cougarguard.com — unofficial BYU Cougars / LDS sports, football, basketball forum and message board  

Go Back   cougarguard.com — unofficial BYU Cougars / LDS sports, football, basketball forum and message board > non-Sports > Finances
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 08-15-2007, 02:08 PM   #1
BYU71

BYU71 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Forgive me for posting a finance

thread, I know finance threads aren't of much interest. However, I am sitting here hoping something happens and drives the market up short term. It is my guess the traders and spec. guys have now gone short. I would love to see them get their butts handed to them.

I love this market. The more we can punish the short termers, the happier I get.
BYU71 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2007, 02:49 PM   #2
Indy Coug

Indy Coug is an unknown quantity at this point

That's a finance post? Sounds more to me like a vendetta post.
Indy Coug is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2007, 03:11 PM   #3
BYU71

Quote:
Originally Posted by Indy Coug View Post
That's a finance post? Sounds more to me like a vendetta post.
I didn't see the Vendetta category. I am not sure the exact meaning or proper use of the term vendetta.

If a vendetta is wishing ill on those you consider a pain in the arse. Then yes, it was a vendetta post.
Old 08-15-2007, 04:09 PM   #4
Detroitdad
Resident Jackass

Detroitdad is an unknown quantity at this point

We could argue about the validity of seeing dow 14,000 as a point of celebration again, couldn't we?

I too would love to see the speculators get their asses handed to them. I am just worried that they might drag a bunch of people down with them. As it is I am just sitting here waiting for the next shoe of many eft to go, to drop.
Detroitdad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2007, 04:21 PM   #5
BYU71

Quote:
Originally Posted by Detroitdad View Post
We could argue about the validity of seeing dow 14,000 as a point of celebration again, couldn't we?

I too would love to see the speculators get their asses handed to them. I am just worried that they might drag a bunch of people down with them. As it is I am just sitting here waiting for the next shoe of many eft to go, to drop.
My own personal opinion, or hope, is that the smack down started soon enough that it won't turn out to be a bear market or recession. The longer the excesses go, the tougher the pull back is. Right now I don't have any clients who are wanting to sell. I have had them hold some cash through the summer and they are antsy to buy. I keep telling them to wait a little longer. I hope I am not wrong in waiting. If I am they will let me know about it.
Old 08-15-2007, 04:30 PM   #6
Detroitdad
Resident Jackass

Quote:
Originally Posted by BYU71 View Post
My own personal opinion, or hope, is that the smack down started soon enough that it won't turn out to be a bear market or recession. The longer the excesses go, the tougher the pull back is. Right now I don't have any clients who are wanting to sell. I have had them hold some cash through the summer and they are antsy to buy. I keep telling them to wait a little longer. I hope I am not wrong in waiting. If I am they will let me know about it.
So you are thinking that this fall will not be as ugly? I could forsee the tightening of credit cutting into consumer spending in a big way, that could further undermine the confidence to lend. On the other hand there have got to be big bargains in the financials after all of this shakes out in the next six months.
Old 08-15-2007, 04:33 PM   #7
BYU71

Quote:
Originally Posted by Detroitdad View Post
So you are thinking that this fall will not be as ugly? I could forsee the tightening of credit cutting into consumer spending in a big way, that could further undermine the confidence to lend. On the other hand there have got to be big bargains in the financials after all of this shakes out in the next six months.
I will go out on a limb and be willing to have it cut out from under me. I think by Jan 1 we will have gotten back to 14,000 on the Dow. What happens between now and then, I know not. To me making a 4 month prediction is trying to call things short term, but I just did it.
Old 08-15-2007, 04:43 PM   #8
Detroitdad
Resident Jackass

Quote:
I will go out on a limb and be willing to have it cut out from under me. I think by Jan 1 we will have gotten back to 14,000 on the Dow. What happens between now and then, I know not. To me making a 4 month prediction is trying to call things short term, but I just did it.
Count me as a bear. I would be surprised to see much of upside by January. But let me say that your experience in this area exceeds my age, so I think my opinion comes bearing more than one grain of salt. I hope that you are right.
Old 08-15-2007, 05:05 PM   #9
jay santos

jay santos is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Wait I thought you were just trashing on the speculaters and market timers, and here you are marketing timing...
jay santos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2007, 05:06 PM   #10
BYU71

Quote:
Originally Posted by jay santos View Post
Wait I thought you were just trashing on the speculaters and market timers, and here you are marketing timing...
LOL, I don't use any fancy programs or formula's to do my market timing. Therefor it doesn't count.