cougarguard.com — unofficial BYU Cougars / LDS sports, football, basketball forum and message board  

Go Back   cougarguard.com — unofficial BYU Cougars / LDS sports, football, basketball forum and message board > non-Sports > Current Events

Old 06-20-2007, 05:00 PM   #31
JohnnyLingo

JohnnyLingo has a little shameless behaviour in the past

Quote:
Originally Posted by MikeWaters View Post
Don't forget JoLi Mormonism Ver 2.1.

It believes in genocide.
Uh, what?
JohnnyLingo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2007, 05:05 PM   #32
Mindfulcoug

Mindfulcoug is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Archaea View Post
We even allow insults and those things which are offensive, because God is tough enough to take it, so should we.

If we are not as tough as God in these matters of sensibilities, how can we be called his?
amazing..i would be grateful to be informed why we basically would insult God and his messengers ?
my shia upbringing tells me if you insult someone it means you are weak ..so are we that impotent to prove his existence ,so we would have to curse him?

i should confess here that i get angry with him sometimes and i shout at him ,but not insult so far.
Old 06-20-2007, 05:06 PM   #33
Mindfulcoug

Quote:
Originally Posted by JohnnyLingo View Post
Uh, what?
what a wonderful quote as signature
Old 06-20-2007, 05:08 PM   #34
Archaea
Assistant to the Regional Manager

Archaea is an unknown quantity at this point

Quote:
Originally Posted by mindfulcoug View Post
amazing..i would be grateful to be informed why we basically would insult God and his messengers ?
my shia upbringing tells me if you insult someone it means you are weak ..so are we that impotent to prove his existence ,so we would have to curse him?

i should confess here that i get angry with him sometimes and i shout at him ,but not insult so far.
I don't agree we SHOULD insult Him, but we should be patient enough with the sins of others as He is with our sins. Killing somebody for impudence is impatience and itself a sin. If God killed all the impudent there would be no people alive.
Old 06-20-2007, 05:10 PM   #35
Tex

Tex is on a distinguished road

Last night on the news, some were opining that this knighthood of Rushdie could spark more riots on the order of the Danish Mohammed cartoons last year.

Personally, I would love to see the Muslim world make another mockery of itself, and then watch the "tough street-wise journalists" of America cower in fear.

- Cali Coug

"Oh dear, granny, what a long tail our puss has got."

- Brigham Young
Tex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2007, 05:14 PM   #36
Mindfulcoug

Quote:
This one aspect of Islam makes intolerable for educated human beings, the desire and willingness to kill another human being over a book, where the person does not physically threaten you, your family or your livelihood.
do you believe in destroying someone's spirit? i mean its basically doesnt sound ridiculous to you to say ...you are no harm to my body but you completely murdered my spirit? i would ask the next question after receing your answer.
Old 06-20-2007, 05:17 PM   #37
Mindfulcoug

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tex View Post
Last night on the news, some were opining that this knighthood of Rushdie could spark more riots on the order of the Danish Mohammed cartoons last year.

Personally, I would love to see the Muslim world make another mockery of itself, and then watch the "tough street-wise journalists" of America cower in fear.
yeah it would feed the media's hunger pretty well...and i hope this wouldnot coincidence with paris hilton releasing of jail.
Old 06-20-2007, 05:17 PM   #38
Archaea

Quote:
do you believe in destroying someone's spirit? i mean its basically doesnt sound ridiculous to you to say ...you are no harm to my body but you completely murdered my spirit? i would ask the next question after receing your answer.
I actually reject another person being a harm to my spirit. I am the guardian of my spirit and nobody harms lest I allow it.

It does sound ridiculous to say another person harms my spirit as a general statement. Now, in a husband and wife situation, where one is bound, it might be different. Once one is within one's spirit through the bonds of marriage, one can harm the spirit, but the spouse still allowed it.

No, I don't believe the words destroy another's spirit. Poppycock I say. Unless it is also accompanied by physical action such as incarceration and/or torture.
Old 06-20-2007, 05:22 PM   #39
Mindfulcoug

Quote:
I don't agree we SHOULD insult Him, but we should be patient enough with the sins of others as He is with our sins. Killing somebody for impudence is impatience and itself a sin. If God killed all the impudent there would be no people alive.
i do believe in God's patience ,but i also remember the stories of he destroying many people's lives becuase they were extremely disobidedient.
have you heard about them too?
Old 06-20-2007, 05:25 PM   #40
Archaea

Quote:
i do believe in God's patience ,but i also remember the stories of he destroying many people's lives becuase they were extremely disobidedient.
have you heard about them too?
I have heard those "stories" but I don't believe them to be authentic representations of God's will, but men's efforts to cover up their crimes.