cougarguard.com — unofficial BYU Cougars / LDS sports, football, basketball forum and message board  

Go Back   cougarguard.com — unofficial BYU Cougars / LDS sports, football, basketball forum and message board > SPORTS! > Professional Sports
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 10-08-2006, 01:13 PM   #1
TheSizzle36

TheSizzle36 is on a distinguished road
Default The Yankees go down

And I am glad. I wish every series was a sweep. I hate baseball... although if the A's make it to the series, I will probably turn into a game or two.
TheSizzle36 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2006, 06:11 PM   #2
mpfunk

mpfunk is an unknown quantity at this point
Send a message via MSN to mpfunk

There are only two types of baseball haters, those who do not understand the game of baseball and those who lack the capacity to understand baseball
mpfunk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2006, 01:28 AM   #3
RockyBalboa

RockyBalboa is an unknown quantity at this point
Send a message via MSN to RockyBalboa

Quote:
Originally Posted by mpfunk View Post
There are only two types of baseball haters, those who do not understand the game of baseball and those who lack the capacity to understand baseball
That quote is almost more boring than watching regular season baseball on the T.V. ...
Old 10-09-2006, 02:37 AM   #4
mpfunk

mpfunk is an unknown quantity at this point
Send a message via MSN to mpfunk

Quote:
Originally Posted by RockyBalboa View Post
That quote is almost more boring than watching regular season baseball on the T.V. ...
Watching regular season baseball on TV is a pure joy, and the quote is not boring it is incredibly accurate.
mpfunk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2006, 02:46 AM   #5
RockyBalboa

Quote:
Watching regular season baseball on TV is a pure joy, and the quote is not boring it is incredibly accurate.
Accurate for people who enjoy being bored.
Old 10-09-2006, 03:20 AM   #6
Venkman

Venkman is on a distinguished road

I was happy the Tigers won the series. I don't hate the Yankees, I just generally root for the underdog.

To weigh in on the baseball=boring arguments, it just depends for me. I love going to ball games anytime, but TV baseball is more difficult for me. I love playoff baseball, but I generally I don't get into regular season baseball. However, when I lived in California, I had a buddy who was a huge A's fan. We'd watch 50-60 regular season games a season on the TV at his house, and I loved it. But I still thought it was boring to watch by myself. Kinda weird. I've decided baseball is best enjoyed with friends, so you can chat during the copious amounts of down time.

Even though it's not my favorite spectator sport, I think baseball is the greatest game ever invented. It was always my favorite to play, by far.
Venkman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2006, 02:36 PM   #7
RockyBalboa

Quote:
Originally Posted by Venkman View Post
I was happy the Tigers won the series. I don't hate the Yankees, I just generally root for the underdog.

To weigh in on the baseball=boring arguments, it just depends for me. I love going to ball games anytime, but TV baseball is more difficult for me. I love playoff baseball, but I generally I don't get into regular season baseball. However, when I lived in California, I had a buddy who was a huge A's fan. We'd watch 50-60 regular season games a season on the TV at his house, and I loved it. But I still thought it was boring to watch by myself. Kinda weird. I've decided baseball is best enjoyed with friends, so you can chat during the copious amounts of down time.

Even though it's not my favorite spectator sport, I think baseball is the greatest game ever invented. It was always my favorite to play, by far.
I like going to the ballpark, I like watching playoff baseball....other than that it's completely zzzzzzzzzzzz...............
Old 10-09-2006, 02:42 PM   #8
TheSizzle36

TheSizzle36 is on a distinguished road

Quote:
I disagree. I have played baseball growing up. I understand the game. But I much more enjoy Football and Basketball, and would rather spend my summers golfing or at the lake than watching a baseball game.
TheSizzle36 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2006, 02:43 PM   #9
Archaea
Assistant to the Regional Manager

Archaea is an unknown quantity at this point

Quote:
And those that tire of seeing grown, out of shape men, playing with their balls.

I can proudly say I have not watched a baseball game in years. That noted, it was with some glee I saw on Sports Center that the Tigers knocked out the Yankees.