cougarguard.com — unofficial BYU Cougars / LDS sports, football, basketball forum and message board  

Go Back   cougarguard.com — unofficial BYU Cougars / LDS sports, football, basketball forum and message board > non-Sports > Fitness and Wellness

Old 05-08-2007, 05:27 PM   #11
Black Diamond Bay

Black Diamond Bay is an unknown quantity at this point
Send a message via MSN to Black Diamond Bay

Quote:
Originally Posted by Archaea View Post
For me it's not a question of self esteem, but rather emotional stability. I feel saggy and weighted down on days, rare, when I don't do something. Today I had a lousy workout and feel dumpy.
I am also more in this camp. I like to work out until I feel so exhausted that I don't think I'm physically capable of continuing the workout. After a solid workout like that I get a big endorphine rush and I don't have a worry in the world. I've never been high, but I suspect that getting high doesn't feel as good as getting a good dose of endorphines.
Black Diamond Bay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2007, 06:03 PM   #12
Surfah
Master

Surfah is an unknown quantity at this point
Send a message via AIM to Surfah Send a message via MSN to Surfah

Quote:
Originally Posted by Black Diamond Bay View Post
I am also more in this camp. I like to work out until I feel so exhausted that I don't think I'm physically capable of continuing the workout. After a solid workout like that I get a big endorphine rush and I don't have a worry in the world. I've never been high, but I suspect that getting high doesn't feel as good as getting a good dose of endorphines.
You need to get high.

Charles Barkley: "20 pts and 10 rebounds will get you through also!"
Surfah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2007, 06:07 PM   #13
Surfah
Master

I correlate the two to some degree I think. Since October I have lost 38 pounds. I still want to lose another 25 or so. I feel much better about myself, not necessarily because I look better, but I think it's more about what I have accomplished through determination and hard work. I guess I am like Babs in that way.

But it was a good feeling to take 5 pairs of pants to DI the other week because they looked ridiculously large.

Old 05-08-2007, 06:18 PM   #14
Archaea
Assistant to the Regional Manager

Archaea is an unknown quantity at this point

Quote:
Originally Posted by surfah33 View Post
You need to get high.
Not really. Getting high has nothing on exercise high. It's almost as good as a couple hours of loving sex.

The buzz and highs are meaningless forms of escape, and they don't last very long.
Old 05-08-2007, 06:26 PM   #15
Surfah
Master

Quote:
Not really. Getting high has nothing on exercise high. It's almost as good as a couple hours of loving sex.

The buzz and highs are meaningless forms of escape, and they don't last very long.
It was a joke. Of all the many things I have done in the folly of youth, getting high was never one of them. There was always a part of me who fancied going into the FBI like my old man, so I always passed on the grass.

I am with you on this, but I do have some friends who would disagree.

Old 05-08-2007, 06:28 PM   #16
Archaea
Assistant to the Regional Manager

Archaea is an unknown quantity at this point

Quote:
Originally Posted by surfah33 View Post
It was a joke. Of all the many things I have done in the folly of youth, getting high was never one of them. There was always a part of me who fancied going into the FBI like my old man, so I always passed on the grass.

I am with you on this, but I do have some friends who would disagree.
Without admitting or denying involvement, I may have familiarity with such activities, and my indirect or direct involvement confirms my personal declaration, it's not worth it.
Old 05-08-2007, 06:39 PM   #17
Surfah
Master

Quote:
Without admitting or denying involvement, I may have familiarity with such activities, and my indirect or direct involvement confirms my personal declaration, it's not worth it.
I am watching you Focker.