cougarguard.com — unofficial BYU Cougars / LDS sports, football, basketball forum and message board  

Go Back   cougarguard.com — unofficial BYU Cougars / LDS sports, football, basketball forum and message board > SPORTS! > Football
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 09-17-2008, 07:14 PM   #1
SteelBlue

SteelBlue is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Landpoke, things would be a lot more fun around here

if you were talking some Wyoming smack. We're halfway through the week and I have yet to laugh.
SteelBlue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2008, 07:20 PM   #2
Jeff Lebowski
Charon

Jeff Lebowski is on a distinguished road

No kidding.

Come on landpoke, you are among friends here. You could at least make some witty insults about our culture.
Old 09-17-2008, 07:32 PM   #3
YOhio
AKA SeattleNewt

YOhio is an unknown quantity at this point

Here we are now. Entertain us.
YOhio is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2008, 07:49 PM   #4
creekster

creekster is an unknown quantity at this point

Quote:
Originally Posted by YOhio View Post
Here we are now. Entertain us.
Something, something, it's contagious.

Actually, I understand why he is so quiet. What's the point? Like the Stanford rugby team did to Cal a few years ago, I think wyoming should send Bronco a letter informing him the team is afraid of injury and will thus not show up to the scheduled game, taking a forfeit.
Old 09-17-2008, 07:55 PM   #5
TripletDaddy

TripletDaddy can only hope to improve

Quote:
Originally Posted by creekster View Post
Something, something, it's contagious.

Actually, I understand why he is so quiet. What's the point? Like the Stanford rugby team did to Cal a few years ago, I think wyoming should send Bronco a letter informing him the team is afraid of injury and will thus not show up to the scheduled game, taking a forfeit.
It is fun being in conference play.....where we are everybody's Game of the Year.

I am sure the Pokes are very amped to try to play the role of spoiler this early in the season.

"Everyone is against me. Everyone is fawning for 3D's attention and defending him." -- SeattleUte
TripletDaddy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2008, 10:34 PM   #6
TheSizzle36

TheSizzle36 is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by TripletDaddy View Post
It is fun being in conference play.....where we are everybody's Game of the Year.

I am sure the Pokes are very amped to try to play the role of spoiler this early in the season.
Sadly, BYU is not Wyoming's game-of-the-year this year. It may only last this year, but I can almost guarantee you that every Wyoming fan would take a victory spoiling the season of the University of Utah and coach Kyle "Onsides Kick" Whittingham than BYU. It may just be this year, but I'd wager most Wyoming fans are more looking forward to that revenge than to beat the Y.
TheSizzle36 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2008, 10:44 PM   #7
landpoke

landpoke is on a distinguished road

I'm having trouble finding anything compelling about this matchup. Your team is so whitebread, if whitebread were going to Michael Jackson's plastic surgeon. I watched bits and pieces of a couple of your games and you all just don't do much for me.

I'm spending the weekend on the links. I'll probably look in on Monday to check the score, but beyond that I won't be spending a lot of time or energy on this game as it inspires nothing in me.

Anyway good luck and all that.

P.S. Beyond CSU, our one true rival, I don't give a rat's ass about this conference.
Old 09-17-2008, 10:53 PM   #8
Archaea
Assistant to the Regional Manager

Archaea is an unknown quantity at this point

Quote:
Originally Posted by landpoke View Post
I'm having trouble finding anything compelling about this matchup. Your team is so whitebread, if whitebread were going to Michael Jackson's plastic surgeon. I watched bits and pieces of a couple of your games and you all just don't do much for me.

I'm spending the weekend on the links. I'll probably look in on Monday to check the score, but beyond that I won't be spending a lot of time or energy on this game as it inspires nothing in me.

Anyway good luck and all that.

P.S. Beyond CSU, our one true rival, I don't give a rat's ass about this conference.
Figures, you'd be more interesting in sheep than carnivores, something can fight back. Enjoy your links, bro.
Old 09-17-2008, 11:04 PM   #9
landpoke

landpoke is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Archaea View Post
Figures, you'd be more interesting in sheep than carnivores, something can fight back. Enjoy your links, bro.
It's a case of a real rivalry that stretches back well over 100 years, where things have died, where brawls spill out of the stadium and into the streets, where a well respected criminal defense attorney will wade into a group of college kids with the intention of bringing down the thunder upon them before being pulled out by his more level headed oil exec. friend. In short it's about tradition. Thus it's much deeper than those of you who are followers of a college that was once a glorified high school can ever understand.
Old 09-17-2008, 11:16 PM   #10
Archaea
Assistant to the Regional Manager

Archaea is an unknown quantity at this point

Quote:
Originally Posted by landpoke View Post
It's a case of a real rivalry that stretches back well over 100 years, where things have died, where brawls spill out of the stadium and into the streets, where a well respected criminal defense attorney will wade into a group of college kids with the intention of bringing down the thunder upon them before being pulled out by his more level headed oil exec. friend. In short it's about tradition. Thus it's much deeper than those of you who are followers of a college that was once a glorified high school can ever understand.
So you like watching the Red River Shootout as well? It's on October 11, 2008 this year.

I did't peg you for a Sooner fan.