cougarguard.com — unofficial BYU Cougars / LDS sports, football, basketball forum and message board  

Go Back   cougarguard.com — unofficial BYU Cougars / LDS sports, football, basketball forum and message board > SPORTS! > Football
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 11-19-2007, 04:50 PM   #1
SeattleUte

SeattleUte has a little shameless behaviour in the past
Default What CG has taught me about The Rivalry

There are good, interesting people here. I enjoy their company. This has taught me that not all BYU fans are douche bags. Some are quite intelligent, interesting people and great conversationalists. I am including in this description those here whom I routinely give a hard time. Thus I no longer demonize all BYU fans. However, that this board is so sparsely poplulated while CB has continued to grow also confirms that the vast majority of BYU fans are douche bags. This has been pleasantly reaffirming.

—Paul Auster
SeattleUte is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2007, 04:55 PM   #2
Indy Coug

Indy Coug is an unknown quantity at this point

The fact that Ute fans are equally douchebags on Utefans.net, CB and CG has also supplied sufficient sample size to move out of the realm of over-generalization.
Indy Coug is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2007, 06:06 PM   #3
Goatnapper'96
Recruiting Coordinator/Bosom Inspector

Goatnapper'96 is an unknown quantity at this point

Quote:
Originally Posted by SeattleUte View Post
There are good, interesting people here. I enjoy their company. This has taught me that not all BYU fans are douche bags. Some are quite intelligent, interesting people and great conversationalists. I am including in this description those here whom I routinely give a hard time. Thus I no longer demonize all BYU fans. However, that this board is so sparsely poplulated while CB has continued to grow also confirms that the vast majority of BYU fans are douche bags. This has been pleasantly reaffirming.
Never forget that what really ruined Wayne Howard was the hypocrisy of BYU. As a head coach who recruited functionally illiterate athletes, probably ensured "tutoring programs" were well established to maintain their elgibility and gave sales pitches to recruits that probably included an unlikely, albeit still possible, focus on "best case" scenarios. Deeply involved in the various issues that plagues any and all division one a college football program - at least the ones seeking to be competitive, but what really got to Wayne's moral conscious was that Jim McMcahon chewed tobacco.

This concept is wholeheartedly accepted by the masses on Utefans. What exactly does that tell us about the Ute fan base?

"Rise and shout, the hypocrites are out!" This pathological need for hypocrisy in all things BYU comes to its ugly fruition when a BYU safety tears his ACL and some dumbass camera crew focusses on him while he is writhing in pain and the "rise and shout the hypocrites are out" Ute fan posts that Quinn demonstrated his hypocrisy by screaming "oh my God."

If one wants to follow a team where the majority of the fans are not douchebags, one is either not a Ute fan or not a real good judge of douchebaggedness. Same can be said for BYU. So shall we all just agree that we are not really offended by douchebaggedness or we would not be either BYU or Utah fans?

Last edited by Goatnapper'96; 11-19-2007 at 06:12 PM.
Goatnapper'96 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2007, 06:13 PM   #4
YOhio
AKA SeattleNewt

YOhio is an unknown quantity at this point

Quote:
Originally Posted by SeattleUte View Post
I'm trying to figure out how using a real term for a feminine hygeine product as a perjorative is acceptable amongst educated people. Pretty GD sexist.
YOhio is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2007, 06:16 PM   #5
Goatnapper'96

Quote:
Originally Posted by YOhio View Post
I'm trying to figure out how using a real term for a feminine hygeine product as a perjorative is acceptable amongst educated people. Pretty GD sexist.
What are you, a vagina?

Dammit you are from Carbon County son, act like it!
Old 11-19-2007, 06:18 PM   #6
YOhio
AKA SeattleNewt

Quote:
Originally Posted by Goatnapper'96 View Post
What are you, a vagina?

You have much to learn about trolling Seattle Ute.

BTW, Jimmy Mac dipped, he didn't chew. A distinction lost on Simi Valley natives.
Old 11-19-2007, 06:21 PM   #7
Goatnapper'96

Quote:
You have much to learn about trolling Seattle Ute.

BTW, Jimmy Mac dipped, he didn't chew. A distinction lost on Simi Valley natives.
This sir is a salient point, similar to Seattle I once swallowed and learned that section 89 and its present interpretation was far more pleasant with respect to dipping.
Old 11-19-2007, 06:27 PM   #8
YOhio
AKA SeattleNewt

Quote:
This sir is a salient point, similar to Seattle I once swallowed and learned that section 89 and its present interpretation was far more pleasant with respect to dipping.
A belly full of tobacco spit is indeed unpleasant. It's always amazed me at how ballplayers can hit, run and catch at full speed without swallowing. I do remember a certain HS classmate who would stuff a pinch in the back of his mouth and wash down the spit with a Big Gulp. He would keep it in all through civics class and never get caught.
Old 11-19-2007, 06:28 PM   #9
SeattleUte

SeattleUte has a little shameless behaviour in the past

Quote:
There is an exemption for such terms as applied to The Rivalry.

—Paul Auster
SeattleUte is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2007, 06:30 PM   #10
myboynoah

myboynoah is an unknown quantity at this point

Quote:
Quote:
What are you, a vagina?

Hey, don't interupt YO while he's doing a fine job of stripping SU of his erudite sophistication (wine with dinner, kid in elitist elem school, pulling it out). I'm curious as to whether or not SU has the permission of The Ute Nation to use its tribal moniker in his board personna.

We use the word douchebag (something I caught my 11-year-old doing yeseterday) because we make no pretense about who we are.

SU on the other hand . . . time to retreat to Catblue.

Religion rises inevitably from our apprehension of our own death. To give meaning to meaninglessness is the endless quest of all religion. When death becomes the center of our consciousness, then religion authentically begins. Of all religions that I know, the one that most vehemently and persuasively defies and denies the reality of death is the original Mormonism of the Prophet, Seer and Revelator, Joseph Smith.
myboynoah is offline   Reply With Quote