cougarguard.com — unofficial BYU Cougars / LDS sports, football, basketball forum and message board  

Go Back   cougarguard.com — unofficial BYU Cougars / LDS sports, football, basketball forum and message board > SPORTS! > Football
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 09-02-2008, 04:29 AM   #21
Cali Coug

Cali Coug has a little shameless behaviour in the past

Quote:
Originally Posted by MikeWaters View Post
this reminds me of one of your obama posts. woefully over-confident without an ounce of sense.

this is not the same defense, even though last year's defense was incredible, this one will be better.
Get back to me in November, after Obama has won and BYU has beaten UCLA. Talk to me about an ounce of sense then.
Cali Coug is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2008, 04:30 AM   #22
SeattleUte

SeattleUte has a little shameless behaviour in the past

Seriously, Rick Neuheisel is a good coach. Much maligned, but a good coach. He was also vindicated in court here in Washington, which is why he's still coaching. UW treated him shabbily, and it's experiencing resulting bad karma.

—Paul Auster
SeattleUte is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2008, 04:33 AM   #23
SeattleUte

SeattleUte has a little shameless behaviour in the past

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cali Coug View Post
Get back to me in November, after Obama has won and BYU has beaten UCLA. Talk to me about an ounce of sense then.
Waters' point is valid. Whatever the outcome may be, you invite push back because you're always such an obnoxious cheerleader. Never any introspection or shades of gray with you. I give you high marks for enthusiasm and that's about it.

Like the other day, when you blithely asserted that no problema the LDS Church has $5 billion cash lying around to buy an Internet company with no income. One of the most uninformed posts ever here.

—Paul Auster
SeattleUte is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2008, 04:34 AM   #24
TripletDaddy

TripletDaddy can only hope to improve

Quote:
Originally Posted by SeattleUte View Post
Seriously, Rick Neuheisel is a good coach. Much maligned, but a good coach. He was also vindicated in court here in Washington, which is why he's still coaching. UW treated him shabbily, and it's experiencing resulting bad karma.
I agree with this. He has had success at all his programs.

yes, some recruiting violations. but filling out a bracket pool? yawn.

He is a great get for FUCLA, esp since by landing him, they were also able to keep Walker and lure Chow. That is a seriously unholy trinity in college football.

"Everyone is against me. Everyone is fawning for 3D's attention and defending him." -- SeattleUte
TripletDaddy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2008, 04:35 AM   #25
MikeWaters
Demiurge

MikeWaters is an unknown quantity at this point

Warning: I will be handing out suspensions for placing an 'f' in front of UCLA.

If you don't want a suspension, please do not do the thing that gets you suspended.
MikeWaters is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2008, 04:38 AM   #26
TripletDaddy

TripletDaddy can only hope to improve

Quote:
Originally Posted by MikeWaters View Post
Warning: I will be handing out suspensions for placing an 'f' in front of UCLA.

If you don't want a suspension, please do not do the thing that gets you suspended.
lol. you are the most foul mouthed poster on either site. what are you talking about now?

"Everyone is against me. Everyone is fawning for 3D's attention and defending him." -- SeattleUte
TripletDaddy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2008, 04:53 AM   #27
YOhio
AKA SeattleNewt

YOhio is an unknown quantity at this point

Quote:
Originally Posted by TripletDaddy View Post
lol. you are the most foul mouthed poster on either site. what are you talking about now?
Just do what the man says dammit!
YOhio is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2008, 05:14 AM   #28
SoCalCoug

SoCalCoug is an unknown quantity at this point

Are we okay with "fUofU"?

"Now perhaps as I spanked myself screaming out "Kozlowski, say it like you mean it bitch!" might have been out of line, but such was the mood." - Goatnapper

"If you want to fatten a pig up to make the pig MORE delicious, you can feed it almost anything. Seriously. The pig is like the car on Back to the Future. You put in garbage, and out comes something magical!" - Cali Coug
SoCalCoug is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2008, 05:34 AM   #29
exUte

exUte can only hope to improve
Default Thing that concerns me the most

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cali Coug View Post
I agree.

Am I the only one who wasn't overly impressed with UCLA? Outside of the 4th quarter, all I could think was "we have this one in the bag."

UCLA's offense was awful for 3 quarters. Their D looks good, but BYU has seen it twice in the past year. If we haven't planned for the blitzing scheme of Walker yet, we deserve to lose. BYU's offense is much better than Tennessee's. UCLA's defense is solid, but they aren't as good as they were last year. BYU should win, especially with the home crowd advantage. Kraft looks like he could get rattled, and he never scared me as an Aztec. He certainly doesn't scare me now.
is UCLA's defense and how quick they are. They seem a bit faster and a step quicker than last year. And we have a OT that is a freshman on the left side of the LOS.

Last edited by exUte; 09-02-2008 at 05:41 AM.
exUte is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2008, 05:37 AM   #30
exUte

exUte can only hope to improve
Default Read the article on Neuheisel in USAToday

Quote:
Originally Posted by SeattleUte View Post
on Friday. I like the guy and he seems to understand where he crossed the line.