cougarguard.com — unofficial BYU Cougars / LDS sports, football, basketball forum and message board  

Go Back   cougarguard.com — unofficial BYU Cougars / LDS sports, football, basketball forum and message board > House Keeping > What should this site be?
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 06-01-2007, 08:47 PM   #21
Requiem

Requiem is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by SeattleUte View Post
I'm looking at your avatar with its impressively girlish quality as I read your post and can't help but think, "The lady (?) doth protest too much." Women here are treated like royalty as I'm sure Barbara will attest. But we need better verification than bald assertions.
So what you are really saying is "women here who know their place are treated like royalty". I love Barbara's posts but do I have to be exactly like her to gain acceptance? What about your "bald assertions" of manhood? Where do I send the DNA samples?
Requiem is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2007, 08:54 PM   #22
BigFatMeanie

BigFatMeanie is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Requiem View Post
Please inform me who the "valued members of the cult" are on this board. Been a bad day - had my gender questioned and called a "baseball snob". I can take it - just let me know who I should not offend. Are you really a Ute?
SU is definitely a Ute.

I'm guessing that the main reason SU is probing/questioning your gender is because the site has had problems with people creating duplicate accounts in the past or blatant posing as someone they are not. Not that there's anything inherntly evil about being a poser on the Internet - we're all posers in some respects (heck, I'm pretending to look like Cary Grant when in fact I am better looking than him). SU is probably probing in order to procure a pledge that you aren't a particular poser that posed problems in the past and has now resurfaced under a new name.

Last edited by BigFatMeanie; 06-01-2007 at 08:58 PM. Reason: I made the last sentence even more alliterative just for fun
BigFatMeanie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2007, 08:59 PM   #23
Requiem

Requiem is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigFatMeanie View Post
SU is definitely a Ute.

I'm guessing that the main reason SU is probing/questioning your gender is because the site has had problems with people creating duplicate accounts in the past or blatant posing as someone they are not. Not that there's anything inherntly evil about being a poser on the Internet - we're all posers in some respects (heck, I'm pretending to look like Cary Grant when in fact I am better looking than him). SU is probably just trying to make sure you're not a particular poser that posed problems in the past and has now resurfaced under a new name.
I am not a poser and have no motivation to engage in any dialogues that are mean spirited. This board is a refreshing refuge - full of smart, independent thinkers. Your concerns are understandable.
Requiem is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2007, 11:09 PM   #24
BarbaraGordon

BarbaraGordon is on a distinguished road

Quote:
I am not a poser and have no motivation to engage in any dialogues that are mean spirited. This board is a refreshing refuge - full of smart, independent thinkers. Your concerns are understandable.
Requiem, pay no attention to the men behind the curtain. They get really excited at the thought that a female might enjoy their company. But given their histories of painful rejections from young co-eds at BYU, they simply find it impossible to believe that a real female actually would. So, they desire a little pictorial evidence.

Also, they probably just want a photograph to help estimate your bra size and declare a winner for the office pool.

But never fear, there has never been a photographic requirement for membership here, so there's no need to comply. And of course, if the boys get too pushy, I've got your back.
BarbaraGordon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2007, 11:33 PM   #25
JohnnyLingo

JohnnyLingo has a little shameless behaviour in the past

Quote:
I'm guessing that the main reason SU is probing/questioning your gender is because the site has had problems with people creating duplicate accounts in the past or blatant posing as someone they are not. Not that there's anything inherntly evil about being a poser on the Internet - we're all posers in some respects (heck, I'm pretending to look like Cary Grant when in fact I am better looking than him). SU is probably probing in order to procure a pledge that you aren't a particular poser that posed problems in the past and has now resurfaced under a new name.
When has that happened? The only false user I've ever known is John Haddow, and that has generally been well received, as its entire purpose was to insult someone.
JohnnyLingo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2007, 12:11 AM   #26
All-American

All-American is an unknown quantity at this point
Send a message via MSN to All-American

Quote:
Originally Posted by JohnnyLingo View Post
When has that happened? The only false user I've ever known is John Haddow, and that has generally been well received, as its entire purpose was to insult someone.
There have been a couple, and not all without malicious intent. To say more would be to ruin the fun we have making them think we aren't on to them yet.
Old 06-03-2007, 04:29 PM   #27
Mindfulcoug

Mindfulcoug is on a distinguished road

no man, no lds, no democrat, no lawyer??? you got me in here then. hi!
Old 06-03-2007, 05:14 PM   #28
il Padrino Ute
Board Pinhead

il Padrino Ute is an unknown quantity at this point

Quote:
Very sexist SU. I grew up as the only daughter with five older brothers. Dad was their baseball coach until High School. Then he coached my traveling softball team. Thanks to his effots, I played softball at the college level at the Lord's University (yes, I am still an active member of the Crimson Club). So sports is a big part of my life and I absolutely love softball and baseball. Imagine a woman being "that way". I hope none of you manly types are threatened. Back to the kitchen I go.
I, for one, am happy to have another baseball snob here and it's a bonus that you are a female.

Am I so understand that you played softball at the Y, while cheering for the Utes in the other sports? If so, I commend you for heading into hostile territory and doing your part to help bring order to the universe.

Finally, don't be fooled by Barbara's demure appearance. When Bat Girl posts, she can throw it down like the best of 'em. She is the sports freak at her house.

"This is now the joke that stupid people laugh at." - Christopher Hitchens on IQ jokes about GWB.
il Padrino Ute is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2007, 01:54 AM   #29
Frank Ryan
Formerly Mastershake

Frank Ryan is on a distinguished road
Default welcome to the board!

Quote:
Originally Posted by mindfulcoug View Post
no man, no lds, no democrat, no lawyer??? you got me in here then. hi!
tell us more about yourself
Frank Ryan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2007, 01:58 AM   #30
Mindfulcoug

Mindfulcoug is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mastershake View Post
tell us more about yourself
Thanks! I will.. gradually