cougarguard.com — unofficial BYU Cougars / LDS sports, football, basketball forum and message board  

Go Back   cougarguard.com — unofficial BYU Cougars / LDS sports, football, basketball forum and message board > non-Sports > Chit Chat

Old 01-19-2011, 12:32 AM   #21
MikeWaters
Demiurge

MikeWaters is an unknown quantity at this point

I am listening to NPR on the way home, a business show called "Marketplace" which tries to be hip and cool, but is really boring and stupid. They are doing a piece on restaurants, and how reviews online at places like yelp.com can have a negative effect on a business. Including customers threatening to post negative reviews.

And then the reporter says "blogging is important too. Heather Armstrong is a blogger in Salt Lake City..." [paraphrased]. Of course, I am gripping the wheel saying "WTF? Her again? Restaurant reviews?" And then the reporter goes into this story about Armstrong buying a Maytag washer and having all kinds of problems over 3 months until finally she tweeted about it in all-caps, and then they finally fixed her washer 2 days later. The reporter says that Armstrong has over 1 million followers on twitter.

Holy Shiz, talk about self-promotion. One thing we have learned--this is one lazy-as-hell reporter that the best she can do is get some kind of canned response from an inveterate self-promoter. Shows you how much of what you get spoon-fed is BS with undisclosed financial interests at play......I'm not talking about anything sinister. I'm saying that the reasonable intelligent people are not the ones in the arena affecting public opinion. It's all the narcissistic assholes.

Getting fired, destroying hard-drives, complaining about washing machines--OMG, what can Heather Armstrong NOT do, this renaissance woman.

Still waiting for the self-release of her sex tape.
MikeWaters is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2011, 03:56 PM   #22
RedHeadGal

RedHeadGal is on a distinguished road

I've only read Dooce.com a handful of times, but that washing maching story is great. I don't care what you say. I was very entertained. I may go back and read it again soon.
RedHeadGal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2011, 09:48 PM   #23
MikeWaters
Demiurge

MikeWaters is an unknown quantity at this point

I could probably drop by once in a while if she was hot. But she isn't. So I don't.
MikeWaters is offline   Reply With Quote