cougarguard.com — unofficial BYU Cougars / LDS sports, football, basketball forum and message board  

Go Back   cougarguard.com — unofficial BYU Cougars / LDS sports, football, basketball forum and message board > non-Sports > Religion
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

View Poll Results: Do you have gay friend(s) or family member(s)?
Friend 14 32.56%
Family 16 37.21%
None 13 30.23%
Voters: 43. You may not vote on this poll

Old 02-27-2008, 02:49 PM   #51
Spaz

Spaz is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by MikeWaters View Post
That's a serious man-crush, to suddenly choose to pack fudge.

I'm sure it was a conscious choice, like deciding chocolate is your favorite, instead of vanilla.
Meh. Maybe his wife was frigid, and he preferred someone who puts out more.

I refuse to pontificate on the goings-on in another man's mind. I don't find your pontification any more likely than the fact that he had a satisfactory sex life for 20+ years with someone with whom he was not attracted to.
Spaz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2008, 02:52 PM   #52
MikeWaters
Demiurge

MikeWaters is an unknown quantity at this point

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spaz View Post
Meh. Maybe his wife was frigid, and he preferred someone who puts out more.

I refuse to pontificate on the goings-on in another man's mind. I don't find your pontification any more likely than the fact that he had a satisfactory sex life for 20+ years with someone with whom he was not attracted to.
I have a relative who tells me that men choose to be gay because "it is easy." That is, it is more difficult to find women who are willing to sleep around than it is to find gay men who will sleep around. So it is merely convenience.

I thought you would find this theory attractive.
MikeWaters is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2008, 03:11 PM   #53
T Blue

T Blue is on a distinguished road

Quote:
I have a relative who tells me that men choose to be gay because "it is easy." That is, it is more difficult to find women who are willing to sleep around than it is to find gay men who will sleep around. So it is merely convenience.

That is the same thing my Gay male cousin has told me, it's much easier to find Gay men who will put out, than trying to find women.
T Blue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2008, 03:11 PM   #54
MikeWaters
Demiurge

MikeWaters is an unknown quantity at this point

Quote:
Originally Posted by T Blue View Post
That is the same thing my Gay male cousin has told me, it's much easier to find Gay men who will put out, than trying to find women.
Did he tell you that's why he "chose" to be gay?
MikeWaters is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2008, 03:18 PM   #55
Spaz

Quote:

Personally, I don't know whether homosexual men are more sexually active than hetero women. But do me a favor and don't assign me into a category I've made pretty apparent I don't belong in.

One more time, for clarity's sake...I don't know nor do I care whether being gay is a choice or determined for the individual.
Old 02-27-2008, 03:27 PM   #56
TripletDaddy

TripletDaddy can only hope to improve

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spaz View Post
No clue. I phrased it the way I did intentionally. I don't want to give out specifics, as it's a rather private matter, and several people know exactly who 'spaz' is, and it's not my place to share details.

Suffice it to say that the guy was happily married for well over 20 years, and never considered himself gay. Suddenly, he meets someone, and over a few years is slowly convinced that he is gay.

Whether or not he actually was gay, and was 'brought to the light', or whether he was not, and was misled into choosing to be gay doesn't much matter, IMO.
So you know that during those 20 years he never considered himself to be gay? How do you know this? I guess the father sat you down and walked you through the whole thing?

"Everyone is against me. Everyone is fawning for 3D's attention and defending him." -- SeattleUte
TripletDaddy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2008, 03:28 PM   #57
T Blue

T Blue is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Did he tell you that's why he "chose" to be gay?
I have pondered this my whole adult life, why are these cousins Gay?

I gotta believe that their upbringing has something to do with it, their Mom was the Witch from hell and completely hen pecked their Dad.

Dad was nothing but a bread winner, they later divorced when she was having an affair with the college professor she had a class with.

Their whole growing up years were a mess, certainly no stability from the Dads side with their Mom controlling everything.

They dated girls in high school, but they certainly were more feminine, after high school was when the "boyfriends" started coming around.

I suppose I should just point blank ask them when they knew they were Gay, they would have no fear in telling me, they are quite proud of the fact they are Gay. Absolutely ZERO inhibitions about being Gay whatsover.
T Blue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2008, 03:31 PM   #58
TripletDaddy

TripletDaddy can only hope to improve

Quote:
Originally Posted by T Blue View Post
I have pondered this my whole adult life, why are these cousins Gay?

I gotta believe that their upbringing has something to do with it, their Mom was the Witch from hell and completely hen pecked their Dad.

Dad was nothing but a bread winner, they later divorced when she was having an affair with the college professor she had a class with.

Their whole growing up years were a mess, certainly no stability from the Dads side with their Mom controlling everything.

They dated girls in high school, but they certainly were more feminine, after high school was when the "boyfriends" started coming around.

I suppose I should just point blank ask them when they knew they were Gay, they would have no fear in telling me, they are quite proud of the fact they are Gay. Absolutely ZERO inhibitions about being Gay whatsover.
Interesting theory....gays come from bad, unstable households.

My dad worked a lot.....I like men!

"Everyone is against me. Everyone is fawning for 3D's attention and defending him." -- SeattleUte
TripletDaddy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2008, 03:43 PM   #59
Spaz

Quote:
Originally Posted by TripletDaddy View Post
So you know that during those 20 years he never considered himself to be gay? How do you know this? I guess the father sat you down and walked you through the whole thing?
I know that he sat down and told his daughter his feelings throughout the process. She specifically said he used the phrase "I never once doubted my heterosexuality until..."

It's certainly possible that he did doubt his sexual preference throughout his marriage.

I find it rather humorous that so much emphasis has come from my posting, trying to make it seem as if it's supporting one thing or another. The intention of the post was simply to share my personal experience with homosexuality, and not to argue it as proof of anything whatsoever.