cougarguard.com — unofficial BYU Cougars / LDS sports, football, basketball forum and message board  

Go Back   cougarguard.com — unofficial BYU Cougars / LDS sports, football, basketball forum and message board > non-Sports > Religion
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 08-26-2008, 02:34 PM   #21
MikeWaters
Demiurge

MikeWaters is an unknown quantity at this point

Quote:
Originally Posted by Indy Coug View Post
Are you saying that Utah members should be asked (assuming that spontaneous self-motivation doesn't already get them to pack a cooler full of kool-aid and PB&J sandwiches, hitch up the wagon and speed down I-15 or I-80) to go out to California, knock door to door and put a little Prop 8" in the Other section of their tithing slips?
still don't get it.

remember, it's the "coalition" that is doing this stuff, and the "coalition" that must be donated to.

I guess this is you admitting that you haven't donated.
MikeWaters is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2008, 03:00 PM   #22
PaloAltoCougar

PaloAltoCougar is an unknown quantity at this point

Quote:
Originally Posted by Indy Coug View Post
Are you saying that Utah members should be asked ... ?
No, I'm suggesting they already have been.
PaloAltoCougar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2008, 04:52 AM   #23
BlueHair

BlueHair is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by PaloAltoCougar View Post
No, I'm suggesting they already have been.
People can't drive 2 minutes to do their hometeaching, yet drive 700 miles to make sure the discrimination against a whole section of society continues. The hatred in the hearts of the saints is astounding. Hopefully, they all travel safely so we don't have to hear any stories of how they died heroes.
BlueHair is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2008, 04:55 AM   #24
FMCoug

FMCoug

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlueHair View Post
People can't drive 2 minutes to do their hometeaching, yet drive 700 miles to make sure the discrimination against a whole section of society continues. The hatred in the hearts of the saints is astounding. Hopefully, they all travel safely so we don't have to hear any stories of how they died heroes.
You people asbsolutely kill me. If you support Prop 8 there is "hatred in your heart". Just like libs who say if you don't think the government shoudl be giving handouts to the poor that means you "hate poor people".

Can you even conceive of the possibility that someone could have compassion for gays and their plight, yet still think them getting "married" is a bad idea?
Old 08-31-2008, 11:16 PM   #25
BlueHair

BlueHair is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by FMCoug View Post
You people asbsolutely kill me. If you support Prop 8 there is "hatred in your heart". Just like libs who say if you don't think the government shoudl be giving handouts to the poor that means you "hate poor people".

Can you even conceive of the possibility that someone could have compassion for gays and their plight, yet still think them getting "married" is a bad idea?
Thinking it is a bad idea and traveling 700 miles to campaign against people who don't live in your state, let alone your neighborhood, are two entirely different things. It would take a lot more passion that just thinking it was a bad idea to compel them to go to such extremes.

I am a "lib". A libertarian. Your poor people analogy doesn't fit. A better analogy would be that giving poor people handouts somehow cheapens the stuff you have. Your steak doesn't taste quite as good now that poor people are eating steak, too.
BlueHair is offline   Reply With Quote