cougarguard.com — unofficial BYU Cougars / LDS sports, football, basketball forum and message board  

Go Back   cougarguard.com — unofficial BYU Cougars / LDS sports, football, basketball forum and message board > non-Sports > Religion
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 08-28-2007, 10:22 PM   #61
SoonerCoug
Formerly known as MudPhudCoug

SoonerCoug is on a distinguished road

I wonder if anyone has ever been denied a temple recommend because they didn't attend the temple enough.

"We're going to have to take away your recommend until you correct this problem."
SoonerCoug is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2007, 01:44 AM   #62
Tex

Tex is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Adam View Post
Tex. I asked if you thought it was wrong/improper along with immoral. You ignored the question because you are a spineless jellyfish of a man. I didn't say it was a moral question. In fact I implied in my question that it could be a matter of wrong/improper for any reason, not just a moral question.

So reread my question and see if you can answer---or find another tangent to run and hide behind.
I guess I thought "moral" would include "wrong/improper." The question of right and wrong is usually considered a moral one, unless your name is Adam.
Tex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2007, 05:57 AM   #63
SeattleUte

SeattleUte has a little shameless behaviour in the past

Obviously, I don't have a dog in this fight. But for what it's worth, I don't see how anyone holding a TR can object to being monitored through the bar code. You already open your private life up when you get the TR. We're talking about a religion here, not a republic. Don't expect civil liberties in a religion. It would be like expecting vigorous diologue in Elders Quorum about truth or falsity of the creed. If they can use language and writing (at one time these were innovations) to monitor membership activities, tighten control, ensure their kind of people are called to the distinguished jobs, why not use computers, which are just a later innovation, to improve on these measures? There's nothing wrong with a religion doing this.

—Paul Auster
SeattleUte is offline   Reply With Quote