cougarguard.com — unofficial BYU Cougars / LDS sports, football, basketball forum and message board  

Go Back   cougarguard.com — unofficial BYU Cougars / LDS sports, football, basketball forum and message board > non-Sports > Fitness and Wellness
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 01-25-2008, 06:47 PM   #1
UteStar

UteStar is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Buying new running shoes...

I looked and tried on a bunch of shoes over the past few weeks. I have been running in a great pair of Brooks Trance 6 shoes. I liked them. I also have been running in the Asics gt-2120 for a bit as well and they were not bad.

I made my decision and I am getting the Brooks Trance 7 shoes( http://www.brooksrunning.com/prod.php?p=41211). I ended up picking them over Asics Kayano 13 and 14s. I am excited to try them out next week. I seem to remember Arch running in them as well as maybe SteelBlue. Anyway, I will let you know how they feel.

Goatnapper: "UteStar is the only one who is not scum."
UteStar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2008, 07:33 PM   #2
ThatSportsFan

ThatSportsFan

Quote:
Originally Posted by UteStar View Post
I looked and tried on a bunch of shoes over the past few weeks. I have been running in a great pair of Brooks Trance 6 shoes. I liked them. I also have been running in the Asics gt-2120 for a bit as well and they were not bad.

I made my decision and I am getting the Brooks Trance 7 shoes( http://www.brooksrunning.com/prod.php?p=41211). I ended up picking them over Asics Kayano 13 and 14s. I am excited to try them out next week. I seem to remember Arch running in them as well as maybe SteelBlue. Anyway, I will let you know how they feel.

You are going to love them. I have been running with them for the past 3 weeks. Good choice.+
ThatSportsFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2008, 07:51 PM   #3
UteStar

UteStar is an unknown quantity at this point

Quote:
Originally Posted by ThatSportsFan View Post
You are going to love them. I have been running with them for the past 3 weeks. Good choice.+
Good to hear, I am excited for them. I have really liked my Trance 6 shoes and from what I am reading, the 7 is a significant upgrade so thats good. I am slowly becoming a one brand user, Brooks. Though I still like the Asics that I use occasionally.

Goatnapper: "UteStar is the only one who is not scum."
UteStar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2008, 08:59 PM   #4
SteelBlue

SteelBlue is an unknown quantity at this point

I love my Trance 7's. Excellent choice.
SteelBlue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2008, 10:02 PM   #5
OrangeUte

OrangeUte is on a distinguished road

they are a great shoe. i'm a big guy - 240lbs, and i found that asics went flat on me after only a few months. i've been running in trance 7's for a few months now, averaging 15 miles/week, and they still feel great.
OrangeUte is offline   Reply With Quote