cougarguard.com — unofficial BYU Cougars / LDS sports, football, basketball forum and message board  

Go Back   cougarguard.com — unofficial BYU Cougars / LDS sports, football, basketball forum and message board > non-Sports > Current Events
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 08-07-2007, 04:17 PM   #1
MikeWaters
Demiurge

MikeWaters is an unknown quantity at this point
Default This mine owner is a piece of work

I don't think it's very tasteful to rail against global warming measures in the middle of a rescue effort.

He should let the hired hands do the talking.

http://www.breitbart.tv/html/4032.html
MikeWaters is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2007, 08:32 PM   #2
YOhio
AKA SeattleNewt

YOhio is an unknown quantity at this point

He's not well respected in the mining community, both in Ohio (he's a native Ohioan and still runs operations here) and Utah. I know people who have worked with him and are not impressed.
YOhio is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2007, 08:44 PM   #3
Tex

Tex is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by MikeWaters View Post
I don't think it's very tasteful to rail against global warming measures in the middle of a rescue effort.

He should let the hired hands do the talking.

http://www.breitbart.tv/html/4032.html
No big deal. Before too long the national media will start blaming Bush and his global warming comments will be forgotten.
Tex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2007, 02:55 AM   #4
SeattleUte

SeattleUte has a little shameless behaviour in the past

Murray (the mine owner) is an unmitigated pig. I heard him tonight on NPR on the way home and was aghast. I couldn't believe my ears. They played footage of his rant at the media for a long time, just because he's such a boorish pig it's hard to believe. First they talked to the softly weeping families--the wives, etc.--who humbly said they were just trying to stay optimistic and pray for the survival of their loved ones. Then they cut to this self-pitying pig hollering about media witch hunts, the cave-in being "an act of God," global warming, being proud of his disgraceful safety record, etc. He was literally screaming. It's clear he doesn't give a crap about the miners or their families. Not once did he express pity or remorse or humility.

Susequently, NPR had a seismic expert on who said none of the experts believe an earthquake caused it. He said only one seismic movement was recorded, which could only have been the cave in.

This guy Murray is a waste of oxygen to all of us. He's an embarrassment to anyone with a nexus to Utah.

—Paul Auster
SeattleUte is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2007, 03:07 AM   #5
YOhio
AKA SeattleNewt

YOhio is an unknown quantity at this point

Quote:
Originally Posted by SeattleUte View Post
Murray (the mine owner) is an unmitigated pig. I heard him tonight on NPR on the way home and was aghast. I couldn't believe my ears. They played footage of his rant at the media for a long time, just because he's such a boorish pig it's hard to believe. First they talked to the softly weeping families--the wives, etc.--who humbly said they were just trying to stay optimistic and pray for the survival of their loved ones. Then they cut to this self-pitying pig hollering about media witch hunts, the cave-in being "an act of God," global warming, being proud of his disgraceful safety record, etc. He was literally screaming. It's clear he doesn't give a crap about the miners or their families. Not once did he express pity or remorse or humility.

Susequently, NPR had a seismic expert on who said none of the experts believe an earthquake caused it. He said only one seismic movement was recorded, which could only have been the cave in.

This guy Murray is a waste of oxygen to all of us. He's an embarrassment to anyone with a nexus to Utah.
Well said.
YOhio is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2007, 03:33 AM   #6
Colly Wolly

Colly Wolly is an unknown quantity at this point

Quote:

That makes two of you.
Colly Wolly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2007, 03:52 AM   #7
MikeWaters
Demiurge

MikeWaters is an unknown quantity at this point

Quote:
Originally Posted by Colly Wolly View Post
That makes two of you.
Come on let's be nice. That mine owner is not so bad.
MikeWaters is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2007, 03:57 AM   #8
SeattleUte

SeattleUte has a little shameless behaviour in the past

Quote:
Originally Posted by Colly Wolly View Post
That makes two of you.
Anyone who gets the Cougarboard death penalty is probably not a good person. It's been established you're one of the bad people here just based on how you treat the women.

Reagan was not a communist. Kindly remove that communist background you red piece of dung.

—Paul Auster
SeattleUte is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2007, 04:01 AM   #9
Colly Wolly

Colly Wolly is an unknown quantity at this point

Quote:
Anyone who gets the Cougarboard death penalty is probably not a good person. It's been established you're one of the bad people here just based on how you treat the women.

Reagan was not a communist. Kindly remove that communist background you red piece of dung.
LOL. Good stuff. I take it your lumping yourself with "the women"?
Colly Wolly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2007, 04:07 AM   #10
Jeff Lebowski
Charon

Jeff Lebowski is on a distinguished road

I know a couple of coal miners. I have been searching all night for a list of the missing miners' names and can't fine one. If any of you see a list, please let me know.