cougarguard.com — unofficial BYU Cougars / LDS sports, football, basketball forum and message board  

Go Back   cougarguard.com — unofficial BYU Cougars / LDS sports, football, basketball forum and message board > non-Sports > Current Events
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 10-26-2006, 05:05 AM   #1
MikeWaters
Demiurge

MikeWaters is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Rush Limbaugh is a buffoon

So now he has accused Michael J. Fox of faking his Parkinson's related dyskinesia. Saying he exaggerated the movements.

There's even footage of Rush mocking Fox, by mimicing the movements.

Man does that guy carry the GOP's water. It's funny how these morally suspect men, Rush Limbaugh and Bill O'Reilly, are basically the media face of the GOP.

And yet there continue to be men who sit and listen to Rush talk about his golf game and the latest NFL game. As if they are just fantasizing about Rush giving them a lap dance. It's beyond pathetic.

http://news.monstersandcritics.com/n...J._Fox_a_faker

Here's one of Fox's ads. BTW, the dyskinesia is not the result of not taking medicine. It's the result of the medicine itself. Without the medicine he would look like a zombie. He would barely be able to move. Although the movements look terribly uncomfortable, patients will tell you that it is infinitely more comfortable to be gyrating as the result of these meds, than to feel trapped and immobilized inside your own body.

MikeWaters is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2006, 05:12 AM   #2
Cali Coug

Cali Coug has a little shameless behaviour in the past

Quote:
Originally Posted by MikeWaters View Post
So now he has accused Michael J. Fox of faking his Parkinson's related dyskinesia. Saying he exaggerated the movements.

There's even footage of Rush mocking Fox, by mimicing the movements.

Man does that guy carry the GOP's water. It's funny how these morally suspect men, Rush Limbaugh and Bill O'Reilly, are basically the media face of the GOP.

And yet there continue to be men who sit and listen to Rush talk about his golf game and the latest NFL game. As if they are just fantasizing about Rush giving them a lap dance. It's beyond pathetic.

http://news.monstersandcritics.com/n...J._Fox_a_faker

Here's one of Fox's ads. BTW, the dyskinesia is not the result of not taking medicine. It's the result of the medicine itself. Without the medicine he would look like a zombie. He would barely be able to move. Although the movements look terribly uncomfortable, patients will tell you that it is infinitely more comfortable to be gyrating as the result of these meds, than to feel trapped and immobilized inside your own body.

Rush's comments may just be an exaggeration to bring attention to the tragedy that is an addition to pain killers.

Last edited by Cali Coug; 10-26-2006 at 06:38 PM.
Cali Coug is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2006, 06:04 AM   #3
Detroitdad
Resident Jackass

Detroitdad is an unknown quantity at this point

At least Rush found a way to get in the news. Am I wrong or is his wave cresting? Or did it crest awhile back?
Detroitdad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2006, 06:29 PM   #4
Frank Ryan
Formerly Mastershake

Frank Ryan is on a distinguished road
Default People who like and adore

Rush aren't conservatives, they are pricks.

The man is evil.
Frank Ryan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2006, 07:11 PM   #5
SteelBlue

SteelBlue is an unknown quantity at this point

Can someone please explain to me why anyone is opposed to stem cell research anyway? These are donated zygotes that otherwise would be frozen and never used. How is being frozen a better fate than being used for research?
SteelBlue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2006, 07:56 PM   #6
Venkman

Venkman is on a distinguished road

I like Rush. although I don't adore him. I generally agree with his opinions, and I find him entertaining. I heard his piece of MJF, and it didn't come across on the radio the way it's portrayed by the media. At least not to me.

But I'm just a prick, so what do I know.
Venkman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2006, 08:04 PM   #7
RockyBalboa

RockyBalboa is an unknown quantity at this point
Send a message via MSN to RockyBalboa

Anyone ever been close to someone with Parkinson's?

I'm sure a few of you have. While I don't doubt that it's a hard row to hoe for MJF, and I think that Rush was out of line....I will say,,,with the older folk I've spent much time around afflicted with that disease...folk in their 60's and 70's.....I've NEVER seen any of them shake even remotely close as bad and he was on those commercials.

Was he acting it up more than he really does shake? I really don't know. Even if he was, so what. I don't think it's a big deal.
Old 10-26-2006, 08:05 PM   #8
Sleeping in EQ

Sleeping in EQ is an unknown quantity at this point

Quote:
Originally Posted by Detroitdad View Post
At least Rush found a way to get in the news. Am I wrong or is his wave cresting? Or did it crest awhile back?
The guy has definitely lost momentum. I'd venture to guess that political talk radio as a whole has lost some of its zip. I doubt audiences are growing and even conservatives seem to take the...umm...information...they get from those programs less seriously than they used to.
"Do not despise the words of prophets, but test everything; hold fast to what is good; " 1 Thess. 5:21 (NRSV)

We all trust our own unorthodoxies.
Sleeping in EQ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2006, 08:26 PM   #9
Detroitdad
Resident Jackass

Detroitdad is an unknown quantity at this point

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sleeping in EQ View Post
The guy has definitely lost momentum. I'd venture to guess that political talk radio as a whole has lost some of its zip. I doubt audiences are growing and even conservatives seem to take the...umm...information...they get from those programs less seriously than they used to.
I think that these programs started the ball rolling on the partisanship. Now that the partisan atmosphere is a poisonous as it is maybe they have served their purpose. They are showing some signs of decay.
Detroitdad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2006, 09:44 PM   #10
SteelBlue

SteelBlue is an unknown quantity at this point

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sleeping in EQ View Post
I'd venture to guess that political talk radio as a whole has lost some of its zip. I doubt audiences are growing and even conservatives seem to take the...umm...information...they get from those programs less seriously than they used to.
I have my doubts that you are correct on this one. I think it may be as popular as ever. Hannity is now the ratings king. OReilly and Rush still pull good ratings as far as I know. I've not seen any evidence that conservative talk radio is on the decline. Rush doesn't rule the ratings anymore, but I'd bet he still has a sizeable marketshare.
SteelBlue is offline   Reply With Quote