cougarguard.com — unofficial BYU Cougars / LDS sports, football, basketball forum and message board  

Go Back   cougarguard.com — unofficial BYU Cougars / LDS sports, football, basketball forum and message board > SPORTS! > Football
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 10-03-2008, 04:47 PM   #51
Flystripper

Flystripper is an unknown quantity at this point

Quote:
Originally Posted by RockyBalboa View Post
Moevao sucks and even he had a pretty good night against your secondary. blowout.
Moevao does not suck this year so far. He definitely sucked last year when he could not hit the side of a barn though. His accuracy has improved 10 fold this season. That being said Hall is much better than him and if he has as long as Moevao to make reads and throw the football the Utes will get blown out.
Flystripper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2008, 06:02 PM   #52
RockyBalboa

RockyBalboa is an unknown quantity at this point
Send a message via MSN to RockyBalboa

Quote:
Originally Posted by DrumNFeather View Post
If BYU goes up and beats an 11-0 or 10-1 Utah team in a runaway you can color me suprised. The last time that game ended in a blowout was 2004 and before then I can't remember when it was by more than a touchdown.

So, if BYU wins in a blowout it'll be the first time in a long time, but I wouldn't hold my breath for it given the recent history.
I will be surprised as well, but not if Utahs offense plays like that early on again, turning the ball over and giving BYU short fields. Against UNLV, AFA, Oregon State Utah's offense has turned the ball over early giving their opposition short fields to work with.

That should be a concern because while BYU's defense has shown they will give up yardage here and there, they have proven thus far to be ballhawks causing turnovers, and usually in quick succession. And before you know it,,,,the game is already over.

Then again BYU's offense played completely un-inspired last night as well, after they were already up 24-0 with 2 min left in the 1st quarter and having already caused 3 turnovers.
Old 10-04-2008, 06:25 PM   #53
mpfunk

mpfunk is an unknown quantity at this point
Send a message via MSN to mpfunk

Quote:
Originally Posted by ewth8tr View Post
If BJ plays like that against BYU, you will need a hell of a lot more than 11 in the final 2 minutes to come back to win it. Utah looked horrible tonight for the first 58 minutes.
Not if BYU plays the way they did against Utah St.
mpfunk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2008, 06:29 PM   #54
cougjunkie

cougjunkie is an unknown quantity at this point

Quote:
Originally Posted by mpfunk View Post
Not if BYU plays the way they did against Utah St.
True 5 sacks, 13 tackles for loss and 4 forced turnovers wouldnt be enough. I am guessing if BYU jumped on Utah 34-0 they would not let up like they did against USU.
Old 10-04-2008, 06:32 PM   #55
mpfunk

mpfunk is an unknown quantity at this point
Send a message via MSN to mpfunk

Quote:
Originally Posted by cougjunkie View Post
True 5 sacks, 13 tackles for loss and 4 forced turnovers wouldnt be enough. I am guessing if BYU jumped on Utah 34-0 they would not let up like they did against USU.
Utah didn't play well against Oregon St and BYU didn't play well against Utah St. Since 2005 there have been predictions each year of BYU blowouts that haven't happened. It will be a close game.

All I'm saying is that if you want to cherry pick one game to define a team, I'll cherry pick the Utah St game.
mpfunk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2008, 06:34 PM   #56
cougjunkie

Quote:
Originally Posted by mpfunk View Post
Utah didn't play well against Oregon St and BYU didn't play well against Utah St. Since 2005 there have been predictions each year of BYU blowouts that haven't happened. It will be a close game.

All I'm saying is that if you want to cherry pick one game to define a team, I'll cherry pick the Utah St game.

I agree with you that Utah vs BYU will not be a blowout. The only year it was a blowout was 2004, and if it wasnt for that punk ass Bo Nagahi it would have been at least somewhat respectable.
Old 10-04-2008, 10:06 PM   #57
il Padrino Ute
Board Pinhead

il Padrino Ute is an unknown quantity at this point

Quote:
Originally Posted by cougjunkie View Post
I agree with you that Utah vs BYU will not be a blowout. The only year it was a blowout was 2004, and if it wasnt for that punk ass Bo Nagahi it would have been at least somewhat respectable.
Bo is a punk ass?

I guess it's all perspective, eh?

"This is now the joke that stupid people laugh at." - Christopher Hitchens on IQ jokes about GWB.
il Padrino Ute is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2008, 11:04 PM   #58
cougjunkie

Quote:
Originally Posted by il Padrino Ute View Post
Bo is a punk ass?

I guess it's all perspective, eh?
Exactly. As a person I actually like Bo, as a Ute he ripped the heart of BYU fans out and stomped on it. We were moving the ball on a top 10 team, we had a legit chance to get within striking distance. Ball hits Curtis Brown in the hands the same time Nagahi closes on it, Bo rips it out and takes it the other way to the house

"Bo Nagahi" is a swear word in the cougjunkie household.
Old 10-09-2008, 02:18 PM   #59
Spaz

Spaz is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by DrumNFeather View Post
If BYU goes up and beats an 11-0 or 10-1 Utah team in a runaway you can color me suprised. The last time that game ended in a blowout was 2004 and before then I can't remember when it was by more than a touchdown.

So, if BYU wins in a blowout it'll be the first time in a long time, but I wouldn't hold my breath for it given the recent history.
1996: BYU won 37-17.

Yeah, it's been awhile. This Utah team is good, but:

*Utah's shown a propensity to turn the ball over.
*BYU's shown a propensity to force turnovers.
*Utah's shown the tendency to give up scores on short fields (this is a common thing - no disrespect intended).
*BYU's shown an ability to capitalize on short fields.
*Utah has shown inconsistency on Offense.

If these trends play out the same way in this year's BYU-Utah game, I could see a blowout.

"It doesn't mean that if we lose a game or when we lose a game people won't then jump on and say the quest is over. Because they will. But they've missed the point." -Bronco Mendenhall on "The Quest"
Spaz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2008, 02:24 PM   #60
Spaz

Spaz is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by SeattleUte View Post
Guys, let me know when you play a competitive team.
As my sig says, my lack of respect for you is certainly coming to a middle.

Let me know when Utah plays a competitive team. The fact that you're relying on TWO opponents BYU won't see (and don't even try to throw that Weber>UNI crap in here - they're BOTH D1AA teams), and the only wins of note either of those teams have is a win over a crappy Wisconsin team & USC's annual on-the-field toilet break isn't all that impressive.

Again, the ONLY teams Utah has played that BYU won't see is Michigan & Oregon State. Neither of those teams is very good.

"It doesn't mean that if we lose a game or when we lose a game people won't then jump on and say the quest is over. Because they will. But they've missed the point." -Bronco Mendenhall on "The Quest"
Spaz is offline   Reply With Quote