cougarguard.com — unofficial BYU Cougars / LDS sports, football, basketball forum and message board  

Go Back   cougarguard.com — unofficial BYU Cougars / LDS sports, football, basketball forum and message board > non-Sports > Religion
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

View Poll Results: If you found out that the Golden Plates never existed, would you still be a Mormon?
Yes, the literalness of Joseph Smith's claims don't matter to me. 4 14.29%
Yes, but it would change the way I view the Church. 9 32.14%
No, I couldn't accept the Church as true in such a scenario. 10 35.71%
I'm not a Mormon. 5 17.86%
Voters: 28. You may not vote on this poll

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 09-14-2007, 07:59 PM   #30
SoonerCoug
Formerly known as MudPhudCoug

SoonerCoug is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Flystripper View Post
The Book of Mormon in its very introduction claims to be literal translation from gold plates of which 11 people testified actually existed. If you don't believe in the plates existence do you believe that Joseph and the 11 witnesses are liars?

If you believe that Joseph and the 11 were liars and it was a big conspiracy, do you ever ask what else Joseph lied about? Did he lie about the 1st vision? How can you believe in a church that was founded on what you believe are a pack of lies?

Point me to the introduction of the Bilble and the Quran that makes the claims that the into to the book of mormon makes. Either the into is a bunch of lies perpetuated to market the Book of Mormon and convert followers thorugh deception or the plates actually did exist. Which is it?
You're oversimplifying the human mind.

This is an awful analogy, but it's a memorable one, so I've got to use it. Did Andrea Yates lie when she said the devil told her to kill her kids?
SoonerCoug is offline   Reply With Quote