cougarguard.com — unofficial BYU Cougars / LDS sports, football, basketball forum and message board  

Go Back   cougarguard.com — unofficial BYU Cougars / LDS sports, football, basketball forum and message board > non-Sports > Chit Chat
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 08-26-2005, 08:11 PM   #11
RockyBalboa

RockyBalboa is an unknown quantity at this point
Send a message via MSN to RockyBalboa
Default My brother just found he's being cheated on

Well a few months ago anyhow.

A little background: He's in the Air Force. They are stationed in Germany. In March he was sent to Kryzgystan (sp?). After being there a short while he discovered that his wife of 21 years was cheating on him and had cheated on him numerous times during their marriage.

They have 3 children and always came off as the Martha Stewart/Kathie Lee Gifford of the family,,,(I know that makes me shudder too),,,but she seemed the type that would never do this.

She even cheated on him while he was Bishop of their ward while living in Jacksonville, Florida,,and with another ward member to boot. Right under his nose and he never had a clue.

She has destroyed my brother's self-esteem and wrecked a family all because of her selfish behavior. In the past I would've said no way...don't get involved,,,but now because soemthing like this has happened to someone so close to me,,,I now without the least hesistation say that she has EVERY RIGHT to know...and quite frankly if you did know and she found out that you did and you never told her...you stand cause permanent damage with your friendship with her as well.

That's my 2 cents.
RockyBalboa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2005, 08:37 PM   #12
Archaea
Assistant to the Regional Manager

Archaea is an unknown quantity at this point
Default But, the key question, who is the proper person to tell.

I believe it's Dad.

Son should do this.

Dad, you piece of ....

Not really,

Dad, you told me something which is weighing heavy upon me. I can't carry this burden. You must share this with Mom, or I or others will. It will be more damaging coming from others than from you. You have two days to do this.

If it's going down, that's how it should.
Archaea is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2005, 12:45 AM   #13
realtall

realtall is an unknown quantity at this point
Send a message via AIM to realtall

I have absolutely no experience to draw from in this arena.

But, if I were you, I would stay as far away as I could from this situation.
realtall is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2005, 10:16 PM   #14
California Girl

California Girl
Default Two perspectives

If it were me that was being cheated on - I would want to know. Been in that type of relationship before - the lying, cheating, lowlife pig. I'm glad to have found out. I wouldn't have cared who the information came from - I would have wanted to know everything.

For you to be the bearer of the news - that is not a good thing. You may be close to the family - but it isn't your place to tell. Not only would this cause contention with the mother and father - but quite possibly with your friend. He entrusted you with this information - and mostly not to go blabbing it to his mother.

So my advice is to let it be and let the son or the dad tell the mom. Stay out of it.
California Girl is offline   Reply With Quote