cougarguard.com — unofficial BYU Cougars / LDS sports, football, basketball forum and message board  

Go Back   cougarguard.com — unofficial BYU Cougars / LDS sports, football, basketball forum and message board > SPORTS! > Cycling
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 03-11-2008, 03:47 PM   #121
Archaea
Assistant to the Regional Manager

Archaea is an unknown quantity at this point

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tex View Post
Is it lost on you that I only "attacked" Mike Waters for assuming the cop targeted those cyclists? Did you even read my first posts?
Creek has detailed other attacks, and your attack on Mike was misplaced as he assumed nothing but made room for the distinct possibility.
Old 03-11-2008, 03:47 PM   #122
creekster

creekster is an unknown quantity at this point

Quote:
Oh my ... I am not the one being self-righteous here, nor am I playing the victim card. If anyone has been playing the whiny victims here, it's been the "tribal" cyclists posting in this thread. You people are psychotic.

As to the substance of your post, the portion I have bolded is nothing but a fabrication. I used to think you were among the more balanced of the posters here, but for some reason you've chosen to go crazy on me. I suspected you'd lost it as soon as you suggested I might have thought killing one cyclist is ok, as long as it isn't multiple cyclists. You've only descended further into dementia since that point.

That's truly unfortunate.
Out of curiosity, saying I am crazy, psychotic and in the throes of dementia is or is not an attack?
Old 03-11-2008, 03:48 PM   #123
Archaea

Quote:
Originally Posted by creekster View Post
Out of curiosity, saying I am crazy, psychotic and in the throes of dementia is or is not an attack?
In some ranks, I suppose those are terms of endearment.
Old 03-11-2008, 03:51 PM   #124
creekster

Quote:
Oh my ... I am not the one being self-righteous here, nor am I playing the victim card. If anyone has been playing the whiny victims here, it's been the "tribal" cyclists posting in this thread. You people are psychotic.

As to the substance of your post, the portion I have bolded is nothing but a fabrication. I used to think you were among the more balanced of the posters here, but for some reason you've chosen to go crazy on me. I suspected you'd lost it as soon as you suggested I might have thought killing one cyclist is ok, as long as it isn't multiple cyclists. You've only descended further into dementia since that point.

That's truly unfortunate.

Well, let's see, focusing on the bolded portion, it was three sentences. The third was my description of my concern, which is, of course, subjective, so I assume you aren't referring to that one, because my opinion is my opinion. Now, as to the first two, show me where you took a position about prosecution in this thread. Apart from saying they could be prosecuted, where did you say what you thought about it?
Old 03-11-2008, 03:53 PM   #125
Tex

Tex is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Archaea View Post
Your post is unreasonable.

Maybe you have taken a position and that position is that prosecution isn't important. What is your position?

I don't know is NOT a position. Take a stand for once.
http://cougarguard.com/forum/showpos...6&postcount=71

Quote:
Just on this page you have accused me of making severely immature accusations against you, of running around with a personal guillotine, of being non-adult (childish?) and of being vindictive. Shall I go on?
Well, I do feel your accusations have been immature, and I do think you've been vindictive, if not towards me than at least towards this cop. I'm not sure how to say those thing without it being an attack, so perhaps I'm guilty as charged.

Can we just boil this down? What do you want from me? To say he should be prosecuted? I'm not going to say that. I think I've made that clear, so stop asking. What else do you want? For me to say it's a tragedy that those lives were lost, and that the cop was negligent, perhaps even criminally neglegent? Consider it said. What else? Anything? (I'm asking this honestly)

What I'd like out of this conversation is an acknowledgement that it's not an unreasonable wish (in this case) for the family to extend some mercy and forgiveness, perhaps even going so far as to exercise their influence on the DA to make decision NOT to prosecute. Or, perhaps to have a lighter sentence. I'd like to hear an acknowledgement that such a wish is not dismissive of the lives of those who were tragically lost.

On the other issues we can agree to disagree.

- Cali Coug

"Oh dear, granny, what a long tail our puss has got."

- Brigham Young

Last edited by Tex; 03-11-2008 at 03:56 PM.
Tex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2008, 03:57 PM   #126
Archaea

Your wish is unreasonable.

Quote:
What I'd like out of this conversation is an acknowledgement that it's not an unreasonable wish (in this case) for the family to extend some mercy and forgiveness, perhaps even going so far as to exercise their influence on the DA to make decision NOT to prosecute. Or, perhaps to have a lighter sentence. I'd like to hear an acknowledgement that such a wish is not dismissive of the lives of those who were tragically lost
It would counter the needs of safe driving, police job safety and sends the wrong signal. Creekster is free to disagree. However, your view continues to add to elements of unsafe road conditions for cyclists and pedestrians.

Mercy can be extended in sentencing but should not be extended in prosecution. Your request just seems to be contrarian against the unified cycling community.
Old 03-11-2008, 03:57 PM   #127
creekster

Tex thinks I am demented and psychotic. Maybe I am. But I have been offended by his blase attitude about this topic and I am simply unwilling to let this go. Tex is entitled to his opinion, but so am I. This is not a topic where I find his (or anyone's) rhetorical games acceptable. TO me, this is not about vindictiveness, but about justice. Cyclists are demeaned and dehumanized by drivers everyday. They should not be. It is an unfair encounter on the road, and as part of a general effort to improve driver awareness and safety, these types of accidents must be prosecuted. It is really that simple for me.
Old 03-11-2008, 04:00 PM   #128
Tex

Tex is on a distinguished road

How exactly have I been blase?

- Cali Coug

"Oh dear, granny, what a long tail our puss has got."

- Brigham Young
Tex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2008, 04:05 PM   #129
creekster

Quote:
How exactly have I been blase?
Take, for example, the post you linked in response to Archaea. Even there all you said was that IF the state chooses to prosecute it will not be a miscarriage of justice. You don't say whether or not the state should prosecute. You don't even say I can't figure it out. Your statement is as blase as it could possibly be about the issue, suggesting ewither way doesn't make much difference to you. And this is the post that YOU chose to demonstrate your position.
Old 03-11-2008, 04:07 PM   #130
Archaea

Quote:
Tex thinks I am demented and psychotic. Maybe I am. But I have been offended by his blase attitude about this topic and I am simply unwilling to let this go. Tex is entitled to his opinion, but so am I. This is not a topic where I find his (or anyone's) rhetorical games acceptable. TO me, this is not about vindictiveness, but about justice. Cyclists are demeaned and dehumanized by drivers everyday. They should not be. It is an unfair encounter on the road, and as part of a general effort to improve driver awareness and safety, these types of accidents must be prosecuted. It is really that simple for me.
I agree wholeheartedly.

We need to get Tex out on the road for one month or two and he would come to our side.