cougarguard.com — unofficial BYU Cougars / LDS sports, football, basketball forum and message board  

Go Back   cougarguard.com — unofficial BYU Cougars / LDS sports, football, basketball forum and message board > non-Sports > Politics
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 05-21-2008, 07:07 PM   #31
YOhio
AKA SeattleNewt

YOhio is an unknown quantity at this point

Quote:
Originally Posted by SeattleUte View Post
If any posters who preceded me are as you describe I apologize, since manifestly my post was directed at those from Mormon clans.
Both parents are converts. Take back what you said about my post being full of it. Or else.
YOhio is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2008, 07:08 PM   #32
MikeWaters
Demiurge

MikeWaters is an unknown quantity at this point

My father is not a racist among those he grew up with. Unlike his friends, he didn't enjoy the lynchings and only did it as a matter of duty.
MikeWaters is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2008, 07:20 PM   #33
SeattleUte

SeattleUte has a little shameless behaviour in the past

Quote:
Originally Posted by YOhio View Post
Both parents are converts. Take back what you said about my post being full of it. Or else.
I take it back but I did acknowledge that Mormons do not have the patent on racism.

—Paul Auster
SeattleUte is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2008, 07:22 PM   #34
YOhio
AKA SeattleNewt

YOhio is an unknown quantity at this point

Quote:
I take it back but I did acknowledge that Mormons do not have the patent on racism.
Thy ways are ever fair.
YOhio is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2008, 07:31 PM   #35
creekster

creekster is an unknown quantity at this point

As I read SU's post and he revealed how there were many offensive and obnoxious comments made at his family reunions, I wondered how many times it was his realtives thinking this about him.

SU, you are an institution here, but you're full of crap. Put your broad brush away and particiapte in the spirit of SIEQ's original post. You have no more right or ability to evaluate my family's attitudes on race based on what you think you know about me than I do to decide that all fat cat Seatle lawyers are arrogant jerks based on your apparent attitudes here. Give it a rest.
Old 05-21-2008, 07:35 PM   #36
MikeWaters
Demiurge

MikeWaters is an unknown quantity at this point

creek, I have never heard a racist comment at my family reunions.

Let us cut this gordian knot--SU's family is particularly despicable. They just happen to be Mormon.
MikeWaters is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2008, 07:36 PM   #37
The_Tick

The_Tick is an unknown quantity at this point
Send a message via ICQ to The_Tick Send a message via MSN to The_Tick

I am a racist...but my wife is Filipina. If you ask her what she is though she will tell you American because she was born here. Has never even been to the Philipinnes.

My oldest has half/half. Half Filipina/Half Australian.

My youngest is half/half. Half Filipina/Half American.

I don't like most Indians. I grew up in Duchesne County as a youth and watched them ruin the town I lived in.

I have a problem with Mexican immigrants. Come here legally. If you move here learn the language and put your Mexican flag away. Embrace this place. To me Mexican is not a bad word. I don't call them Spanish because they aren't from Spain.

I have a problem with part of the Black culture. I don't call them African-Americans because 95% have never been to Africa. My daughter has 2 Black friends that are interested in her. One has corn rows, baggy pants, bling and a rude mouth. The other one wears levi's and polo shirts. He is nice and can carry on a good conversation. I can't stand the first dude. I like the 2nd dude.

I have a problem with alot of white people. They think they are better than everyone else and they are entitled. We are all immigrants also. We just showed up under proper procedures.

I think most people have racial tendancies. We (white people because that is what I am) don't have the market cornered. Blacks and Democrats like to tell us we do though.

And if you belong to the Mexican Chamber of Commerce, or the Black Chamber of Commerce yet your town has a "Chamber of Commerce" you are racist. Why do you need to have your own group?

And don't tell me the Chamber of Commerce is for white people only...I have been to the meetings.

Label me a racist.
Old 05-21-2008, 07:49 PM   #38
BYU71

BYU71 is an unknown quantity at this point

Quote:
Originally Posted by The_Tick View Post
I am a racist...but my wife is Filipina. If you ask her what she is though she will tell you American because she was born here. Has never even been to the Philipinnes.

My oldest has half/half. Half Filipina/Half Australian.

My youngest is half/half. Half Filipina/Half American.

I don't like most Indians. I grew up in Duchesne County as a youth and watched them ruin the town I lived in.

I have a problem with Mexican immigrants. Come here legally. If you move here learn the language and put your Mexican flag away. Embrace this place. To me Mexican is not a bad word. I don't call them Spanish because they aren't from Spain.

I have a problem with part of the Black culture. I don't call them African-Americans because 95% have never been to Africa. My daughter has 2 Black friends that are interested in her. One has corn rows, baggy pants, bling and a rude mouth. The other one wears levi's and polo shirts. He is nice and can carry on a good conversation. I can't stand the first dude. I like the 2nd dude.

I have a problem with alot of white people. They think they are better than everyone else and they are entitled. We are all immigrants also. We just showed up under proper procedures.

I think most people have racial tendancies. We (white people because that is what I am) don't have the market cornered. Blacks and Democrats like to tell us we do though.

And if you belong to the Mexican Chamber of Commerce, or the Black Chamber of Commerce yet your town has a "Chamber of Commerce" you are racist. Why do you need to have your own group?

And don't tell me the Chamber of Commerce is for white people only...I have been to the meetings.

Label me a racist.
It is getting hard to keep everyting straight. My Peruvian daughter in law thinks the immigration laws are unfair, except the ones that would keep Mexicans out.

I don't think she has ever said that to my half Mexican son in law though. They both seem comfortable with my African American nieces and their Philipino Aunt.

Last edited by BYU71; 05-21-2008 at 07:51 PM.
BYU71 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2008, 07:52 PM   #39
SeattleUte

SeattleUte has a little shameless behaviour in the past

Quote:
Originally Posted by MikeWaters View Post
creek, I have never heard a racist comment at my family reunions.

Let us cut this gordian knot--SU's family is particularly despicable. They just happen to be Mormon.
Your family reuinions, I bet, are tiny compared to mine. Here is an example:

http://www.whitinghomestead.com/

We have all types at ours.

—Paul Auster
SeattleUte is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2008, 07:53 PM   #40
il Padrino Ute
Board Pinhead

il Padrino Ute is an unknown quantity at this point

Quote:
If any posters who preceded me are as you describe I apologize, since manifestly my post was directed at those from Mormon clans.
Mike, as you are the psychiatrist here and are more qualified than I am, would you say that the above quote comes from one who is full of self loathing?

"This is now the joke that stupid people laugh at." - Christopher Hitchens on IQ jokes about GWB.
il Padrino Ute is offline   Reply With Quote