cougarguard.com — unofficial BYU Cougars / LDS sports, football, basketball forum and message board  

Go Back   cougarguard.com — unofficial BYU Cougars / LDS sports, football, basketball forum and message board > SPORTS! > Football
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 05-12-2008, 06:36 PM   #21
TripletDaddy

TripletDaddy can only hope to improve

Quote:
Originally Posted by Adam View Post
2. I would rather win or lose with good kids, then take marginal ones and score a few more touchdowns. Honestly, I'd take a third loss in both of the last two years to not have had to hear once about a BYU football player breaking down apartment doors or getting arrested etc.
Boo! Good kids suck.

I want to win games and play better teams. I can easily out-sarcasm fans of opposing teams when they bring up the bad behavior stuff.

I have no retort for our awful conference and losses against mediocre BCS teams.

"Everyone is against me. Everyone is fawning for 3D's attention and defending him." -- SeattleUte
TripletDaddy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2008, 06:38 PM   #22
BYU71

BYU71 is an unknown quantity at this point

Quote:
There are two positions here:

1. Take only kids you believe without reservation will stay honorable and legal and acedemic and take the results on the field as best you can.

or

2. Take marginal kids and plan on some of them some of the time being dishonorable and illegal and unadademic but hope they perform better on the field the the good kids would have.

I though Bronco had decided on the first choice and I though he was roundly praised for it. I think he has and I have praised him for it.

With two exceptions (that I know about): Tonga and Hooks. Both those guys are stupid and dangerous and trouble. They pose a serious threat to dragging their teammates into the gutter with them (like Hooks did with So'oto). They wouldn't be on my team. And I am disappointed Bronco let them stay. BYU football now pays the price with a lost scholarship for 2008. Let's hope Hooks stays out of trouble so we don't lose two.

This shows you are either pulling our legs or pretty dumb. I choose pulling our legs. To think that you would know ahead of time how 19 years olds entering college are going to act for the next 6 years shows a level of stupidity that can only be found in the religiously stupid.

In your other personna on here you play the other role. You probably have some pretty good intelligence, quit role playing. It is getting old.
BYU71 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2008, 06:39 PM   #23
TripletDaddy

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheSizzle36 View Post
He had a warrant out for his arrest for Parking Tickets! PARKING TICKETS! We let those types of hoodlums run around at BYU?

I wonder what happened... because you have to try (and by try I mean not try at all) to completely fail out of school.
I had unpaid parking tickets when I graduated from law school.

I thought I would simply go into the traffic office and refuse to pay them, citing the old "I'm outta here, so what are you going to do" defense.

The traffic office clerk was wise to my game and had prepared well. She said, "if you dont pay the tickets, the school will not issue your degree."

I paid the tickets.

"Everyone is against me. Everyone is fawning for 3D's attention and defending him." -- SeattleUte
Old 05-12-2008, 06:39 PM   #24
cougjunkie

cougjunkie is an unknown quantity at this point

Quote:
You don't know all the details. I'm sure I don't either, but I know enough to know Tonga sometimes was not a positive influence on other players off the field.
Adam I promise that I know more about the team than you do. Tonga is a returned missionary, he is married in the temple and speaking with people close to the team he is a positive influence, including helping Fui overcome some off the field problems he was dealing with.

Yes he was stupid for lying to a police officer, but he was getting married the next day, he had an expired registration and he knew it, so he panicked. It was dumb, things happen, he was not even charged with the false information he was charged with 3 minor traffic violations.

Also if it was not for Manase, no way would Matangi be even close to coming back, Manase helped him over come his off the field problems as well, he was the one that had Matangi turn himself in. Matangi would have never been caught if his brother had not convinced him to turn himself in.

We definitely dont want someone like that around the program.
Old 05-12-2008, 06:40 PM   #25
RockyBalboa

RockyBalboa is an unknown quantity at this point
Send a message via MSN to RockyBalboa

Quote:
You don't know all the details. I'm sure I don't either, but I know enough to know Tonga sometimes was not a positive influence on other players off the field.
Liar.
Old 05-12-2008, 06:42 PM   #26
BYU71

Quote:

Tonga was a very positive influence on my nephew. I don't know what has happened. I pray it isn't something serious in his life. I hope my nephew who will be hurt by this isn't around people like you when he hears about this.
Old 05-12-2008, 06:44 PM   #27
cougjunkie

Quote:
The others are being mentally lazy and you are fallen into their trap.

There are grades of standing here:

1. Being in good standing with God.
2. Being a member of the church in good standing.
3. Being a member of the church.
4. Being a student at BYU.
5. Being a student at BYU and on the football team.
6. Being a student at BYU and on the football team with a scholarship.

I don't want the criminals and those unable to maintain a C average in the PE major being in category number 6 above. If that makes me a Mullah, then I'll proudly wear that hat.
What if you are 1 through 6? Manase is a temple recommend holder, he is a returned missionary, and he was married in the temple.

Wayne Latu was a an honors student in highschool, he was a child prodigy pianist, had a 4.0 gpa his freshman year at BYU. Guess what he redshirted last year due to academic troubles. Things happen.
Old 05-12-2008, 06:44 PM   #28
BYU71

Quote:
The others are being mentally lazy and you are fallen into their trap.

I don't want the criminals and those unable to maintain a C average in the PE major being in category number 6 above. If that makes me a Mullah, then I'll proudly wear that hat.
I honestly do have an above average IQ and I have no idea what your point is here. What are these 6 criteria. The road to nirvana.

1 of your points is really important. The bottom 3 on a scale of 1-10 when it comes to life rates about a 3, maybe.
Old 05-12-2008, 06:46 PM   #29
cougjunkie

[quote=Adam;219833]

quote]

7. Being a fan of BYU
8. Being a fan of BYU that actually knows the players names
Old 05-12-2008, 06:50 PM   #30
TripletDaddy

[QUOTE=cougjunkie;219840]
Quote:

quote]

7. Being a fan of BYU
8. Being a fan of BYU that actually knows the players names
9. Being an original stadium donor, or relative of an original stadium donor
10. Being a Cougar Club member
11. Being a season ticket holder
12. Being in possession of one of those hard-to-get brown BYU caps that ushers wear at football games