cougarguard.com — unofficial BYU Cougars / LDS sports, football, basketball forum and message board  

Go Back   cougarguard.com — unofficial BYU Cougars / LDS sports, football, basketball forum and message board > non-Sports > Politics
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 09-25-2008, 05:56 AM   #31
MikeWaters
Demiurge

MikeWaters is an unknown quantity at this point

Quote:
Originally Posted by SeattleUte View Post
What irony that you forgive Hamas and Hezbollah cold blooded murder of children, cart blanche, but harp against your own purported faith on MMM ad nauseum.
Link to my bestowing forgiveness?

Like one of those simple 19 year old missionaries, you. Can't see beyond the sheaves of grass to the landscape. You quote the first thing from your attack pamphlet, with indignation. You see us as the lazy and worldly, out to besmirch the pure and humble.

When I was young and foolish, I thought as you. Unfortunately for you, you are old and foolish, and if you haven't learned the lesson yet, I'm afraid you never will.
MikeWaters is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2008, 06:12 AM   #32
SeattleUte

SeattleUte has a little shameless behaviour in the past

Quote:
Originally Posted by MikeWaters View Post
Link to my bestowing forgiveness?
For example, you just did:

Quote:
Because the Palestinians have no negotiating power. They are at the table with 1 chip, and the other guy across the table has 1 million chips. The Palestinians keep losing their 1 chip in hands, and Israel hands them them the chip back and tries to take credit for their magnanimousness.

—Paul Auster
SeattleUte is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2008, 06:20 AM   #33
MikeWaters
Demiurge

Wow. Just wow. Bookmark this thread folks.

The fact that SU has taken the position of most of you on this board should give you pause.
Old 09-25-2008, 06:25 AM   #34
Jeff Lebowski
Charon

Jeff Lebowski is on a distinguished road

Quote:
"Stealing?" They won it in the Six Day War started by Palestinians and their allies, trying to destroy Israel. But Israel is willing to part with it in accordance with a peace agreement a la Camp David.
My goodness, are you really that obtuse? Do you not understand the difference between a military occupation and forcibly expelling people from their land to make way for settlements?

Do you consider the territory of Iraq to be US property now since we "won it" in the Iraq war? Ditto for Afghanistan? Are we ethically free now to plunder all of their natural resources, including their vast oil reserves?

Quote:
But Israel is willing to part with it in accordance with a peace agreement a la Camp David.
Yes, we can tell they are willing to part with it based on the ongoing construction of permanent settlements.
Old 09-25-2008, 06:55 AM   #35
SeattleUte

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jeff Lebowski View Post
Do you consider the territory of Iraq to be US property now since we "won it" in the Iraq war? Ditto for Afghanistan? Are we ethically free now to plunder all of their natural resources, including their vast oil reserves?
Your analogy is inapt. Neither Iraq or Afghanistan is contiguous with the U.S., nor threatens our very existence, nor has pledged to wipe us off the face of the earth.

—Paul Auster
Old 09-25-2008, 06:57 AM   #36
SeattleUte

Quote:
Wow. Just wow. Bookmark this thread folks.

The fact that SU has taken the position of most of you on this board should give you pause.
Most on the board agree with me here? LOL. You'd neve rknow it. Quiet as mice.

—Paul Auster
Old 09-25-2008, 04:30 PM   #37
SeattleUte

One thing I know is that Bill Clinton will never write a book applying the slur apartheid to Israel. He thought Camp David would be the crowning achievement of his presidency, a fair peace agreement seemed iminent. But the Palestinians kicked him in the teeth, walking away from a sweetheart deal with no coherent explanation, and then lying about why there was no agreement. It became clear that they didn't ever want an agreement of any sort. Their leaders want nothing short of the total annihilation of Israel.

I don't really think Jimmy Carter hates Jews. I think he's morally and intellectually addled.

—Paul Auster
Old 09-25-2008, 04:31 PM   #38
MikeWaters
Demiurge

Quote:
One thing I know is that Bill Clinton will never write a book applying the slur apartheid to Israel. He thought Camp David would be the crowning achievement of his presidency, a fair peace agreement seemed iminent. But the Palestinians kicked him in the teeth, walking away from a sweetheart deal with no coherent explanation, and then lying about why there was no agreement. It became clear that they didn't ever want an agreement of any sort. Their leaders want nothing short of the total annihilation of Israel.

