cougarguard.com — unofficial BYU Cougars / LDS sports, football, basketball forum and message board  

Go Back   cougarguard.com — unofficial BYU Cougars / LDS sports, football, basketball forum and message board > SPORTS! > Football
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 02-25-2008, 03:09 AM   #61
TheSizzle36

TheSizzle36 is on a distinguished road

Based on our results in most of those games, one should hope that nobody watched them...
TheSizzle36 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2008, 04:08 PM   #62
CougarPride

CougarPride is on a distinguished road
Default MTN Deal

The MTN deal on DirecTV is important for a couple of reasons. It eliminates any further discussion of people not being able to get the games since anyone that wants to watch the games can subscribe to DirecTV and get the sports tier. Will it increase viewership above what was being obtained under the ESPN Gameplan? I think so since the only people watching BYU games are those that had paid for Gameplan. These same people will purchase the BYU games again and many other sports tier buyers may come across a BYU game while surfing.
CougarPride is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2008, 06:42 PM   #63
BlueK

BlueK is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by MikeWaters View Post
feel to it, it seems, among the fans.

I think my point of view, shared by many others, is sinking in. Just because you are on satellite, doesn't mean that anyone watches you. What percent of DTV subscribers have the sports pack?

The deal is still a disaster. Just less of a disaster than when it didn't have a satellite deal.
not really. The conference got no money from gameplan. ESPN got to pick those games for free. You ask how many people get the sportspack. It's more than get Gameplan. Not to mention that Gameplan's importance and influence is on the way out. Besides no MWC, Gameplan also doesn't have PAC 10, Big 10 or Big 12. It's only a mattter of time before the major conferences all have their own channels and Gameplan is stuck with showing ABC regional games only and the mid majors. Who will want it then?
BlueK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2008, 06:44 PM   #64
BlueK

Quote:
Originally Posted by TripletDaddy View Post
It is more an issue of our local homeowner association. They do not allow satellite dishes.

But to maintain my high roller cred, I am willing to hire you for a year or so to come down here and set up my new HD-DVR.
That's illegal. A homeowners association must allow you a small dish according to the last legislation passed governing satellite.
Old 02-26-2008, 06:45 PM   #65
BlueK

Quote:
Originally Posted by MikeWaters View Post
For the person who said he hopes we get a 10am CBS game.

LOL. I thought bad times were the reason we fled from ESPN. Can you imagine a game starting at 10am Eastern in Provo?
it would be 12 Eastern. 10 in Provo. And CBS coverage kicks the crap out of any ESPN coverage or time.