cougarguard.com — unofficial BYU Cougars / LDS sports, football, basketball forum and message board  

Go Back   cougarguard.com — unofficial BYU Cougars / LDS sports, football, basketball forum and message board > House Keeping > What should this site be?
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 04-03-2006, 03:10 PM   #1
Robin

Robin is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Documented examples of CougarGuard censorship.

This thread is not a complaint.

It as a simple way for the people of CG to monitor the kinds of things that get censored here. as a check against the POTENTIAL abuse of the TWO mods.

If you are aware of an example of CG censorship, please write a non-offending description of the censored post below. If you are aware of someone else's post getting censored, mention it, to the best of your memory (I doubt that grapevine is going to come forward with ALL of his racist posts, but it would be good to have mention of a few here, to simply sample the flavor of the censoring trends of CG).
Robin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2006, 03:19 PM   #2
Robin

Discussion about early LDS temple ceremony.

A couple of days ago, I included a post that allegedly quoted from an early LDS temple ceremony from the last centuray. The text included portions of the ceremony that fall outside of the covenant of secrecy. In general terms, this was a religious post that intended to illicit responses to early LDS oaths of vengence and violence in the LDS temple ceremony.
Old 04-03-2006, 03:27 PM   #3
Robin

Fallout to the Discussion about early LDS temple ceremony.

Talking with AA after the deleted post, I refered to the fact that in spite of AA's opinion about what can and can not be discussed here, most of the discussion about the early LDS temple ceremony remained. Only the allegedy quoted portions got deleted.

A mod then deleted this post. I assumed it was 'a mod with a sense of humor,' and reposted my comment. The latter comment remains.

This seemed to be an example of a mod flexing his muscle for 'fun?'
Old 04-04-2006, 12:15 PM   #4
myboynoah

myboynoah is an unknown quantity at this point

While I was on CG the other night, Mrs. myboynoah noticed Archaea's avatar and said she didn't approve. I felt compelled to close my eyes.

Does that count?

Religion rises inevitably from our apprehension of our own death. To give meaning to meaninglessness is the endless quest of all religion. When death becomes the center of our consciousness, then religion authentically begins. Of all religions that I know, the one that most vehemently and persuasively defies and denies the reality of death is the original Mormonism of the Prophet, Seer and Revelator, Joseph Smith.
myboynoah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2006, 02:57 PM   #5
Jeff Lebowski
Charon

Jeff Lebowski is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by myboynoah
While I was on CG the other night, Mrs. myboynoah noticed Archaea's avatar and said she didn't approve. I felt compelled to close my eyes.

Does that count?
I had to block the server referenced by Archaea's avatar. My ten-year-old daughter kept walking by the computer and yelling "Mom! Dad's looking at an inappropriate website again!"
Old 04-04-2006, 03:14 PM   #6
Archaea
Assistant to the Regional Manager

Archaea is an unknown quantity at this point

I'll change it when I summon up the energy to find another photo worth having Mike crop for me.

My avatar served its once humorous purpose.

I'm just not creative enough to find something else expressing any novel thoughts, not that the original one did that.

But far be it from me to drive men away from their wives.
Old 04-04-2006, 03:17 PM   #7
myboynoah

myboynoah is an unknown quantity at this point

Quote:
Originally Posted by homeboy
I had to block the server referenced by Archaea's avatar. My ten-year-old daughter kept walking by the computer and yelling "Mom! Dad's looking at an inappropriate website again!"
Yeah, I hate it when my 10-year-old serves as my conscience. He is so exacting and leaves me absolutely no wiggle room.

Religion rises inevitably from our apprehension of our own death. To give meaning to meaninglessness is the endless quest of all religion. When death becomes the center of our consciousness, then religion authentically begins. Of all religions that I know, the one that most vehemently and persuasively defies and denies the reality of death is the original Mormonism of the Prophet, Seer and Revelator, Joseph Smith.
myboynoah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2006, 05:37 PM   #8
Jeff Lebowski
Charon

Jeff Lebowski is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by myboynoah
Quote:
Originally Posted by homeboy
Yeah, I hate it when my 10-year-old serves as my conscience. He is so exacting and leaves me absolutely no wiggle room.
Sheesh, isn't that the truth? My daughter is definitely the sheriff of the house, bless her heart.

By the way, what exactly is the "foundation pour l'aphabetization"?
Old 04-05-2006, 05:11 AM   #9
Robin

Censored for temple talk again:

Ute4Ever asked why I wanted to talk about the temple. I responded that I was more interested in people's response to an older version of the ceremony, that contains some material that I found to be startling and violent. Some aspect of those posts gets censored some times, and not at other times. Archaea... care to share your reasons?
Old 04-05-2006, 05:15 AM   #10
SteelBlue

SteelBlue is an unknown quantity at this point

Quote:
Originally Posted by Robin
Censored for temple talk again:

Ute4Ever asked why I wanted to talk about the temple. I responded that I was more interested in people's response to an older version of the ceremony, that contains some material that I found to be startling and violent. Some aspect of those posts gets censored some times, and not at other times. Archaea... care to share your reasons?
Here's one hint: Some of us are older.
SteelBlue is offline   Reply With Quote