cougarguard.com — unofficial BYU Cougars / LDS sports, football, basketball forum and message board  

Go Back   cougarguard.com — unofficial BYU Cougars / LDS sports, football, basketball forum and message board > non-Sports > Religion
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 08-11-2014, 02:30 PM   #1
ute4ever
I must not tell lies

ute4ever is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Julie Rowe

Mike, Arch, have you guys heard of her yet? She's one of many people who have visited the Spirit World during a near-death experience, but what sets her apart from others is she was shown the entire Plan of Salvation. And what is uncanny and fascinating, is that in her two three-hour radio interviews and in her book, she does not say one thing that goes against LDS doctrine. I believe her name will be well-known soon.

In Acts 2:17-18, Luke writes, "And it shall come to pass in the last days, saith God, I will pour out of my Spirit upon all flesh: and your sons and your daughters shall prophesy, and your young men shall see visions, and your old men shall dream dreams; and on my servants and on my handmaidens I will pour out in those days of my Spirit; and they shall prophesy."

See also Joel 2:28-29.

President Hinckley, in the Sep 1985 General Women's conference, said, "Yours may be the spirit of prophecy. That may sound strange to some of you. Miriam in the Old Testament is spoken of as a prophetess. Peter, on the day of Pentecost, repeated the words of the prophet Joel. Can anyone doubt that many women have a special intuitive sense, even a prescient understanding of things to come?"

That being said, Julie's message is that the day to prepare is now, to listen to the prophet, read and recognize the signs of the times, and do not delay any longer in preparing yourself spiritually or temporally. If you have been procrastinating the day of your repentance, now is the time to learn to discern and fine-tune the light of Christ, that all people have been born with.

She does not give dates, but strongly suggests that the 7 years of turmoil as prophesied of, including their plagues, civil wars, foreign invasions, natural disasters and all, will commence shortly before the next US President is inaugurated, which would give us roughly two years. (Granted, the inauguration could be delayed past Jan 20, as was nearly done in Bush/Gore). Her message is although the prophets have been warning us for decades, the time is now, do not delay your preparation any longer.

Also, the book is softcover and inexpensive, profiting only 43 cents per copy sold. Her firesides and appearances, of course, are free.

The first two chapters of her book:
http://www.abysmal.com/Merchant2/mer...oduct_Code=AGT

The ninth chapter:
http://www.nofearpreps.com/a-better-tomorrow.html

Her two archived radio interviews:
http://www.k-talk.com/index.php/archive/
(Click on Mills Crenshaw, and then Julie Rowe 0716 and 0529.
ute4ever is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2014, 11:41 PM   #2
MikeWaters
Demiurge

MikeWaters is an unknown quantity at this point

This is a genre.

Return from Tomorrow.

Embraced by the Light by Eadie. This one was notable for some of its LDS themes. Probably most who read it did not know she was a member of the church. Wikipedia says she was a convert and was inactive until her near death experience.

They are what they are. Some will find value, others will not.

We had one poster here on CG who alluded to his own near death experience which he said made him no longer question the existence of God or whether there is life after death. He did not elaborate. He was one of the more prominent posters here.
MikeWaters is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2014, 05:27 AM   #3
ute4ever
I must not tell lies

Have you read Visions of Glory? Presently, that one receives the most press.
Old 02-06-2015, 05:33 PM   #4
ute4ever
I must not tell lies

Date night for you Waters. She's met with GA's and remains in good standing. OPSEC will not stop the work from progressing.

http://julieroweprepare.com/dallas-feb-6-2015/
Old 02-06-2015, 07:24 PM   #5
MikeWaters
Demiurge

I looked up the address. It looks like it will be a revival in a field. (?)

8801 Martop Road, Aubrey, Texas

I think I will be skipping this.
Old 02-06-2015, 08:58 PM   #6
ute4ever
I must not tell lies

You goofball. Try the LDS meetinghouse across the street from the field.
Old 02-06-2015, 09:03 PM   #7
MikeWaters
Demiurge

Revival in a field would have been more interesting.
Old 02-10-2015, 09:03 PM   #8
BlueK

BlueK is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by MikeWaters View Post
This is a genre.

Return from Tomorrow.

Embraced by the Light by Eadie. This one was notable for some of its LDS themes. Probably most who read it did not know she was a member of the church. Wikipedia says she was a convert and was inactive until her near death experience.

They are what they are. Some will find value, others will not.

We had one poster here on CG who alluded to his own near death experience which he said made him no longer question the existence of God or whether there is life after death. He did not elaborate. He was one of the more prominent posters here.
I read Eadie's first book and enjoyed it. I know a few of the more literalist/hardline/uptight LDS at the time had a quibble about some of the details, but I didn't, nor do I think anything those folks might have had a problem with in her account goes against any revealed doctrine or is about anything important. Most LDS I knew who read it seemed to like it as well.