cougarguard.com — unofficial BYU Cougars / LDS sports, football, basketball forum and message board  

Go Back   cougarguard.com — unofficial BYU Cougars / LDS sports, football, basketball forum and message board > non-Sports > Religion
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 04-13-2008, 02:59 PM   #11
exUte

exUte can only hope to improve
Default Here's the latest.........

Quote:
Originally Posted by TripletDaddy View Post
You are oversimplifying the issue.

The authorities served a valid warrant. So they show up at the compound and start asking questions...most likely to whomever "answers the door."

It becomes very obvious after a short while that there are 15 and 16 year old girls walking around....either pregnant or with already-born children.

Upon asking further questions, these girls (or their mothers) acknowledge that they are married.

What else are the authorities supposed to do? A 15 year old married girl with child is prima facie statutory rape. It doesnt take much detective work at that point.

I would guess if there were a Muslim compound somewhere that was practicing underage polygamy, then they would be similarly treated.

Is this treatment new? Isnt this the same thing that happened to Tom Greene and his wives? I thought he finally went to jail because he had married Linda Kunz (or whatever her name is) when she was a minor? There was definitely a CPS issue at first with that family.

http://www.deseretnews.com/article/1...270100,00.html

Why didn't they arrest Barlow? After all they had that call naming him specifically! Oh, perhaps a ruse to get the authorities to go in and raid an entire community.
exUte is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2008, 03:02 PM   #12
exUte

Default You equate the two?

Quote:
Originally Posted by UteStar View Post
I am just curious Ex...you have a lot of righteous anger of these peoples' rights being trampled, yet you have no problem with the US government running roughshod over Muslim and middle easterners rights here in the states with the Patriot Act. You seem pretty gung ho about arresting people and throwing them in jail and torturing them on little evidence...but with polygamists, don't mess with 'em?
Interesting. BTW, they water boarded three, yes 3 high level terrorists which saved American lives. Yeah, watch out for those polygs! They may kill us any minute. What a moronic comparison.

If there is abuse, I don't care if they are FLDS, LDS, Catholic........throw them in the slammer. The anon phone call with no corroborating evidence does not justify taking kids out of homes because of 'future possible' abuse. If that were the case, they should arrest every druggie mother out there. Agreed?
Old 04-13-2008, 04:25 PM   #13
TripletDaddy

TripletDaddy can only hope to improve

Quote:
Originally Posted by exUte View Post
http://www.deseretnews.com/article/1...270100,00.html

Why didn't they arrest Barlow? After all they had that call naming him specifically! Oh, perhaps a ruse to get the authorities to go in and raid an entire community.
Why didn't Texas police arrest a man located in Utah?

Do you not know anything?

"Everyone is against me. Everyone is fawning for 3D's attention and defending him." -- SeattleUte
TripletDaddy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2008, 04:30 PM   #14
TripletDaddy

TripletDaddy can only hope to improve

Quote:
Originally Posted by exUte View Post
Interesting. BTW, they water boarded three, yes 3 high level terrorists which saved American lives. Yeah, watch out for those polygs! They may kill us any minute. What a moronic comparison.

If there is abuse, I don't care if they are FLDS, LDS, Catholic........throw them in the slammer. The anon phone call with no corroborating evidence does not justify taking kids out of homes because of 'future possible' abuse. If that were the case, they should arrest every druggie mother out there. Agreed?
By corroborating evidence, do you mean pregnant 15 year old girls or 15 and 16 year old girls with children?

I think your first problem in analyzing this is that you apparently have very little actual understanding of Civil Procedure. Or Evidence. Or Criminal Procedure. Or really anything.

"Everyone is against me. Everyone is fawning for 3D's attention and defending him." -- SeattleUte
TripletDaddy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2008, 07:37 PM   #15
exUte

Default so you are saying they will eventually arrest

Quote:
Why didn't Texas police arrest a man located in Utah?

Do you not know anything?
him? Anyone, either Texas, Utah or AZ for the allegations the 16 year old made?

Let's see how much you know.
Old 04-13-2008, 07:39 PM   #16
exUte

Default Do you know squat

Quote:
By corroborating evidence, do you mean pregnant 15 year old girls or 15 and 16 year old girls with children?

I think your first problem in analyzing this is that you apparently have very little actual understanding of Civil Procedure. Or Evidence. Or Criminal Procedure. Or really anything.
about any legal procedure? They went in looking for the 16 year old. Then they start their search for what they really wanted. You see, that is ass backwards. There are laws in this country that the authorities need to follow. Can you pull someone over because you suspect they may have drugs/guns without evidence based on their religion, ethnicity, etc?
Old 04-14-2008, 01:04 AM   #17
exUte

Default So you favor this as well?

Quote:

Forced physical examinations on minors?

http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20080414/...EUPwyPzjpH2ocA

Not allowing children who have done nothing to leave?

Chirp, chirp, chirp!