cougarguard.com — unofficial BYU Cougars / LDS sports, football, basketball forum and message board  

Go Back   cougarguard.com — unofficial BYU Cougars / LDS sports, football, basketball forum and message board > non-Sports > Current Events
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 07-18-2007, 09:06 PM   #1
YOhio
AKA SeattleNewt

YOhio is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Tom Green's parole hearing

http://deseretnews.com/dn/view/0,1249,695192893,00.html

Quote:
Adult Probation and Parole agents are concerned that Green, who will be a registered sex offender, will go back to living with his four wives and scores of children in a four-unit home.

"We don't think it's appropriate," probation officer Robert Reeder said Tuesday.

Choosing his words carefully, Green announced that he would only be living in one unit with his legal wife, Linda.

"These other mothers of my children live in their own houses and I will never be living with them, so I will never be guilty of bigamy," he said.

Parole board member Keith Hamilton questioned the state's interest in whether Green is having "extramarital affairs" outside of his legal relationship. In a frank conversation with Linda Green, Hamilton asked if she had any say in who her husband slept with.

"If you asked him not to stray ... would he abide by that?" he asked.

"I think if it was a choice between not being able to be free and be a father to his children, he would, yes," she replied.

"Would you ask him?"

"If it meant he could be a father to his children, I would, yes."

"Would you feel that it was an intrusion on your relationship if the state asked you to ask him so that he could go home?"
"I would do whatever the state asks for my husband to come home," she sobbed.

This makes me uncomfortable to see what kind of power the state is wielding on this issue. Should they place conditions on his parole that monitor which house he sleeps in and with whom he sleeps?
YOhio is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2007, 09:11 PM   #2
FMCoug

FMCoug

Quote:
Originally Posted by YOhio View Post
This makes me uncomfortable to see what kind of power the state is wielding on this issue. Should they place conditions on his parole that monitor which house he sleeps in and with whom he sleeps?
I tend to agree. This case should be about welfare fraud, period.
FMCoug is offline   Reply With Quote