cougarguard.com — unofficial BYU Cougars / LDS sports, football, basketball forum and message board  

Go Back   cougarguard.com — unofficial BYU Cougars / LDS sports, football, basketball forum and message board > non-Sports > Art/Movies/Media/Music/Books
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 03-26-2008, 01:22 AM   #11
creekster

creekster is an unknown quantity at this point

Quote:
Originally Posted by PaloAltoCougar View Post
So, whenever you're ready, we can have a CG field trip and I'll take you on a tour of a lifetime. Until then, we can meet at my house and watch the movie while we brush each other's hair.
If we can pick nits, you're on.
Old 03-26-2008, 01:35 AM   #12
ute4ever
I must not tell lies

ute4ever is an unknown quantity at this point

I prefer Audrey Hepburn over Julie Andrews.
ute4ever is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2008, 01:55 AM   #13
myboynoah

myboynoah is an unknown quantity at this point

Quote:
I have a GREAT idea. First, be aware that my last mission residence was a three-minute walk from the Von Trapp house in the film (the front part, that is; the back with the lake is a different house in the same general area). I know every film location very well, including the Abbey, the church where they got married, every locale for "I have confidence" and "Do Re Mi", and the "I am sixteen going on seventeen" gazebo. I've returned multiple times since my mission and have taken several friends on Sound of Music tours.

So, whenever you're ready, we can have a CG field trip and I'll take you on a tour of a lifetime. Until then, we can meet at my house and watch the movie while we brush each other's hair.
Can we dress in our PJs and have tickle fights too?

Religion rises inevitably from our apprehension of our own death. To give meaning to meaninglessness is the endless quest of all religion. When death becomes the center of our consciousness, then religion authentically begins. Of all religions that I know, the one that most vehemently and persuasively defies and denies the reality of death is the original Mormonism of the Prophet, Seer and Revelator, Joseph Smith.
myboynoah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2008, 01:57 AM   #14
BarbaraGordon

BarbaraGordon is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by myboynoah View Post
Can we dress in our PJs and have tickle fights too?
Aw. I was rather hoping you all'd be wearing the floral shortalls you make from the curtains!
BarbaraGordon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2008, 02:15 AM   #15
il Padrino Ute
Board Pinhead

il Padrino Ute is an unknown quantity at this point

Quote:
I have a GREAT idea. First, be aware that my last mission residence was a three-minute walk from the Von Trapp house in the film (the front part, that is; the back with the lake is a different house in the same general area). I know every film location very well, including the Abbey, the church where they got married, every locale for "I have confidence" and "Do Re Mi", and the "I am sixteen going on seventeen" gazebo. I've returned multiple times since my mission and have taken several friends on Sound of Music tours.

One other note, while I was on my mission a BYU Study Abroad group came through and sang Edelweiss, expecting the Salzburg branch to be deeply moved by the touching performance. Didn't happen, mainly because the song was written by Rodgers and Hammerstein. The Austrians had never heard the song before the movie came out, and they had long grown tired of Americans asking them to sing it.
I believe I can one-up you PAC.

While on my mission, I had my companion, Anziano Di Caro, take a picture of me standing on the bridge where George C. Scott shot the stubborn mule that was impeding his troops as the rolled toward Palermo.

If we want to expand the CG field trip, I'd be happy to take you folks there and if we're lucky, there will be a mule that we could shoot and toss over the bridge into the stream.

"This is now the joke that stupid people laugh at." - Christopher Hitchens on IQ jokes about GWB.
il Padrino Ute is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2008, 02:24 AM   #16
Runner Coug

Runner Coug is an unknown quantity at this point

Every Easter my Mom would make us kids sit there and watch The Sound of Music when they would show it on TV. I can't think of anything that she did to me that made me more mad. It's one family tradition I have not passed on.
Runner Coug is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2008, 02:33 AM   #17
BarbaraGordon

This thread reminds me of a great joke about the hounds of Munich. But that's another story.

It always creeped me out, the thought that the hills were alive. I found myself grateful that there's not a hill within 200 miles of my hometown. You never can be too careful when it comes to sentient landscape.
Old 03-26-2008, 02:44 AM   #18
YOhio
AKA SeattleNewt

YOhio is an unknown quantity at this point

Quote:
DEAL!!!!

At the end of the night, we can all sing So Long, Farewell as we retire to our separate, yes UteStar, separate!, quarters. I can't wait to give ole' Monkey Man a swift kick in the rear as he sings, "Adieu, Adieu, to you and you and yuh-oo."
YOhio is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2008, 02:45 AM   #19
YOhio
AKA SeattleNewt

YOhio is an unknown quantity at this point

Quote:
Originally Posted by BarbaraGordon View Post
This thread reminds me of a great joke about the hounds of Munich. But that's another story.

It always creeped me out, the thought that the hills were alive. I found myself grateful that there's not a hill within 200 miles of my hometown. You never can be too careful when it comes to sentient landscape.
Lemme guess...Oklahoma! is more your style?
YOhio is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2008, 03:06 AM   #20
BarbaraGordon

Quote:
Originally Posted by YOhio View Post
Lemme guess...Oklahoma! is more your style?
Am I that transparent?