cougarguard.com — unofficial BYU Cougars / LDS sports, football, basketball forum and message board  

Go Back   cougarguard.com — unofficial BYU Cougars / LDS sports, football, basketball forum and message board > SPORTS! > Football
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

View Poll Results: Are we seeing Charlie Weiss phenomenon at BYU?
Yes 5 13.89%
No 18 50.00%
I don't know; maybe; too early to tell 13 36.11%
Voters: 36. You may not vote on this poll

Old 09-17-2007, 10:14 PM   #11
Indy Coug

Indy Coug is an unknown quantity at this point

Quote:
Originally Posted by MikeWaters View Post
beating a better team with sheer hook, crook, desire and gumption.
Outside of Miami 1990, what game during the LaVell era qualifies under this description?
Indy Coug is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2007, 10:33 PM   #12
Indy Coug

Indy Coug is an unknown quantity at this point

2006 was one of the 4 or 5 best BYU teams ever. Do we really only give a coach two consecutive losses after that before engaging in a nonsensical thread like this?
Indy Coug is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2007, 10:37 PM   #13
tooblue

tooblue is an unknown quantity at this point

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cali Coug View Post
I can't believe we are even having this discussion. Talk to me after Bronco loses 5 more games. Then you may have a comparison.

BYU was very competitive against Tulsa and UCLA. The losses were both due to stupidity on the part of the players. Contrast that with ND's losses this year. They never had a chance, have yet to score a single offensive touchdown, and look like garbage.

If BYU won Saturday, we would all be talking about the BCS. As is, the BCS is no longer a realistic shot, but a conference championship and Vegas Bowl title still are well within reach.
Agreed. The discussion is rediculous!
tooblue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2007, 10:38 PM   #14
Goatnapper'96
Recruiting Coordinator/Bosom Inspector

Goatnapper'96 is an unknown quantity at this point

Quote:
Originally Posted by Indy Coug View Post
2006 was one of the 4 or 5 best BYU teams ever. Do we really only give a coach two consecutive losses after that before engaging in a nonsensical thread like this?
I must say Indy has come the full circle. Fine post sir, stay in Bronco's corner, he is worth your time and effort. If you ever wonder which BYU coaches are just inquire and I will let you know where to spend your resources. You are back in the circle of trust.

I will also add that since my faith was restored last year which gives me a positive perspective when BYU shits out an egg like saturday's contest, I have come to another conclusion. This fanbase needs some losses. With the internet and talk radio, can you imagine how unsufferable BYU could become if it had another run like it did from '79-'85?
Old 09-17-2007, 10:40 PM   #15
BYU71

BYU71 is an unknown quantity at this point

Quote:
Originally Posted by Indy Coug View Post
What is so nonsensical? A question was asked and people gave their opinions. I think right now I come down on the side of Bronco is a very good coach in the developing stage. I think Bronco mania, of which I get caught up in too, gets a little too carried away at this point.

The rest of the season will tell us a lot.
BYU71 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2007, 10:48 PM   #16
Goatnapper'96

Quote:
Originally Posted by BYU71 View Post
What is so nonsensical? A question was asked and people gave their opinions. I think right now I come down on the side of Bronco is a very good coach in the developing stage. I think Bronco mania, of which I get caught up in too, gets a little too carried away at this point.

The rest of the season will tell us a lot.
Oh come now, Utenation is presently similar to sailors at a Pearl Harbor brothel after a six month sea tour. SeattleUte is the foremost "minuteman" in the group. They are taking their shots, but alas their energy is expended after but a few thrusts. We, no different than the women of illrepute at said brothel, take their feeble thrusts while really getting no pleasure out of it. I don't even think we get paid.

I think Brother Neeleman and Veritas are already on the back veranda smoking cigarettes and dropping fireside jokes.
Old 09-17-2007, 10:49 PM   #17
SeattleUte

SeattleUte has a little shameless behaviour in the past

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cali Coug View Post
I can't believe we are even having this discussion. Talk to me after Bronco loses 5 more games. Then you may have a comparison.

BYU was very competitive against Tulsa and UCLA. The losses were both due to stupidity on the part of the players. Contrast that with ND's losses this year. They never had a chance, have yet to score a single offensive touchdown, and look like garbage.

If BYU won Saturday, we would all be talking about the BCS. As is, the BCS is no longer a realistic shot, but a conference championship and Vegas Bowl title still are well within reach.
Hey pal. You still holding out for BSC busting? HAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHHAHHAHAHHAHHAHAHAHHAH !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

—Paul Auster
SeattleUte is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2007, 10:52 PM   #18
BYU71

Quote:
Originally Posted by Goatnapper'96 View Post
Oh come now, Utenation is presently similar to sailors at a Pearl Harbor brothel after a six month sea tour. SeattleUte is the foremost "minuteman" in the group. They are taking their shots, but alas their energy is expended after but a few thrusts. We, no different than the women of illrepute at said brothel, take their feeble thrusts while really getting no pleasure out of it. I don't even think we get paid.

I think Brother Neeleman and Veritas are already on the back veranda smoking cigarettes and dropping fireside jokes.
Utenation??? I haven't even read anything Utenation is saying nor do I care. Just because a Ute may ask a question doesn't automatically make it nonsensical.
Old 09-17-2007, 10:53 PM   #19
Goatnapper'96

Quote:
Originally Posted by BYU71 View Post
Utenation??? I haven't even read anything Utenation is saying nor do I care. Just because a Ute may ask a question doesn't automatically make it nonsensical.
Yes it does. You are now talking nonsensical.
Old 09-17-2007, 10:56 PM   #20
BYU71

Quote:
Originally Posted by Goatnapper'96 View Post
Yes it does. You are now talking nonsensical.
You are suffering from stockholm syndrom. The "true blue? crowd has succesfully captured and brainwashed you. Next thing we will hear you backing Indy's 2002 -2004 Crowton is a good coach mantra.