cougarguard.com — unofficial BYU Cougars / LDS sports, football, basketball forum and message board  

Go Back   cougarguard.com — unofficial BYU Cougars / LDS sports, football, basketball forum and message board > non-Sports > Art/Movies/Media/Music/Books
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 05-11-2006, 03:01 PM   #1
fusnik11

fusnik11 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Can you believe Idol last night?

I am still shocked....

I like Elliott the best, followed by Christ, followed by Taylor, followed by the weird bodied fat/skinny/sexy chick, Katherine....
fusnik11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2006, 03:16 PM   #2
Colly Wolly

Colly Wolly is an unknown quantity at this point

I agree with your order completely. There is something about that chick that just bugs me. Perhaps too cocky. Tuesday night was the first time I voted this season, and I voted for Elliot. I think the guy has the best singing voice on the show. Who cares about star-power? Root for the underdog!
Colly Wolly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2006, 03:17 PM   #3
COUGZ

COUGZ is on a distinguished road

American Idol will go simply like this...

If Elliot wins...Idol takes 5 steps backwards b/c they have the 2nd coming of Fantasia on their hands.

If Taylor wins...Idol takes 2 steps backwards b/c they run into same problem they did with Reuben...how do you market the guy?

If Big Boobs wins...Idol will pray she can lose 20lbs like Kelly Clarkson did and make it on the pop charts.

Chris, for American Idol, would have been the best to win simply b/c he is totally different than anything Idol has had and his "voice" and the fact that his voice is very marketable today.
COUGZ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2006, 03:26 PM   #4
fusnik11

fusnik11 is an unknown quantity at this point

I think their ratings indicate it doesn't matter who wins....

Idol doesn't hurt for ratings....

As for Elliott and Taylor, it would be quite simple to market their voices. They are very distinct and very good. Elliott in fact is incredibly amazing. His runs, fabrato, range are all excellent. Taylor is a niche singer and I am sure he will do quite well..
fusnik11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2006, 03:30 PM   #5
COUGZ

COUGZ is on a distinguished road

Elliot will fail just like Fantasia will...why? No sex appeal in any way, shape, or form. I agree his voice is great (Fantasia did well also), but unless there is something to sell than a great voice...they aren't going to make a penny.

You are right...Idol's ratings on TV will still be good, but they need winners to sell CD's. Elliot won't.

Taylor may, but that will be hard.
COUGZ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2006, 03:37 PM   #6
Colly Wolly

Colly Wolly is an unknown quantity at this point

I dont really root for the winners post-show anyways. I just want to see the best singer win the competition.
Colly Wolly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2006, 03:53 PM   #7
Mormon Red Death

Mormon Red Death is an unknown quantity at this point

I just can't believe that people watch a show that is glorified karaoke. Couldn't they at least involve a gong?
Old 05-11-2006, 04:04 PM   #8
TheSizzle36

TheSizzle36 is on a distinguished road

Of those, Chris was definitely the most marketable. You could tell that Simon was slightly disappointed that Chris went home. Paula was almost in tears, but I swear she's drunk or on drugs lately... seriously, something is just whack with that chick.

Kat is marketable, and I actually don't mind her. She is weird because at times she looks amazingly stunning, and at times she's just alright. Depends on the camera angle, outfit, etc.... but the same could have been said for Kelly Clarkson, so I guess she has a chance (BTW, she IS hotter than Kelly Clarkson, it's just the level of hotness that's difficult to determine).

I'm not a fan of Elliot... something about his voice bugs me... or maybe it's his eyes... or his teeth... I don't know what it is. He has some talent, but yeah.

Taylor's voice is just alright... he would be a decent performer, but have a hard time selling CDs, IMO.

I'd still look for Chris to most likely have the most successful career of the 4... I just hope that he doesn't go 'pop' like most AI's and stays true to his rock side and he'll be successful.
TheSizzle36 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2006, 04:21 PM   #9
livecoug

livecoug is an unknown quantity at this point

Quote:
Originally Posted by fusnik11
I am still shocked....

I like Elliott the best, followed by Christ, followed by Taylor, followed by the weird bodied fat/skinny/sexy chick, Katherine....

Shouldn't Christ always be first? get your priorities straight!
livecoug is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2006, 02:42 AM   #10
RockyBalboa

RockyBalboa is an unknown quantity at this point
Send a message via MSN to RockyBalboa

Was there really a whole thread on here about a karaoke show?