cougarguard.com — unofficial BYU Cougars / LDS sports, football, basketball forum and message board  

Go Back   cougarguard.com — unofficial BYU Cougars / LDS sports, football, basketball forum and message board > SPORTS! > Other College Sports
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 02-05-2008, 05:01 PM   #61
BYU71

BYU71 is an unknown quantity at this point

There seems to be some evidence now from media types that this thing is going to be resolved and the kid back in school.

You are a mullah if somehow you think the ecclesiastical folks are getting overrun if that happens and a much stronger stand has to be taken by the "true mormons" or this church is going to become like all the others, run by the general membership.
BYU71 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2008, 06:58 PM   #62
SteelBlue

SteelBlue is an unknown quantity at this point

Quote:
Originally Posted by Judge Smails View Post

but if I may be so brash as to speculate, let me make a hypothesis:

Said baseballer (we have baseball at BYU??) sticks his dick where it doesn't belong (or where it does belong depending upon your point of view). Baseballer meets with Bishop. Bishop refuses to sign ecclesiastical endorsement.
Quote:
Show me where I said the kid fornicated and I'll gladly print a retraction.

Drama queen.
I can't wait until this kid is back in school at the end of the week. Dumb ass.
SteelBlue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2008, 07:39 PM   #63
Judge Smails

Judge Smails is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by SteelBlue View Post
I can't wait until this kid is back in school at the end of the week. Dumb ass.
To suppose that the eye with all its inimitable contrivances for adjusting the focus to different distances, for admitting different amounts of light, and for the correction of spherical and chromatic aberration, could have been formed by natural selection, seems, I freely confess, absurd in the highest degree.
Charles Darwin

Apparently Darwin didn't believe in evolution.

Nice job on taking something out of context. Way to conveniently leave out the several mentions I've made on this thread that I don't know what this kid did. I was VERY clear that was purely hypothesis.

Why don't you hold those who postulate that the Bishop is a jerk to the same standard. You could start with the jerk who said this regarding the original article:

It seems that's all there is to the story from that article.

Talk about jumping to conclusions. You think a Salt Lake Tribune article instigated by the family is the final word on the topic. Lame.

Likewise, I hope the kid is back in school at the end of the week.

Dumbass.
Old 02-05-2008, 07:41 PM   #64
Judge Smails

Quote:
Again, I don't know what transgression the kid committed. My story was purely hypothetical, but I'm guessing it was more than ditching out on Elder's Quorum. Color me skeptical.
I stand by this statement.
Old 02-05-2008, 07:53 PM   #65
Tex

Tex is on a distinguished road

Quote:
To suppose that the eye with all its inimitable contrivances for adjusting the focus to different distances, for admitting different amounts of light, and for the correction of spherical and chromatic aberration, could have been formed by natural selection, seems, I freely confess, absurd in the highest degree.
Charles Darwin

Apparently Darwin didn't believe in evolution.

Nice job on taking something out of context. Way to conveniently leave out the several mentions I've made on this thread that I don't know what this kid did. I was VERY clear that was purely hypothesis.

Why don't you hold those who postulate that the Bishop is a jerk to the same standard. You could start with the jerk who said this regarding the original article:

It seems that's all there is to the story from that article.

Talk about jumping to conclusions. You think a Salt Lake Tribune article instigated by the family is the final word on the topic. Lame.

Likewise, I hope the kid is back in school at the end of the week.

Dumbass.
If I had said what you said, I'd be trying to run away from it too.

- Cali Coug

"Oh dear, granny, what a long tail our puss has got."

- Brigham Young
Tex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2008, 08:01 PM   #66
Judge Smails

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tex View Post
If I had said what you said, I'd be trying to run away from it too.
Please tell me what I'm running away from. I stand by all my statements in this thread.
Old 02-05-2008, 08:54 PM   #67
SteelBlue

SteelBlue is an unknown quantity at this point

Quote:

Really? Wow, we thought that you knew he had fornicated. Are you really this dense Smails? The point is that you came on here, said that anyone who believes this is about church attendance is an idiot, and then threw out your hypothesis that it was related to sexual transgression. Now leave already, you're embarrassing yourself.
SteelBlue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2008, 09:44 PM   #68
Judge Smails

Quote:
Originally Posted by SteelBlue View Post
Really? Wow, we thought that you knew he had fornicated. Are you really this dense Smails? The point is that you came on here, said that anyone who believes this is about church attendance is an idiot, and then threw out your hypothesis that it was related to sexual transgression. Now leave already, you're embarrassing yourself.
How does your claim that I hypothesized it was related to sexual transgression jive with this quote from my original post:

"Again, I don't know what transgression the kid committed."

That's the original post. Not backtracking. Not spinning. That's the original post that raised your ire. I was merely suggesting there is probably a much more logical explanation for how this all went down than 60% attendance.

I find it ironic that you take the Trib article at face value, then try to manipulate the original text of my post.

I'm sorry I don't share your negativity towards BYU. I suppose if I did I would likewise buy the details of the Trib story hook, line, and sinker. Just one more reason to pile on the Y.
Old 02-05-2008, 09:49 PM   #69
Tex

Tex is on a distinguished road

Quote:
How does your claim that I hypothesized it was related to sexual transgression jive with this quote from my original post:

"Again, I don't know what transgression the kid committed."

That's the original post. Not backtracking. Not spinning. That's the original post that raised your ire. I was merely suggesting there is probably a much more logical explanation for how this all went down than 60% attendance.

I find it ironic that you take the Trib article at face value, then try to manipulate the original text of my post.

I'm sorry I don't share your negativity towards BYU. I suppose if I did I would likewise buy the details of the Trib story hook, line, and sinker. Just one more reason to pile on the Y.
I think the kid had relations with a horse. That's why he got kicked out.

Hey! Hey! Hey! It's just a hypothetical! Calm down! I didn't say it WAS a horse, it just MIGHT have been a horse!

You really are an idiot, Smails.

- Cali Coug

"Oh dear, granny, what a long tail our puss has got."

- Brigham Young
Tex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2008, 09:56 PM   #70
Judge Smails

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tex View Post
I think the kid had relations with a horse. That's why he got kicked out.

Hey! Hey! Hey! It's just a hypothetical! Calm down! I didn't say it WAS a horse, it just MIGHT have been a horse!

You really are an idiot, Smails.
Technically, I didn't say where he put his dick. I was thinking it was a horse's ass. You and Steel Blue read fornication into it.

How dare you judge that young man.

You can say all you want that I called the kid a fornicator. I know I didn't. I said he didn't get kicked out for missing church 5 times. Perhaps I could have used different language to illustrate my point (softened my hypothetical sin to protect your tender feelings), but I made the point and I stand by it.

Do you believe he had his EE pulled for missing church 5 times? Seriously?