cougarguard.com — unofficial BYU Cougars / LDS sports, football, basketball forum and message board  

Go Back   cougarguard.com — unofficial BYU Cougars / LDS sports, football, basketball forum and message board > SPORTS! > Basketball
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 03-21-2008, 07:18 AM   #1
Archaea
Assistant to the Regional Manager

Archaea is an unknown quantity at this point
Default I have no faith in Rose, he's terrible

at identifying non LDS talent and getting it to come to BYU. He can't get the guys to play defense, has no half court offense and doesn't get the team to discipline and to fight hard. If this team were Spartans, the men would have dropped the players off cliffs as deficient or else they would have died in the wild.

These are not cougars but pussies.
Old 03-21-2008, 02:25 PM   #2
Jeff Lebowski
Charon

Jeff Lebowski is on a distinguished road

Whoa there. Back away from that cliff buddy.
Old 03-21-2008, 02:43 PM   #3
YOhio
AKA SeattleNewt

YOhio is an unknown quantity at this point

http://blogs.sltrib.com/byu/2008/03/...nda-center.htm

Quote:
ANAHEIM, Calif. - Adding insult to the emotional pain, Texas A&M head coach Mark Turgeon pretty much threw the BYU coaching staff under the bus after A&M beat BYU 67-62 in the first round of the NCAA Tournament tonight.

If you read between the lines, Turgeon all but said his staff out-coached the BYU staff.

"We scouted the heck out of them. We've been working on these guys for three days. We did a great job of guarding them. They average 74. We held them to 62 points. I feel like we knew every one of their sets. I got a million of them, and we might not run them because it's just taken me so long to figure this team out. They might not know all our sets," Turgeon said.

Sending double teams to the post was something Turgeon figured BYU would do judging by its previous games against Louisville, Michigan State and North Carolina.

"We watch so much film, I can't even tell you. My assistant coaches did an unbelievable job," he said. "I think I watched about eight games myself, which is a lot for me. So I felt like we knew exactly what they were going to do."
YOhio is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2008, 02:48 PM   #4
K-dog

K-dog is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Archaea View Post
at identifying non LDS talent and getting it to come to BYU. He can't get the guys to play defense, has no half court offense and doesn't get the team to discipline and to fight hard. If this team were Spartans, the men would have dropped the players off cliffs as deficient or else they would have died in the wild.

These are not cougars but pussies.
I don't think anything you said is correct.

K-dog

P.S. Grrrrrrrrr
K-dog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2008, 02:50 PM   #5
SeattleUte

SeattleUte has a little shameless behaviour in the past

Quote:
Originally Posted by YOhio View Post
You could tell in the early minutes which team was best prepared.

—Paul Auster
SeattleUte is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2008, 02:53 PM   #6
Spaz

Spaz is on a distinguished road

It's really pretty simple here. BYU has played great D all year long. We played pretty good D last night.

Simply put, we've been holding teams to 38% FG% all year, and A&M shot 54% on us. We hold them under 50% & we win. Hell - we shoot even close to our averages, we win.

Credit to A&M. They scored on every stretch posession, I believe.
Spaz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2008, 03:18 PM   #7
SoonerCoug
Formerly known as MudPhudCoug

SoonerCoug is on a distinguished road

Rose was a defensive idiot yesterday.

We were kicking butt in a man defense toward the end of the first half, and then he goes and switches to a piece of crap zone or box +1 where no one blocked out and the lane was always open.

I think he was worried about Plaisted being in foul trouble. But we were better when Plaisted + Tavernari were on the bench.

Other observations:

1) Tavernari shouldn't play more than 15 minutes a game.

2) Plaisted and Miles should have been on the court together against A&M.
SoonerCoug is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2008, 03:22 PM   #8
Spaz

Spaz is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by SoonerCoug View Post
Rose was a defensive idiot yesterday.

We were kicking butt in a man defense toward the end of the first half, and then he goes and switches to a piece of crap zone or box +1 where no one blocked out and the lane was always open.

I think he was worried about Plaisted being in foul trouble. But we were better when Plaisted + Tavernari were on the bench.

Other observations:

1) Tavernari shouldn't play more than 15 minutes a game.

2) Plaisted and Miles should have been on the court together against A&M.
Agreed about the defense. We should have stayed with the man D.

Disagree that we were better with Plaisted & Tav on the bench. Tav actually played pretty well, especially in the paint. Trent did a good job defensively, and was a monster on the boards in the 1st half.

Agree that Miles + Trent would have been an intriguing lineup. Carries the threat of getting both available big-men in foul trouble early, and it would have removed a shooter from the floor, but it could have helped vs. the penetration defensively.
Spaz is offline   Reply With Quote