cougarguard.com — unofficial BYU Cougars / LDS sports, football, basketball forum and message board  

Go Back   cougarguard.com — unofficial BYU Cougars / LDS sports, football, basketball forum and message board > non-Sports > Religion
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 09-09-2008, 04:39 PM   #11
Flystripper

Flystripper is an unknown quantity at this point

Quote:
Originally Posted by MikeWaters View Post
This lesson was taught to the YM in my ward this past Sunday. The Kimball quote (paraphrased above) was used twice in the lesson by the teacher (a member of the Bishopric).

There were about 7 boys in attendance. Only one was white. So these non-white kids, in a white church, are being told to marry in their race.

It was also suggested during the lesson by another adult, that marrying a "career woman" might be a bad idea.

I didn't say anything during the meeting, but I will bring it up with the YM President first. And then maybe the Bishopric.

Minority kids in this white church have a tough enough time already. There is no sense in putting this nonsense on their plate.

My suggestion to the church curriculum office to remove the passage has not been met with any response.
yuck
Flystripper is offline   Reply With Quote