I don't really think Jimmy Carter hates Jews. I think he's morally and intellectually addled.
The Palestinian leadership knew that they couldn't come back with crumbs and have the Palestinian people accept that.
Old 09-25-2008, 10:03 PM   #39
Mindfulcoug

Mindfulcoug is on a distinguished road

Quote:
But the Palestinians kicked him in the teeth, walking away from a sweetheart deal with no coherent explanation, and then lying about why there was no agreement. It became clear that they didn't ever want an agreement of any sort. Their leaders want nothing short of the total annihilation of Israel.
It would not be difficult to see why there is no peace progress in sight knowing the zionism doctorines.
You have got the Zionism’s chief prophet Theodor Herzl confided in his diary that he did not favor sharing Palestine with the natives. Better, he wrote in 1895:

Quote:
to spirit the penniless [Palestinian] population across the border by denying it any employment in our own country … Both the process of expropriation and the removal of the poor must be carried out discreetly and circumspectly.”
You have got Lord Balfour who was responsible for Balfour declaration in 1917 which promised Zionists a national home in Palestine.who said in a secret memorandom submitted to the British cabinet :

Quote:
For in Palestine we do not propose even to go through the form of consulting the wishes of the present inhabitants of the country [i.e., we do not accept the principle of self-determination for the Arabs of Palestine] … the four great powers are committed to Zionism. And Zionism, be it right or wrong, good or bad, is rooted in age-long traditions, in present needs, in future hopes, of far profounder import than the desires and prejudices of the 700,000 Arabs who now inhabit that ancient land …
And then you have got David Ben Gurion the leader of dominant Labor Zionist movement who said in October 1937:

Quote:
My assumption is that … a partial Jewish state is not an end but a beginning … and it will serve as a powerful lever in our historical efforts to redeem the whole of the country.
whose policies were inline with Hertzel's goals to prompt the twin principals of “Redemption of the Land” and “Hebrew Labor”, which took as their premise the idea that Jews needed to separate themselves from the native population by being entirely self-reliant in palestine Jews could both “cure” themselves of their tainted Diaspora natures and deprive the Palestinians of the opportunity to subsist in their own homeland.
This official policy apparently seemed not enough to make a pure ethnic state ,and made Israel leadership developed a plan for ethnic cleansing under cover of war. During the 1948 war the new state of Israel was emptied of at least 80 per cent of its indigenous population.

In physically expelling the Palestinian population, Ben Gurion responded to the political opportunities of the day and recalibrated the Labor Zionism of Herzl. In particular he achieved the goal of displacement desired by Herzl while also largely persuading the world through a campaign of propaganda that the exodus of the refugees was mostly voluntary. In one of the most enduring Zionist myths, convincingly rebutted by modern historians, we are still told that the refugees left because they were told to do so by the Arab leadership.

How possibly palestinians could reach to an agreement with such a ravenous and rapacious peace partner??

So as you may see the aforementioned article was not trying to indicate who started the six days war ,as if it were it was an easy task to,rather what has made an Apartheid regime out of zionists plans for having a jewish state.

Palestinians got to know why should their homeland become the solution for the Jewish tragedy in Europe? why should 57%percentage of Mandatory Palestine's land be allocated for the Jewish state with a percentage of approximately 37% of palestinian inhibitants?? of which they had own 7% when they were 11% back in 1922 under a USA backing plan? and guess what?? 78% percentage of the palestin land was bestowed to the jews after 1967 war.
Please read Truman and Israel

The incredible shrinkage of palestin would tell you why achieving a peace agreement has become such an illusion.

They assumed that the Palestinians will remain passive during their slow eradication. The historical evidence most certainly shows that they will not.

Enumerating the times you used the word "terrorist" for describing palestinians ,reminds me of this quote by Ehud Barak: Prime minister of Israel from 1999 – 2001 ""If I were a young Palestinian, it is possible I would join a terrorist organization".

Last edited by Mindfulcoug; 09-25-2008 at 10:06 PM.
Mindfulcoug is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2008, 02:04 AM   #40
Jeff Lebowski
Charon

Jeff Lebowski is on a distinguished road

Quote:
More lies, Pat. I am guessing you never bothered to investigate the details.

Bill Clinton doesn't have the integrity to be honest about the conflict.

Quote:
You commenting on his morals. That's rich.

Last edited by Jeff Lebowski; 09-26-2008 at 02:20 AM.
Jeff Lebowski is offline   Reply With Quote