cougarguard.com — unofficial BYU Cougars / LDS sports, football, basketball forum and message board  

Go Back   cougarguard.com — unofficial BYU Cougars / LDS sports, football, basketball forum and message board > non-Sports > Religion
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 04-29-2008, 09:25 PM   #31
UtahDan

UtahDan is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by KiteRider View Post
Will someone "in private" please explain to me why the government should not take boys out of homes where other children are being systematically raped?

MikeWaters, I look forward to a flood of private responses on this topic, but I won't hold my breath.
Your analysis is actually correct. Waters is just in a corner on this he cannot escape from.

Maybe he will give us some examples of what was and wasn't imminent danger from the hundred or more times he was called upon to make this determination in court.
Old 04-29-2008, 09:56 PM   #32
il Padrino Ute
Board Pinhead

il Padrino Ute is an unknown quantity at this point

Quote:
Originally Posted by Adam View Post
If a cult were living in out past Delta in the desert wearing wooden Holland clogs and training the boys all to kill their families and kids and neighbors in the year 2020 on MikeWaters' birthday, there would be no imminent danger and they should be left alone to raise their boys as they saw fit, right? I mean it is 12 years away and there is no danger of them killing anyone in the next little while. They might not go through with it, you never know, so no justification for taking them away, right?
Perhaps CFS in every state should pull kids out of the homes of Catholics. After all, the potential for sexual abuse by the priest is there at all times, given that there have been a lot of cases of abuse by priests throughout the country and more specifically in Boston.

"This is now the joke that stupid people laugh at." - Christopher Hitchens on IQ jokes about GWB.
il Padrino Ute is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2008, 10:02 PM   #33
hyrum

hyrum is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by UtahDan View Post
Your analysis is actually correct. Waters is just in a corner on this he cannot escape from.

Maybe he will give us some examples of what was and wasn't imminent danger from the hundred or more times he was called upon to make this determination in court.
I believe there is precendent for removing all children from a home -- during this investigational period -- if one is considered abused or endangered.

As for why every child in a subdivision, ward, HUD development, whatever is not taken when one family is suspected of abusing children, the obvious difference is that the FLDS do not live in individual households in the traditional sense with each household governed by a parent, or parents, so it those are not even close comparisons to the FLDS way of living. If those living in building "A" had a different philosophy on impregnating teens than those in building "B" in the compound, the FLDS seem to have done nothing to assert that, and given the stories of strong patriarchal control of marriages and families from the FLDS leadership, there is no reason to believe that might be the case.
hyrum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2008, 10:15 PM   #34
exUte

exUte can only hope to improve
Default Amen,

Quote:
Originally Posted by il Padrino Ute View Post
Perhaps CFS in every state should pull kids out of the homes of Catholics. After all, the potential for sexual abuse by the priest is there at all times, given that there have been a lot of cases of abuse by priests throughout the country and more specifically in Boston.
that is where most people have a beef. Assuming ALL boys will grow up to be predators and thus they have to be removed from their parents.

OK, here goes.........

How many AA kids are born out of wedlock? Why not lock up all the AA boys because they will simply impregnate and take off? Some even with underage girls. Check out the stats.

No that is not racist.......it's a fact.
exUte is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2008, 10:17 PM   #35
exUte

Default Still no claims have been made

Quote:
Originally Posted by hyrum View Post
I believe there is precendent for removing all children from a home -- during this investigational period -- if one is considered abused or endangered.

As for why every child in a subdivision, ward, HUD development, whatever is not taken when one family is suspected of abusing children, the obvious difference is that the FLDS do not live in individual households in the traditional sense with each household governed by a parent, or parents, so it those are not even close comparisons to the FLDS way of living. If those living in building "A" had a different philosophy on impregnating teens than those in building "B" in the compound, the FLDS seem to have done nothing to assert that, and given the stories of strong patriarchal control of marriages and families from the FLDS leadership, there is no reason to believe that might be the case.
as to the breaking of laws. Remember, up until two years ago, it was friggin legal to marry at 14. What the hell is that all about? Other states still allow marriage at 14. Why would any law like that be on any books in any state is beyond me.
Old 04-29-2008, 10:18 PM   #36
exUte

Default Ever heard of the Sharia law?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Adam View Post
If a cult were living in out past Delta in the desert wearing wooden Holland clogs and training the boys all to kill their families and kids and neighbors in the year 2020 on MikeWaters' birthday, there would be no imminent danger and they should be left alone to raise their boys as they saw fit, right? I mean it is 12 years away and there is no danger of them killing anyone in the next little while. They might not go through with it, you never know, so no justification for taking them away, right?
Should any child being brought up in that religion be confiscated?
Old 04-29-2008, 10:19 PM   #37
K-dog

K-dog is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by KiteRider View Post
Will someone "in private" please explain to me why the government should not take boys out of homes where other children are being systematically raped?

MikeWaters, I look forward to a flood of private responses on this topic, but I won't hold my breath.
Because it is statutory rape, not common law rape. The boys are not in danger.

K-dog

P.S. Grrrrrrrrr
K-dog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2008, 10:20 PM   #38
exUte

Default For Flystripper........

Quote:
Originally Posted by exUte View Post
as reported by the DesNews?
chirp, chirp? Won't answer a simple question? Do you stick by DNews article claims?
Old 04-29-2008, 10:30 PM   #39
il Padrino Ute
Board Pinhead

il Padrino Ute is an unknown quantity at this point

Quote:
that is where most people have a beef. Assuming ALL boys will grow up to be predators and thus they have to be removed from their parents.

OK, here goes.........

How many AA kids are born out of wedlock? Why not lock up all the AA boys because they will simply impregnate and take off? Some even with underage girls. Check out the stats.

No that is not racist.......it's a fact.
I meant more that the boys would be in danger of being sexually abused by their priest, not that they would grow up to be predators.

"This is now the joke that stupid people laugh at." - Christopher Hitchens on IQ jokes about GWB.
il Padrino Ute is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2008, 10:40 PM   #40
Flystripper

Flystripper is an unknown quantity at this point

Quote:
chirp, chirp? Won't answer a simple question? Do you stick by DNews article claims?
chirp chirp? who are you even talking to?
Flystripper is offline   Reply With Quote