cougarguard.com — unofficial BYU Cougars / LDS sports, football, basketball forum and message board  

Go Back   cougarguard.com — unofficial BYU Cougars / LDS sports, football, basketball forum and message board > non-Sports > Chit Chat
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 07-11-2008, 04:03 AM   #41
Levin

Levin is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Black Diamond Bay View Post
Already done that.
Seriously, BDB, why don't you just pick what you love to do most on an ordinary basis (like golfing, movies, relaxing on the beach) and just do three or four of those activities on the same day.

Destination day trips are fun, but I've been working so much, I think I'd be happiest just being able to do what I ordinarily love doing most . . .
"Now I say that I know the meaning of my life: 'To live for God, for my soul.' And this meaning, in spite of its clearness, is mysterious and marvelous. Such is the meaning of all existence." Levin, Anna Karenina, Part 8, Chapter 12
Levin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2008, 04:06 AM   #42
Levin

Levin is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by creekster View Post
It wouldn't be funny now. Our exhcnage killed the cyber-timing. In general it was about taking two weeks for multiple times (and are you sure you reproduced it exactly?) In any event, never mind.
Probably not -- I tried. I don't think the "exactly" was in the right spot. Can you do anything with my post above?
"Now I say that I know the meaning of my life: 'To live for God, for my soul.' And this meaning, in spite of its clearness, is mysterious and marvelous. Such is the meaning of all existence." Levin, Anna Karenina, Part 8, Chapter 12
Levin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2008, 04:17 AM   #43
ute4ever
I must not tell lies

ute4ever is an unknown quantity at this point

Quote:
I am still not sure why everyone is okay with the fact that the man is made of straw at the end. What kind of a happy ending is that?
Hey it was out of love. Elphie turned Fiyero into a scarecrow to save him from being beaten to death, and then he risked his life by being set on fire in order to save her life during the attack.

Loss of consortium yes, but it's just a fairy tale.
ute4ever is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2008, 04:18 AM   #44
TripletDaddy

TripletDaddy can only hope to improve

Quote:
Already done that, and I actually was not at all happy with that ending. I am still not sure why everyone is okay with the fact that the man is made of straw at the end. What kind of a happy ending is that?
She turned him to straw to save his life and not be tortured by the guards.

If Elpheba is happy with him, we should all just not worry about it.

"Everyone is against me. Everyone is fawning for 3D's attention and defending him." -- SeattleUte
TripletDaddy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2008, 06:14 PM   #45
Black Diamond Bay

Black Diamond Bay is an unknown quantity at this point
Send a message via MSN to Black Diamond Bay

Quote:
Originally Posted by TripletDaddy View Post
She turned him to straw to save his life and not be tortured by the guards.

If Elpheba is happy with him, we should all just not worry about it.
I suppose you're right.
Black Diamond Bay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2008, 06:20 PM   #46
creekster

creekster is an unknown quantity at this point

I gather you are not planning on SF or north but I thought I would tel you that it is probabyl just as well. Although the temperature has dropped and we have a nice off-shore flow going (light westerly breeze) the air quality still stinks. The fires are still going strong up north and are still affecting us here.
Old 07-11-2008, 07:20 PM   #47
Black Diamond Bay

Quote:
Originally Posted by Levin View Post
Seriously, BDB, why don't you just pick what you love to do most on an ordinary basis (like golfing, movies, relaxing on the beach) and just do three or four of those activities on the same day.

Destination day trips are fun, but I've been working so much, I think I'd be happiest just being able to do what I ordinarily love doing most . . .
Because, that's not what I like to do. I don't like the monotony of routines. I like to do things that are different, that I've never done before. Doing something new is what I like doing. Besides that, I know it's maybe hard for other people to understand, but relaxing on the beach is kind of boring. I can only do that for an hour or so before I'm ready to move on and do something different. I don't really care for movies much either. Unless I'm laying in bed watching a dvd, two hours is a long time to just sit and stare at a screen. I like to do things that involve moving around, seeing things that are new, going places different. This makes me sound very ADD, doesn't it. I'm not, I am just not really a sedentary kind of person, and I like change.
Old 07-11-2008, 07:25 PM   #48
TripletDaddy

TripletDaddy can only hope to improve

Quote:
Because, that's not what I like to do. I don't like the monotony of routines. I like to do things that are different, that I've never done before. Doing something new is what I like doing. Besides that, I know it's maybe hard for other people to understand, but relaxing on the beach is kind of boring. I can only do that for an hour or so before I'm ready to move on and do something different. I don't really care for movies much either. Unless I'm laying in bed watching a dvd, two hours is a long time to just sit and stare at a screen. I like to do things that involve moving around, seeing things that are new, going places different. This makes me sound very ADD, doesn't it. I'm not, I am just not really a sedentary kind of person, and I like change.
BDB....tick tock. It's the weekend.

What are the big plans?

If you get bored, send me a text. I will be at the opening day of the OC fair with the fam. We are going to take the kids to watch the pig races!

actually, only send me a text if you want to hook up with me and my fam at the OC fair to watch the pig races. otherwise we wont be much help.

"Everyone is against me. Everyone is fawning for 3D's attention and defending him." -- SeattleUte
TripletDaddy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2008, 07:27 PM   #49
MikeWaters
Demiurge

MikeWaters is an unknown quantity at this point

Quote:
So a staycation is out?
MikeWaters is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2008, 07:40 PM   #50
Black Diamond Bay

Quote:
Originally Posted by MikeWaters View Post
So a staycation is out?
Yes. I think the final decision has been made and I am going to Disneyland tonight to ride the new Toy Story ride, then to dinner, spending the night in Aliso Viejo at the friends house. We're driving to San Diego tomorrow morning, and going to Seaworld in the morning, leaving in the afternoon to go do some baptisms for the dead at the SD temple (I have to get that done, because the bishop won't give me a recommend to get the endowments out until I have, and the temple date is approaching at an alarming rate), go back to Seaworld for some night show that looks sort of interesting.

Then Sunday morning some friends in the ward are having a french toast breakfast for me, and Monday evening after fhe my roommates are having a dessert party at our house. Somewhere in there we're also going to go hike Crystal Cove, which I've never done, but hear is really pretty.