cougarguard.com — unofficial BYU Cougars / LDS sports, football, basketball forum and message board  

Go Back   cougarguard.com — unofficial BYU Cougars / LDS sports, football, basketball forum and message board > SPORTS! > Football
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 08-13-2007, 07:24 PM   #11
The Borg

The Borg is an unknown quantity at this point

Classic. She better be gorgeous and cool because that is serious high maintenance! ....hey wait...that sounds a lot like my wife!
Old 08-13-2007, 07:26 PM   #12
jay santos

jay santos is on a distinguished road

My wife stays out of football and respects it enough to let me be.

I apply the same kind of KWOOF principles to other buddies. When I watch games with buddies, they interupt me too much.

When I'm watching a road BYU game on TV, I don't play on the internet or answer the phone, and don't invite people over unless I know they're a fellow diehard.
jay santos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2007, 07:30 PM   #13
HuskyFreeNorthwest

HuskyFreeNorthwest is an unknown quantity at this point

Quote:
Originally Posted by RockyBalboa View Post
I'm all for the organization of K.W.O.O.F .....Keep Women Out Of Football
How about Keep Women Evacuated Everything Football.

KWEEF
HuskyFreeNorthwest is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2007, 10:25 PM   #14
TheSizzle36

TheSizzle36 is on a distinguished road

I love my wife; she is the one who insisted that we get season tickets. She knows that BYU football is an event that is important to me, and that we don't make plans on Saturday if it interferes with a BYU football game. On our honeymoon, she suggested that we watch some college football... and BYU wasn't even playing.

I don't have to explain the game to her. When we do have discussions, it is about what the triple option is and what reads the QB is making or things of that sort.

I have no problem with my wife attending games with me.
TheSizzle36 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2007, 11:34 PM   #15
RockyBalboa

RockyBalboa is an unknown quantity at this point
Send a message via MSN to RockyBalboa

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheSizzle36 View Post
I love my wife; she is the one who insisted that we get season tickets. She knows that BYU football is an event that is important to me, and that we don't make plans on Saturday if it interferes with a BYU football game. On our honeymoon, she suggested that we watch some college football... and BYU wasn't even playing.

I don't have to explain the game to her. When we do have discussions, it is about what the triple option is and what reads the QB is making or things of that sort.

I have no problem with my wife attending games with me.
If your wife was as cool as this girl was I would'nt have had a problem with it either.

Coincidentally....does your wife have a hot sister?
Old 08-13-2007, 11:42 PM   #16
FMCoug

FMCoug

I figure it makes a great filter. A chick I was dating at Ricks came down to Provo for the weekend with me to among other things, attend a game. It was the Penn State game in 93 (or thereabout) that was really cold and rainy. Anyway about halfway through the 4th quarter she wants to leave. I tell her I DON'T LEAVE EARLY and she gets pissed and ends up catching a ride back to her aunt's house (where we are staying) with someone else who wanted to leave. I stayed through the rest of the game and met up with her later. We broke up over it.

Good riddance.
FMCoug is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2007, 12:04 AM   #17
ute4ever
I must not tell lies

ute4ever is an unknown quantity at this point

Quote:
Originally Posted by HuskyFreeNorthwest View Post
How about Keep Women Evacuated Everything Football.

KWEEF
Does anyone else turn off SportsCenter when Linda Cohn is one of the anchors?

Same with the MLB playoffs on Fox when whats-her-name from San Francisco is calling the game?
ute4ever is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2007, 12:11 AM   #18
TheSizzle36

Quote:
Originally Posted by RockyBalboa View Post
If your wife was as cool as this girl was I would'nt have had a problem with it either.

Coincidentally....does your wife have a hot sister?
Don't you mean to reverse that? If this girl was as cool as my wife?

And no, my wife is an only child. Sorry.
Old 08-14-2007, 12:14 AM   #19
TheSizzle36

Quote:
Originally Posted by FMCoug View Post
I figure it makes a great filter. A chick I was dating at Ricks came down to Provo for the weekend with me to among other things, attend a game. It was the Penn State game in 93 (or thereabout) that was really cold and rainy. Anyway about halfway through the 4th quarter she wants to leave. I tell her I DON'T LEAVE EARLY and she gets pissed and ends up catching a ride back to her aunt's house (where we are staying) with someone else who wanted to leave. I stayed through the rest of the game and met up with her later. We broke up over it.

Good riddance.
I had a similar experience... I asked a girl, one of the hotter girls I ever took out, to go to a BYU game with me my first year home from my mission. I learned that dating + football does not make for the perfect environment. She was more interested in how annoying the ushers were than actually watching the game. While she was smokin' hot, I was pretty glad things ended up not going any further. I'm very happy with my wife... who is equally as hot, and actually understands and enjoys football.
Old 08-14-2007, 12:22 AM   #20
BigFatMeanie

BigFatMeanie is on a distinguished road

Mrs. Meanie goes to one or two games a year with me. I like her to go with me especially during the cold weather game because of the following reasons:

1. She keeps me warm
2. I can send her out for treats and I can still watch the game

She generally doesn't say much during the game. She'll usually ask me which player is the tight end. She gets a kick out of that name and likes to focus on the tight end's tight end.

I would take her to every home game but it's a pain to find someone to watch the kids (we can leave the kids alone for a few hours but not for the 8 hour time investment of a game which spans two meals).

When I'm watching a game at home then the above reasons don't apply. I get uptight watching the game on TV. For some reason I can sit and watch the Cougars lose in LES or in the MC but I can't watch it on TV. When I start getting uptight Mrs. Meanie says things like "it's just a game" which only serves to make me mad and so I usually just watch games on TV alone in my bedroom.
BigFatMeanie is offline   Reply With Quote