cougarguard.com — unofficial BYU Cougars / LDS sports, football, basketball forum and message board  

Go Back   cougarguard.com — unofficial BYU Cougars / LDS sports, football, basketball forum and message board > non-Sports > Current Events
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 12-16-2008, 05:53 AM   #1
Levin

Levin is on a distinguished road
Default Wolf Carnage, Landpoke's Wet Dream

http://deseretnews.com/article/1,514...00000000008556

The logic of killing nearly 20% of the entire population of an endangered species in one year b/c a few worthless dung-layers became dinner for the wolves -- it escapes me.

Landpoke, upon reading this article, surely took a bath in the wolf blood he stores in the garage refigerator. After taking the bath, he allowed the wolf blood to dry and encrust his body as he imagined with delight the recent wolf slaughter. His blood-suit became cracked, however, after the carnage left him slightly aroused.
"Now I say that I know the meaning of my life: 'To live for God, for my soul.' And this meaning, in spite of its clearness, is mysterious and marvelous. Such is the meaning of all existence." Levin, Anna Karenina, Part 8, Chapter 12
Levin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2008, 11:14 AM   #2
myboynoah

myboynoah is an unknown quantity at this point

Interesting article:

http://vault.sportsillustrated.cnn.c...8866/index.htm

Religion rises inevitably from our apprehension of our own death. To give meaning to meaninglessness is the endless quest of all religion. When death becomes the center of our consciousness, then religion authentically begins. Of all religions that I know, the one that most vehemently and persuasively defies and denies the reality of death is the original Mormonism of the Prophet, Seer and Revelator, Joseph Smith.
myboynoah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2008, 01:16 PM   #3
Levin

Quote:
Originally Posted by myboynoah View Post
I can't stand the candy ass folks who don't understand the necessity of the cull. The answer is either more hunters, more predators, or regularly scheduled culls. Out here in DC the people can't bear the thought of killing a little deer-deer as these deer stalk their streets by day and eat their flowers by night, and crowd out the crowds in Rock Creek Park at all times. Candy ass liberals.
"Now I say that I know the meaning of my life: 'To live for God, for my soul.' And this meaning, in spite of its clearness, is mysterious and marvelous. Such is the meaning of all existence." Levin, Anna Karenina, Part 8, Chapter 12
Old 12-16-2008, 01:19 PM   #4
landpoke

landpoke is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Levin View Post
http://deseretnews.com/article/1,514...00000000008556

The logic of killing nearly 20% of the entire population of an endangered species in one year b/c a few worthless dung-layers became dinner for the wolves -- it escapes me.

Landpoke, upon reading this article, surely took a bath in the wolf blood he stores in the garage refigerator. After taking the bath, he allowed the wolf blood to dry and encrust his body as he imagined with delight the recent wolf slaughter. His blood-suit became cracked, however, after the carnage left him slightly aroused.
They are endangered only in a bureaucratic sense.
Old 12-16-2008, 01:23 PM   #5
Levin

Nature doesn't deal with bureaucracies. The land cries out for the return of the wolf. So there are wolves in Alaska, Canada, and Minnesota. Doesn't matter. The wolves belong in Yellowstone and surrounding areas. The land needs them. If the hunters won't do their job to thin the deer and elk populations, and nature won't as warmer winters are upon us, then the wolves will have to do our bloody dirty work for us. They don't shy away from rip roaringly tasty fresh meat, unlike so many of the Easterners lobbying for the wolves' return, those same folks would would march in the streets before they'd let a cull of the vermin deer here take place, march in the streets to save the wolf. Candy asses.

Last edited by Levin; 12-16-2008 at 01:26 PM.
Old 12-16-2008, 03:09 PM   #6
RockyBalboa

RockyBalboa is an unknown quantity at this point
Send a message via MSN to RockyBalboa

First you're posting about your desire to get Edward in a one on one situation and now you're posting about wet dreams.
Old 12-16-2008, 03:32 PM   #7
Levin

Quote:
Originally Posted by RockyBalboa View Post
First you're posting about your desire to get Edward in a one on one situation and now you're posting about wet dreams.
Nice try? I guess?
Old 12-16-2008, 08:57 PM   #8
landpoke

Quote:
Originally Posted by Levin View Post
Nature doesn't deal with bureaucracies. The land cries out for the return of the wolf. So there are wolves in Alaska, Canada, and Minnesota. Doesn't matter. The wolves belong in Yellowstone and surrounding areas. The land needs them. If the hunters won't do their job to thin the deer and elk populations, and nature won't as warmer winters are upon us, then the wolves will have to do our bloody dirty work for us. They don't shy away from rip roaringly tasty fresh meat, unlike so many of the Easterners lobbying for the wolves' return, those same folks would would march in the streets before they'd let a cull of the vermin deer here take place, march in the streets to save the wolf. Candy asses.
My point is the wolves were already in the area when the government reintroduced them. Something that was deliberately covered up as it would have made reintroduction legally impossible.

And I agree, people need to get out and do some more killing.
Old 12-16-2008, 09:05 PM   #9
MikeWaters
Demiurge

MikeWaters is an unknown quantity at this point

Landpoke, I'm ok if you kill a wolf that has killed a livestock, and it is legal for you to kill based on current regulations.

As long as you eat it.
MikeWaters is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2008, 02:16 PM   #10
landpoke

Quote:
Originally Posted by MikeWaters View Post
Landpoke, I'm ok if you kill a wolf that has killed a livestock, and it is legal for you to kill based on current regulations.

As long as you eat it.
What if I wear it's skin and feed the carcass to my dogs? Would that place me on your supposed moral high ground?