cougarguard.com — unofficial BYU Cougars / LDS sports, football, basketball forum and message board  

Go Back   cougarguard.com — unofficial BYU Cougars / LDS sports, football, basketball forum and message board > SPORTS! > Basketball

Old 04-09-2015, 11:13 PM   #1
MikeWaters
Demiurge

MikeWaters is an unknown quantity at this point
Default My prediction for Tyler Haws

Is that he will not be drafted. That he will play in the NBA summer league. He'll score reasonably well, maybe even very well. But he won't make a roster.

Absolute best case scenario is that he is a late 2nd round draft pick, plays summer league, and makes a roster. But I just don't see it.

The problem being his defense and lack of a position. He should be a 2, but I just don't think he can guard 2s in the NBA. Like he would be destroyed. I hope I'm wrong. But that's how I see it.
MikeWaters is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2015, 02:01 AM   #2
Archaea
Assistant to the Regional Manager

Archaea is an unknown quantity at this point

Quote:
Originally Posted by MikeWaters View Post
Is that he will not be drafted. That he will play in the NBA summer league. He'll score reasonably well, maybe even very well. But he won't make a roster.

Absolute best case scenario is that he is a late 2nd round draft pick, plays summer league, and makes a roster. But I just don't see it.

The problem being his defense and lack of a position. He should be a 2, but I just don't think he can guard 2s in the NBA. Like he would be destroyed. I hope I'm wrong. But that's how I see it.
I bet he is Europe bound. He doesn't have enough of what it takes to make it in the NBA. As you point out, he cannot play defense and I believe Jimmer's failure in the league will hinder his ability to get a look.
Old 04-14-2015, 04:35 PM   #3
MikeWaters
Demiurge

When he played for the US team in Russia. I watched some of that. Frankly he looked out-athleted by a significant margin. And that was nowhere near NBA talent.
Old 04-14-2015, 04:36 PM   #4
MikeWaters
Demiurge

I think Haws is most comparable to Rip Hamilton, except half as quick, not as tall, and not able to play defense.