cougarguard.com — unofficial BYU Cougars / LDS sports, football, basketball forum and message board  

Go Back   cougarguard.com — unofficial BYU Cougars / LDS sports, football, basketball forum and message board > non-Sports > Politics
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 02-10-2008, 03:29 AM   #11
myboynoah

myboynoah is an unknown quantity at this point

Quote:
Originally Posted by SoonerCoug View Post
I'm praying for a Huckabee miracle, because the entertainment value would be awesome.
I'm with you on that one. Watching Geraldo Rivera wax on about Huckabee as a legitimate candidate is great. I'm old enought to remember when Geraldo got his nose broken on national TV.

Back to Mitt. Now that he is gone, so are all those jobs in Michigan, never to come back. Now McCain can retrain them as financial planners.

Religion rises inevitably from our apprehension of our own death. To give meaning to meaninglessness is the endless quest of all religion. When death becomes the center of our consciousness, then religion authentically begins. Of all religions that I know, the one that most vehemently and persuasively defies and denies the reality of death is the original Mormonism of the Prophet, Seer and Revelator, Joseph Smith.
myboynoah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2008, 03:30 AM   #12
tooblue

tooblue is an unknown quantity at this point

Quote:
Originally Posted by tooblue View Post
Yesterday there was an online video interview with him at Newsweek.com. He was asked about Romney dropping out and all he could do was take shots.

http://www.newsweek.com/
Here's an article:

http://www.newsweek.com/id/109697
tooblue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2008, 03:37 AM   #13
SoonerCoug
Formerly known as MudPhudCoug

SoonerCoug is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by myboynoah View Post
I'm with you on that one. Watching Geraldo Rivera wax on about Huckabee as a legitimate candidate is great. I'm old enought to remember when Geraldo got his nose broken on national TV.

Back to Mitt. Now that he is gone, so are all those jobs in Michigan, never to come back. Now McCain can retrain them as financial planners.
I like Mitt. After all, Mitt is my 2nd cousin. But he sold his soul by pandering and acting like he cares about abortion and illegal immigrants.

In my opinion, Mitt is pathologically ambitious, and he genuinely wants government to operate more efficiently. But Mitt is very bad at acting passionate about things he doesn't care about. He obviously thought that adopting ultra-conservative positions was a necessary evil to win the nomination.

This was the year to be genuine and run as a third party candidate. Americans are sick of Bush's lies, and appearing insincere was a fatal flaw for Romney.

Then Romney finished his campaign with the ultimate insincere speech, claiming that he was bowing out of the race because America is at war and he doesn't want to cause problems for the Republican nominee, when the fact is that Romney had simply lost.
SoonerCoug is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2008, 03:44 AM   #14
NorCal Cat

NorCal Cat

Quote:
Geraldo, and that other woman were ridiculous. They actually think Huckabee has a chance? The lady even said Mitt Romney is probably sitting at home tonight saying, "oops!" Give me a break...had Romney stayed in, Huckabee would still be in also, helping to split up the vote of those who oppose McCain. The only reason Huckabee is close to McCain in LA, and WA, is because Romney dropped out.
NorCal Cat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2008, 04:14 AM   #15
myboynoah

Quote:
I like Mitt. After all, Mitt is my 2nd cousin. But he sold his soul by pandering and acting like he cares about abortion and illegal immigrants.

In my opinion, Mitt is pathologically ambitious, and he genuinely wants government to operate more efficiently. But Mitt is very bad at acting passionate about things he doesn't care about. He obviously thought that adopting ultra-conservative positions was a necessary evil to win the nomination.

This was the year to be genuine and run as a third party candidate. Americans are sick of Bush's lies, and appearing insincere was a fatal flaw for Romney.

Then Romney finished his campaign with the ultimate insincere speech, claiming that he was bowing out of the race because America is at war and he doesn't want to cause problems for the Republican nominee, when the fact is that Romney had simply lost.
Oooo, ooooo, look at me, Mitt's my second cousin. Do you ever get invited to the mansion cabin?

Actually I think he is sincere in stepping aside so the party can get behind McCain. The writing was on the wall, as you say, he lost. But he could have continued to be a pain in the butt for McCain, and chose not to. His favorite song must be "The Gambler." Of course you probably already know that.

Religion rises inevitably from our apprehension of our own death. To give meaning to meaninglessness is the endless quest of all religion. When death becomes the center of our consciousness, then religion authentically begins. Of all religions that I know, the one that most vehemently and persuasively defies and denies the reality of death is the original Mormonism of the Prophet, Seer and Revelator, Joseph Smith.
Old 02-10-2008, 04:23 AM   #16
SoonerCoug

Quote:
Oooo, ooooo, look at me, Mitt's my second cousin. Do you ever get invited to the mansion cabin?

Actually I think he is sincere in stepping aside so the party can get behind McCain. The writing was on the wall, as you say, he lost. But he could have continued to be a pain in the butt for McCain, and chose not to. His favorite song must be "The Gambler." Of course you probably already know that.
I saw him on a bus at the olympics once. I hear he dropped the F-bomb while directing traffic. Do we want someone so volatile with his finger on the button?
Old 02-10-2008, 04:53 AM   #17
myboynoah

Quote:
I saw him on a bus at the olympics once. I hear he dropped the F-bomb while directing traffic. Do we want someone so volatile with his finger on the button?
Why have you been sitting on information like this? I feel so dirty now.

Old 02-10-2008, 03:51 PM   #18
Tex

Tex is on a distinguished road

Quote:
I'm praying for a Huckabee miracle, because the entertainment value would be awesome.
And people wonder why their prayers aren't answered.

- Cali Coug

"Oh dear, granny, what a long tail our puss has got."

- Brigham Young
Tex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2008, 05:16 PM   #19
SoonerCoug

Another thought about Romney's profound insincerity:

If Romney really left the race because he wanted to clear the way for the
Republican nominee (McCain), then why didn't he endorse McCain?
Old 02-10-2008, 05:19 PM   #20
Tex

Tex is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Another thought about Romney's profound insincerity:

If Romney really left the race because he wanted to clear the way for the
Republican nominee (McCain), then why didn't he endorse McCain?
Why is this considered insincere?

- Cali Coug

"Oh dear, granny, what a long tail our puss has got."

- Brigham Young
Tex is offline   Reply With Quote