cougarguard.com — unofficial BYU Cougars / LDS sports, football, basketball forum and message board  

Go Back   cougarguard.com — unofficial BYU Cougars / LDS sports, football, basketball forum and message board > non-Sports > Current Events
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 08-21-2007, 04:48 PM   #1
Borderline Divine

Borderline Divine
Default Cheney wants to attack Iran

according to this op-ed piece from the SL Trib.

http://www.sltrib.com/opinion/ci_6664768

Its frightening to me that the man can be so stupidly stubborn. Once again he raises the spectre of nukes and contends that the regime will be easily toppled and that we will be welcomed as liberators.

Somewhere, Donald Rumsfeld smiles.

Also Cheney contends that it must happen by direction of Bush, since no one who follows Bush into the White House will have the guts to do it.

What does that mean? Are they conceding that a Democrat will win the election or are they saying (gasp!) that no Republican would attack Iran either. In other words, no leader from either party would do this except Bush at Cheneys prodding.
Borderline Divine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2007, 04:57 PM   #2
il Padrino Ute
Board Pinhead

il Padrino Ute is an unknown quantity at this point

I think he's saying that Democrats and Republican candidates are wusses.

"This is now the joke that stupid people laugh at." - Christopher Hitchens on IQ jokes about GWB.
il Padrino Ute is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2007, 05:02 PM   #3
Tex

Tex is on a distinguished road

Does the columnist offer any evidence for the claims she's making? Anybody can say Cheney's pushing to invade Iran.
Tex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2007, 05:21 PM   #4
il Padrino Ute
Board Pinhead

il Padrino Ute is an unknown quantity at this point

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tex View Post
Does the columnist offer any evidence for the claims she's making? Anybody can say Cheney's pushing to invade Iran.
Tex, Tex, Tex....

Don't you know by now that those in the media - especially those who were too smart to vote for this administration - are so much more in better position to understand the evil mind of Bush and Cheney that we don't need them to provide actual proof? All we have to do is believe them. They know what they're talking about.

"This is now the joke that stupid people laugh at." - Christopher Hitchens on IQ jokes about GWB.
il Padrino Ute is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2007, 05:30 PM   #5
Borderline Divine

Borderline Divine
Default I wonder if I should forward this to Mindful Coug

You know, so she can get some flowers cut to pop into the gun barrells of our troops as they march past her house. She'll probably want to sew some American flaqs to hang from her windows and make sure there is a good stock of punch and cookies laid by for her liberators.
Old 08-21-2007, 05:36 PM   #6
Tex

Quote:
Originally Posted by Borderline Divine View Post
You know, so she can get some flowers cut to pop into the gun barrells of our troops as they march past her house. She'll probably want to sew some American flaqs to hang from her windows and make sure there is a good stock of punch and cookies laid by for her liberators.
You didn't happen to notice all the Dems saying that the military surge is showing positive results in that other thread, did you?
Old 08-21-2007, 05:43 PM   #7
Borderline Divine

Borderline Divine
Default Why yes Tex, I did notice

that you linked 2-3 articles from Dems stating that the surge was working. Hardly "all the Dems" as you stated. Does your point need exaggeration to be made?

So Tex, duly noted that you were able to find some articles by some democrats praising the surge. Great work on your part there.

I remain underwhelmed and unconvinced.
Old 08-21-2007, 05:48 PM   #8
Mindfulcoug

Mindfulcoug is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tex View Post
You didn't happen to notice all the Dems saying that the military surge is showing positive results in that other thread, did you?
what does emerging some encouraging hints in surge has to do with not attacking iran?
Iran is a permanent troublemaker for the united state interest and must be demolished..soon or late.
Old 08-21-2007, 05:53 PM   #9
Mindfulcoug

Mindfulcoug is on a distinguished road

Quote:
good idea ! i would rather hang BYU flag from our window.
Old 08-21-2007, 05:55 PM   #10
Tex

Quote:
that you linked 2-3 articles from Dems stating that the surge was working. Hardly "all the Dems" as you stated. Does your point need exaggeration to be made?
I meant that all the links were Dems, not that the Dems are universally in agreement.

Quote:
So Tex, duly noted that you were able to find some articles by some democrats praising the surge. Great work on your part there.

I remain underwhelmed and unconvinced.
Of course you do. You can't bear the thought of success there, if it means Bush possibly being right.