a lot. No charge, and many cbers' have it. If they want to review it, go for it. I only ask that you first read The Truth About Money by Ric Edelman. It has NOTHING to do with mine, but is an easy, excellent read and a good sylabus on money,imo. He even has a contrarian view to my view on R.E, but thats' ok. Differing views are good. I've even paid the postage. I self published the book and never intended to sell it. It was really written at the same time my wife was completing a fancy family history book for the 6 kids. She wanted me to tell my story to the 6 kids about my background. That was a good idea since when I retired at 29, my oldest child was only 8 yrs old and 2 hadn't been born yet!! It relates experiences of mine in going From Janitor to Multimillionaire, hence the name of the book.

FOX NEWS---- House prices will continue going down for long time. 2-3 years in most areas.Right now at 12;30 eastern they'll discuss more bank failures

5. mystery cber- Thanks for your offer to help on problem with boardmail

6.What are rules of using depr. and limits of amounts of deductions? DISCLAIMER!!! I'm not an acct, but several friends on the list are. They can help me with this. There is a difference in amounts allowed in depr. depending on whether you're involved in business of real estate( builder, realtor, framer, mgr, etc) Basically, those folks have tremendous opportunities to use depr to offset ALL income earned. That is how I pay little or nothing each year. Last year $238, but the govt. gave me an earned income credit of $120, so they got me for $118. If not involved in real estate, the loss is limited to $25K in passive income and disappears as you earn more up to 150 or 160K, I think.

7. I expect to earn income in high 6 figures this year AND pay zero in taxes. Then I'll write another book detailing how I did it and offer it to all the mods that inferred my info was shady. I love it. There are some special areas that have bonus depreciation. This works differently than the normal 27 1/2 year normal rules. It is fantastic and excess depr may be carried forward up to 20 years. If you're "in the business" of real estate(many ways to qualify) not only may you carry forward losses for up to 20 years(all can do that) BUT, you can even go BACK up to 5 years , file an amended return and recapture previous taxes paid!! I have 2 friends I'm working with that each are attempting to recapture well over 100K. Pretty cool, huh? PLEASE, don't try this on your own!! Get an acct AND attorney that actually understand the Gulf Opportunity Act of 2005( go zone). I have several that did it wrong. This act gives you a BONUS depreciation of FIFTY % additional the year you buy, even if it is in dec.... Really cool. That is why I'm in MS for 3 weeks.

8.How do I take advantage of current market? I've received this from several posters. There are more ways to get in trouble, than benefit your portfolio currently. Be ultra careful. There are more areas that are projected to go down for the next 1-3 years, than will increase. There are always pockets of good stuff and some really good areas. I'm bearish on ut, ca,az, fl,nv, wa, and mi. I'm bullish on all texas in most areas, (some areas more than others) MS, (thru at least 12-31-10) some counties more than others. I don't want to be accused of "shady" so, please google go zone, or 50% depr and see for yourself.

Teaser- If you will look REAL hard you may be able to find the MS counties that have a loan forgiveness program. If you meet certian requirements, which anyone can do, you receive $34,500 in secondary financing that carries NO payments and is COMPLETELY forgiven if you own for 5 years minimum..Five property limit per PERSON. Good luck finding it.
I expect a lot more property foreclosures , leading to more properties for sale, more people with bad credit, leading to more renters. They'll have decent income. I see owners that are selling need to use creative financing to sell their homes. Learn about subject to, wraps, and all inclusive deeds and notes. It circumvents the problem of qualifying. CONSULT an ATTORNEY to do this. Like everything else , it needs to be done correctly.
Also to benefit in this market, DON'T fall in love with an investment, make lots of low offers and look for special concessions from seller. Some of you have received info on homes I sell in TX and know there are concessions I give. If interested in more info, just ask. Thanks to those that have purchased discounted properties from me. We're all having fun, aren't we?

Be careful, but remember that history shows more money is made in down markets in both stock market and real estate. Those that do it correctly will win. Income is pretty easy to obtain, real wealth is not because of taxes. We'll take that subject on at another time.

There should be enogh in this post to generate a nice thread. All points of view are welcome, but please keep it civil. This post was meant for "friends". Mike aka venomous viper

-----
Old 07-14-2008, 06:21 PM   #10
venomous viper

You gotta read this and see the maturity of el jefe. $50 to anyone that finds the rant in my previous post.

Moderator Warning(s)

Date/Time Function Violation Moderator Appeal

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
7/14/08 9:35am Board Rules El Jefe File an appeal

Description: Continuous rants against moderators, being a jerk, etc.
Suspension: The moderator gave a 36524-day suspension associated with this penalty. You are currently suspended, and are not allowed to post.
Your penalty period will expire on July 14, 2108 at 9:35am.

If you have any questions about your suspension, please contact the moderator who gave the suspension.