cougarguard.com — unofficial BYU Cougars / LDS sports, football, basketball forum and message board  

Go Back   cougarguard.com — unofficial BYU Cougars / LDS sports, football, basketball forum and message board > SPORTS! > Football
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 07-24-2008, 03:28 AM   #31
Goatnapper'96
Recruiting Coordinator/Bosom Inspector

Goatnapper'96 is an unknown quantity at this point

Quote:
Originally Posted by jay santos View Post
goat, you're breaking my heart. you're not an 8, you're a 4.
Don't worry Jay I will still get you into the Class VI store at WooPoo U so you can purchase some fire water to drown your sorrows after Army beats BYU!

I am a solid 8....It was always a long drive from Jack Murphy back to Simi Valley and quite honestly there was no coming back against Ohio State in '82.
Old 07-24-2008, 03:28 AM   #32
SeattleUte

SeattleUte has a little shameless behaviour in the past

Is anyone like me? If the Utes are winning, I watch them. If they are losing, I don't. There's enough aggravation in life already.

As always, I'm honest.

—Paul Auster
SeattleUte is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2008, 03:31 AM   #33
jay santos

jay santos is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by OrangeUte View Post

i wear a ute shirt to work out and run in, and have a drum and feather shirt that i wear to games, and sometimes on the weekends.
This is the first time I've heard the phrase drum and feather outside of drumandfeather's username. Duh. Finally get what it means.
jay santos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2008, 03:32 AM   #34
Goatnapper'96
Recruiting Coordinator/Bosom Inspector

Goatnapper'96 is an unknown quantity at this point

Quote:
Originally Posted by SeattleUte View Post
Is anyone like me? If the Utes are winning, I watch them. If they are losing, I don't. There's enough aggravation in life already.

As always, I'm honest.
Your lack of a grasp of college football long ago illuminated your passive interestl. You probably still think Whittingham is Mendenhall's equal.
Old 07-24-2008, 03:34 AM   #35
YOhio
AKA SeattleNewt

YOhio is an unknown quantity at this point

Quote:
Originally Posted by SeattleUte View Post

As always, I'm honest.
I won't be surprised if at some point I'll be like that, though I think you're underselling your emotional attachment.
YOhio is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2008, 03:35 AM   #36
YOhio
AKA SeattleNewt

Quote:
Originally Posted by jay santos View Post
I'm pretty bad.
I have always thought you, junkie, Sizzle and Rocky were the biggest fans on this site.
Old 07-24-2008, 03:37 AM   #37
YOhio
AKA SeattleNewt

Quote:
Originally Posted by Surfah View Post
I used to have all of Jennerstein's vids on my computer.
Jennerstein, Garn, Husker, Furious Monkey and others have put together some great vids.
Old 07-24-2008, 03:39 AM   #38
TripletDaddy

TripletDaddy can only hope to improve

Quote:
Originally Posted by Goatnapper'96 View Post
I am probably an 8.

I go to about 1-2 games a year. I will make an effort to watch or track the other games. But I wouldn't go so far as to claim it is a must that I plan my day around but if I can watch I will.

I own some BYU gear that I wear. Golfing or jogging and of course to the games.

I know the depth chart pretty well and follow recruiting to some extent. A big part of that is just a bigger interest in how Mendenhall is building a program.

I like basketball almost as much as football and occasionally pay attention to the other sports.

I would root for Army, and will in 2010 and 2011, to beat the HELL OUT OF BYU! But I follow BYU sports more than Army probably due to proximity and other similar interests with BYU fans.

I am bit of a college football junkie. I follow the season and really have an interest in the art/science of running a college football program. I am obviously intrigued by Mendenhall and really like to analyze what I think he is trying to accomplish.

I am a bit disapointed when BYU loses but must admit I can find humor in the meltdowns it causes others.

If not for finding the internet I would probably like Utah. I bought a Utah hat in the late 90's because I loved Majerus so much. Then I found Utefans and Cougarboard and learned how bitter the rivalry was. I like to taunt those who let winning/losing get to them so much and right now Utes provide a more target rich environment.

I only taped games to send them to my dad when he was on a mission. If I have nothing else to do I watch some of the classic games on BYUTV. I do like the highlight videos to music though.

I will leave a game early for circumstances I deem worth it.
Based on this shocking description, if you are an 8, I am a 12 or 13.

"Everyone is against me. Everyone is fawning for 3D's attention and defending him." -- SeattleUte
TripletDaddy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2008, 03:49 AM   #39
SeattleUte

SeattleUte has a little shameless behaviour in the past

Clearly DDD is ashamed to wear his BYU stuff out in the real world.

—Paul Auster
SeattleUte is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2008, 03:51 AM   #40
TripletDaddy

TripletDaddy can only hope to improve

So far, Jay freaking Santos is the biggest fan on this site. He rocks the gear, follows/attends football AND basketball, and even sandbags it in front of friends out of shame for his addiction. I tip my BYU hat to you (incidentally, it was made by Zephyr...dude makes nice caps).

SeattleUte has been the most honest.

mikewaters had the snappiest post (and a pretty valid point).

I think I make it to the most games each season (8-10 games or more...and every one is an away game for me....none of this pansy 20 minute drive stuff).

Goatnapper is the biggest imposter. Seriously, who here was not at least a little surprised by his admissions? If he spent half as much time liking BYU as he does hating TOHS, he would bump his rating up to about a 5 or 6.

"Everyone is against me. Everyone is fawning for 3D's attention and defending him." -- SeattleUte
TripletDaddy is offline   Reply With Quote