cougarguard.com — unofficial BYU Cougars / LDS sports, football, basketball forum and message board  

Go Back   cougarguard.com — unofficial BYU Cougars / LDS sports, football, basketball forum and message board > non-Sports > Chit Chat
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 05-26-2007, 05:26 AM   #11
Detroitdad
Resident Jackass

Detroitdad is an unknown quantity at this point

Quote:
Originally Posted by creekster View Post
True. Now you are getting into the very long answer. Exigent circumstances mean a lot of things.
Tell me about it. My Crim Pro Professor (also the bane of my existence for 16 weeks) could go on and on about exigent circumstances for a month. And then blame all of the outgrowths on the Bush Administration.
Detroitdad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2007, 06:06 AM   #12
il Padrino Ute
Board Pinhead

il Padrino Ute is an unknown quantity at this point

Quote:
Originally Posted by Detroitdad View Post
Tell me about it. My Crim Pro Professor (also the bane of my existence for 16 weeks) could go on and on about exigent circumstances for a month. And then blame all of the outgrowths on the Bush Administration.
It seems to me that the best way to avoid getting arrested is to not break the law. But then, I'm not a criminal lawyer, so I may be wrong.

"This is now the joke that stupid people laugh at." - Christopher Hitchens on IQ jokes about GWB.
il Padrino Ute is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2007, 02:35 PM   #13
SteelBlue

SteelBlue is an unknown quantity at this point

Clearly your wife has not watched the great TV show that was COPS. Not only can you be arrested in your own home, but they don't even care if you're wearing a shirt.
SteelBlue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2007, 02:02 PM   #14
FMCoug

FMCoug

This discussion reminds me of an experience we had while camping. There is a KOA campground not too far from here we like we go to for short trips. It's normally a great place but one time while we were therel, a woman across the way got seriously drunk and was a loud, possibly violent drunk. We were all sitting around the campfire and Mrs. FM got the kids and took them in the RV right away. Meanwhile the dog and I hung out outside to observe. The woman was out of control. Screaming at her husband and kid, etc. Finally she decides to get in their redneck truck and drive away. She then goes out to the frontage road nearby and starts roaring up and down the highway. The truck had those big exhausts that made it real loud.

Anyway, at that point I walked over to the house where the campground owners live and talked to the owner, who called the Sheriff. By the time he got there, she had come back and was back in her trailer. He came down and talked to me for a while, then drove back up to the parking area over by the office and sat there for quite some time ... an hour or so. Finally the woman comes back outside, at which point he drove down and arrested her.

From talking to the owner afterwards, the deputy said he couldn't go into her trailer to arrest her because it's considered to be like a home.

So I guess drunk and disorderly does not rise to the level of entry without a warrant. In any case, it was quite a camping adventure in a normally tranquil setting.

I felt bad for the husband though. He packed up and left the next morning because he was so embarassed. And came by and apologized to Mrs. FM and I for her behavior, etc.

Alcoholism sucks.
FMCoug is offline   Reply With Quote