cougarguard.com — unofficial BYU Cougars / LDS sports, football, basketball forum and message board  

Go Back   cougarguard.com — unofficial BYU Cougars / LDS sports, football, basketball forum and message board > non-Sports > Art/Movies/Media/Music/Books
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 09-10-2007, 09:33 PM   #1
Archaea
Assistant to the Regional Manager

Archaea is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Not certain who this person is, but her lawyer needs to help her give interviews.

Quote:
If you can read Avril Lavigne's latest interview with Q Magazine without wanting to head butt your monitor then you're a stronger person than I am. Because I read this thing and all I wanted to do was start head butting monitors.
On dealing with her incredible success
"Selling 24 million albums hasn't really affected me, but it has changed things. I can't walk into a room full of people any more without everybody turning their heads, and I can only eat in certain restaurants where I know I won't get hassled. But that's OK. I was born to do this, and so I've learned how to cope."
On her competition
"Someone like Kelly Clarkson is beautiful and has a pretty voice, but with me you get a much stronger image. I'm tough, I have a look that girls want to copy, and I sound a particular way. It's good if you're not easily ignored. And I'm not."
On her generosity
"I am a very giving person. When the hurricane thing happened, I went to my closet, filled six boxes of stuff and said to my assistant, 'Take it to Katrina!' I also like to give stuff to people who are my 'workers,' especially if they don't make much money."
On her polarizing personality
"People love me and people hate me, but I'm comfortable in my own skin and that's what counts. And anyway if you do hate me, you're the loser, not me."
Wow, what an amazing person. When that "hurricane thing" happened Avril filled boxes with crap and told her assistant to "take it to Katrina." The name of a hurricane. And she also likes to give stuff to her employees who don't make much money. I hear they were going to give her a humanitarian award but she was disqualified because they said it wasn't fair to the other nominees. Sometimes I get her confused with
That is a publicist's nightmare.

Who is Avril Lavigne? I think she's a Canadian singer, so she can't be that big, is she?
Old 09-10-2007, 09:38 PM   #2
Tex

Tex is on a distinguished road

Yikes.

As long as we're ripping on stupid celebrities, might I submit an entry? Saw this over the weekend. Charlize Theron on being a Mom:

Quote:
"Getting pregnant doesn’t excite me, but having kids does. I know I’ll be a mother someday. It’s just that…I don’t really want to look like a whale, you know? But I’m sure the idea of something growing inside you is pretty powerful."
And:

Quote:
"I don’t want to be obnoxious, but I want to be truthful. I’m a very aware, observant human being. I think that’s why I’m an actor."
The jokes write themselves.

http://www.parade.com/articles/editi...harlize_Theron
Tex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2007, 09:40 PM   #3
Jeff Lebowski
Charon

Jeff Lebowski is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Archaea View Post
That is a publicist's nightmare.

Who is Avril Lavigne? I think she's a Canadian singer, so she can't be that big, is she?
She was very big 3-5 years ago but her career has tanked. Thank goodness. She is just awful. Amazingly, the Canadians put her in the closing ceremonies of the recent Olympics:

http://www.cougarboard.com/noframes/...tml?id=1783448
Old 09-10-2007, 09:59 PM   #4
UtahDan

UtahDan is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jeff Lebowski View Post
She was very big 3-5 years ago but her career has tanked. Thank goodness. She is just awful. Amazingly, the Canadians put her in the closing ceremonies of the recent Olympics:

http://www.cougarboard.com/noframes/...tml?id=1783448
She's still pretty popular. Had a number one hit earlier this year.
Old 09-11-2007, 06:20 AM   #5
Frank Ryan
Formerly Mastershake

Frank Ryan is on a distinguished road

"I also like to give stuff to people who are my 'workers,' especially if they don't make much money."

Avril, how about giving them more money?

Yeah, she's lame

-- Ken Loach
Frank Ryan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2007, 01:05 AM   #6
JohnnyLingo

JohnnyLingo has a little shameless behaviour in the past

Nah, lawyers don't need to help anyone give interviews. When lawyers are involved all the answers are boring and say nothing. Imagine if Charles Barkley followed the advice of a lawyer when he talked to the media.

Stupid people giving interviews is a source of great entertainment.
JohnnyLingo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2007, 04:50 AM   #7
RockyBalboa

RockyBalboa is an unknown quantity at this point
Send a message via MSN to RockyBalboa

She looks a bit like a younger heroine chic version of Meg Ryan.

And her music sucks.
Old 09-12-2007, 03:27 PM   #8
il Padrino Ute
Board Pinhead

il Padrino Ute is an unknown quantity at this point

Quote:
Originally Posted by JohnnyLingo View Post
Nah, lawyers don't need to help anyone give interviews. When lawyers are involved all the answers are boring and say nothing. Imagine if Charles Barkley followed the advice of a lawyer when he talked to the media.

Stupid people giving interviews is a source of great entertainment.
I agree with this. The America's teens need to see just who exactly it is that they admire. If enough realize just how stupid these pop icons are, perhaps more could identify Canada on a map.

"This is now the joke that stupid people laugh at." - Christopher Hitchens on IQ jokes about GWB.
il Padrino Ute is offline   Reply With Quote