cougarguard.com — unofficial BYU Cougars / LDS sports, football, basketball forum and message board  

Go Back   cougarguard.com — unofficial BYU Cougars / LDS sports, football, basketball forum and message board > SPORTS! > Other College Sports

Old 11-23-2007, 07:51 PM   #1
SteelBlue

SteelBlue is an unknown quantity at this point
Default A few years ago I was

in Oregon (where I grew up) to watch my much younger (by 18 years) brother play a football game against South Medford. My brother played for Ashland and was a senior and Medford had this really tall QB named Kyle Singler. My dad was telling me that this kid was crazy to be playing football as he was one of the best basketball players in the country. He was a pretty good QB but I thought my dad was probably overstating the kids basketball skills.

Fast forward to Wednesday night. I'm flipping through the channels and I find the Duke game vs Marquette. I see a Freshman playing for Duke from Medford, OR and he's dominating. By the end of this game (tournament championship) he's named the tournament MVP. I guess the kid really is a stud basketball player. Seems insane that he was playing football at all.
SteelBlue is offline   Reply With Quote