cougarguard.com — unofficial BYU Cougars / LDS sports, football, basketball forum and message board  

Go Back   cougarguard.com — unofficial BYU Cougars / LDS sports, football, basketball forum and message board > non-Sports > Current Events

Old 01-16-2007, 04:20 AM   #21
SeattleUte

SeattleUte has a little shameless behaviour in the past

Quote:
Originally Posted by RockyBalboa View Post
SU in bed with a brutal dictator.
I'm for everyone receiving a fair trial and against the death penalty, and that puts me in bed with a brutal dictator. Sounds like brutal dictator logic to me.

—Paul Auster
SeattleUte is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2007, 04:32 AM   #22
il Padrino Ute
Board Pinhead

il Padrino Ute is an unknown quantity at this point

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jeff Lebowski View Post
The next time? (yikes!)
il Padrino is Italian for The Godfather.

"This is now the joke that stupid people laugh at." - Christopher Hitchens on IQ jokes about GWB.
il Padrino Ute is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2007, 05:08 AM   #23
MikeWaters
Demiurge

MikeWaters is an unknown quantity at this point

Actually, SU, rich white liberals have had a long history of coddling criminals. I don't presume you will want to argue this point.

I was watching O'Reilly tonight. He was covering a case of child rape, where the defendant didn't even receive probation. This is in Vermont. Bill covered another case in Vermont where a 6 year old was molested and the defendant only received probation.

This is certainly something SU would support. He doesn't believe in being harsh. Child molesters are misunderstood. Well, until your child is raped, that is.

This country is being OVERRUN with crime. And the shocking thing is not that we have the death penalty. The shocking thing is that there are murders and no one cares. The shocking thing is that you never hear of vigilantes.

No, we are content with our crime. And we have people like SU who want to legitimize the drug gangs, make it all legal.

Rich white folks are very confortable saying whatever it is they like, knowing that it will never affect them.

My next door neighbor had her house broken into twice since I have lived here. The lady down the street at the convenience store was murdered over a few dollars. A guy down the street was bullrushed and had his home invaded. People drive down the alleys looking for open garages.

Yes, I am quite aware of crime. And I am not a fan. And I don't intend to do any coddling.
MikeWaters is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2007, 05:09 AM   #24
Archaea
Assistant to the Regional Manager

Archaea is an unknown quantity at this point

I'm not certain what the option is.

A fair trial is essential, and many poor were given bad representation. However, because ensuring a fair application is difficult doesn't mean it's impossible and shouldn't be a goal.

SU is speculating whether innocents have been executed. I know of none but that doesn't mean it hasn't happened.

OTOH, I don't see why a society should have to shoulder a convict for the rest of that person's life.
Old 01-16-2007, 05:14 AM   #25
SteelBlue

SteelBlue is an unknown quantity at this point

Quote:
Originally Posted by MikeWaters View Post

This country is being OVERRUN with crime.
What happened to this guy?

http://www.cougarboard.com/noframes/...ml?id=2031406;)
SteelBlue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2007, 05:25 AM   #26
SeattleUte

Quote:
Originally Posted by SteelBlue View Post
LOL!

—Paul Auster
Old 01-16-2007, 05:28 AM   #27
SeattleUte

Quote:
Originally Posted by MikeWaters View Post
Actually, SU, rich white liberals have had a long history of coddling criminals. I don't presume you will want to argue this point.

I was watching O'Reilly tonight. He was covering a case of child rape, where the defendant didn't even receive probation. This is in Vermont. Bill covered another case in Vermont where a 6 year old was molested and the defendant only received probation.

This is certainly something SU would support. He doesn't believe in being harsh. Child molesters are misunderstood. Well, until your child is raped, that is.

This country is being OVERRUN with crime. And the shocking thing is not that we have the death penalty. The shocking thing is that there are murders and no one cares. The shocking thing is that you never hear of vigilantes.

No, we are content with our crime. And we have people like SU who want to legitimize the drug gangs, make it all legal.

Rich white folks are very confortable saying whatever it is they like, knowing that it will never affect them.

My next door neighbor had her house broken into twice since I have lived here. The lady down the street at the convenience store was murdered over a few dollars. A guy down the street was bullrushed and had his home invaded. People drive down the alleys looking for open garages.

Yes, I am quite aware of crime. And I am not a fan. And I don't intend to do any coddling.
I'm for fair trials and opposed to the death penalty. I said nothing about coddling child rapists.

I used to occasionally watch Bill O'Reilly for entertainment value but haven't for quite some time. I read a piece on him in the New Yorker that said he's run out of material because nobody of any moment will go on his show anymore, and now he's strangely attracted to stories about child rape. Looks like it's true.

—Paul Auster
Old 01-16-2007, 05:29 AM   #28
SeattleUte

Quote:

Like I said. Waters is a CG troll. He trolls his own board.

—Paul Auster
Old 01-16-2007, 05:32 AM   #29
All-American

All-American is an unknown quantity at this point
Send a message via MSN to All-American

Oh, come on. You're the only one he trolls.
Old 01-16-2007, 11:08 AM   #30
MikeWaters
Demiurge

MikeWaters is an unknown quantity at this point

Quote:
In the past year, it is actually trending up.
MikeWaters is offline   Reply With Quote