cougarguard.com — unofficial BYU Cougars / LDS sports, football, basketball forum and message board  

Go Back   cougarguard.com — unofficial BYU Cougars / LDS sports, football, basketball forum and message board > non-Sports > Art/Movies/Media/Music/Books

Old 02-10-2010, 01:13 PM   #11
MikeWaters
Demiurge

MikeWaters is an unknown quantity at this point

Episode last night was weak. Any episode that doesn't deal with Locke or Ben, is typically weak.
MikeWaters is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2010, 08:08 PM   #12
MikeWaters
Demiurge

For me, the show is suffering due to the lack of John Locke. He and Ben were the two best characters, and to not have John, that's like ripping out half the show. Evil Locke is just not the same.
Old 03-05-2010, 12:30 AM   #13
wuapinmon

wuapinmon is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by MikeWaters View Post
For me, the show is suffering due to the lack of John Locke. He and Ben were the two best characters, and to not have John, that's like ripping out half the show. Evil Locke is just not the same.
I think Evil Locke is too matter-of-fact to be exciting, and there's too much important stuff (Like what he said to Sayid) happening off camera. I also am starting to think that the cave was his and not Jacob's.
wuapinmon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2010, 03:21 PM   #14
MikeWaters
Demiurge

Last night the episode was about Richard, and his history.

Much was revealed about the overall dynamics of the show--the overarching conflict. Stop reading if you do not want reveals.

Anyway, I'm a little bit perplexed about the religious turn of the show. Good vs. evil. God vs. Satan.

It's like they've told us something, but it doesn't all fit together. Not yet anyway. How does Dharma fit into this? What about Whitmore?

Sawyer, Kate, and Sayid--all with smoke monster--one notes, were all guilty of murder. Whereas the other members of the original flight who are with Richard were not (if I am not mistaken).

Locke believed in Jacob more than anyone else, and was a decent guy. It seems kind of unfair that the Locke character is gone, and that the smoke monster is in his body/visage. I want the real Locke back!!!!

How does Ben get to hang out with the "good guys" when he is guilty of killing Jacob? And Locke.

Well, we shall see.
Old 05-05-2010, 08:41 PM   #15
MikeWaters
Demiurge

My avatar was originally meant to signify John Locke. Who represented particular things that I liked. Instinctual, by the gut action among other things.

But now with the way the show has gone, it has come to be a bit more sinister now that smokey is possessing Locke's body.

For the record, I am the original Locke.
Old 05-05-2010, 09:40 PM   #16
Archaea
Assistant to the Regional Manager

Archaea is an unknown quantity at this point

Quote:
My avatar was originally meant to signify John Locke. Who represented particular things that I liked. Instinctual, by the gut action among other things.

But now with the way the show has gone, it has come to be a bit more sinister now that smokey is possessing Locke's body.

For the record, I am the original Locke.
Can we know for certain? Or is this just an illusion?
Old 05-11-2010, 06:37 PM   #17
RedHeadGal

RedHeadGal is on a distinguished road

So now that Lost is on its last legs, apparently ABC is going to help you Lost fans out, hoping to siphon you off to the newer show, V
http://www.thedailybeast.com/video/i...res-lost-and-v

Last edited by RedHeadGal; 05-11-2010 at 06:59 PM.
RedHeadGal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2010, 01:46 PM   #18
MikeWaters
Demiurge

It's all over. Makes me sad that there won't be anymore new LOST episodes to tune into.

I won't bother discussing the details of the finale in this post, but suffice it to say it was nice to finally have a show come to well-done end.

Seinfeld, for example, had a TERRIBLE finale.

Sopranos finale was a complete letdown as well.

The LOST finale did not answer all the questions, but enough to help us move on. It had action, suspense, and emotional moments.

To have sustained this kind of show, for so long, and to maintain it all the way to the end--pure genius. Bravo!
Old 05-24-2010, 11:37 PM   #19
MikeWaters
Demiurge

I would have liked to see some resolution between the boy Jacob and his brother who becomes smoke monster.

We never really understood what the smoke monster was. Was he just a pissed off version of Jacob's brother? Or some kind of evil spirit incarnation of the brother? Because it never seemed like the brother was all that terrible of a guy. At least for the LOST universe.
Old 07-01-2010, 05:13 AM   #20
wuapinmon

wuapinmon is on a distinguished road

Quote:
I would have liked to see some resolution between the boy Jacob and his brother who becomes smoke monster.

We never really understood what the smoke monster was. Was he just a pissed off version of Jacob's brother? Or some kind of evil spirit incarnation of the brother? Because it never seemed like the brother was all that terrible of a guy. At least for the LOST universe.
A month + after the end, I'm still disappointed by how many inconsistencies and unanswered questions there were.
wuapinmon is offline   Reply With Quote