cougarguard.com — unofficial BYU Cougars / LDS sports, football, basketball forum and message board  

Go Back   cougarguard.com — unofficial BYU Cougars / LDS sports, football, basketball forum and message board > non-Sports > Current Events

Old 12-19-2006, 05:59 PM   #11
Archaea
Assistant to the Regional Manager

Archaea is an unknown quantity at this point

Quote:
Originally Posted by RockyBalboa View Post
This is the classic case of a person thinking that because someone disagrees with them that they "don't get it". Which is funny cause you clearly don't get that what you're getting your "facts" from automatically and immediately undermines your viewpoint. Basically that renders your opinion....oops sorry..."facts" null and void.

Liberals can ALWAYS find a person who's been done wrong by the justice system. That's easy.
You never addressed the facts of the Norberg case. The County would not have agreed to the massive settlement if there had not been an egregious mistake by Arpaio's underlings. There are other cases; this was not unfortunately an isolated case. I have not followed, but one would hope that every single officer involved would have been terminated and prosecuted criminally as well, then placed in that same jail.

Arpaio's people don't get it. They believe they are gods.

Stop the ad hominem attacks and address the issues please.

Last edited by Archaea; 12-19-2006 at 06:06 PM.
Archaea is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2006, 06:02 PM   #12
SoCalCoug

SoCalCoug is an unknown quantity at this point

Quote:
Originally Posted by Archaea View Post
You never addressed the facts of the Norberg case. The County would not have agreed to the massive settlement if there had not been an egregious mistake by Arpaio's underlings.

And the Norberg case is just the beginning. None of the Arpaio supporters (here or on CB) are addressing the specific issues. I'm trying to break it down a little for Rocky.

If I can ever get a straight answer.

"Now perhaps as I spanked myself screaming out "Kozlowski, say it like you mean it bitch!" might have been out of line, but such was the mood." - Goatnapper

"If you want to fatten a pig up to make the pig MORE delicious, you can feed it almost anything. Seriously. The pig is like the car on Back to the Future. You put in garbage, and out comes something magical!" - Cali Coug
SoCalCoug is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2006, 06:03 PM   #13
Archaea

Quote:
Originally Posted by SoCalCoug View Post
And the Norberg case is just the beginning. None of the Arpaio supporters (here or on CB) are addressing the specific issues. I'm trying to break it down a little for Rocky.

If I can ever get a straight answer.
Law enforcement should NEVER abuse its authority. If it does, it loses its legitimacy.

Arpaio is out of control. If he controlled his minions, then some of his reforms would be good. His bad outweighs his good.
Old 12-19-2006, 06:16 PM   #14
non sequitur

non sequitur is an unknown quantity at this point

Quote:
Law enforcement should NEVER abuse its authority. If it does, it loses its legitimacy.

Arpaio is out of control. If he controlled his minions, then some of his reforms would be good. His bad outweighs his good.
But you're assuming that authority was abused. Don't you understand that since the story was reported by a liberal newspaper, the facts are "null and void" (that's the correct term, right Rocky?). Authority wasn't abused. The settlement didn't happen. Hell, for all we know Scott Nordberg might not even be dead. Until Sean Hannity tells me otherwise, I'm just going to assume that nothing happened.
...You've been under attack for days, there's a soldier down, he's wounded, gangrene's setting in, 'Who's used all the penicillin?' 'Oh, Mark Paxson sir, he's got knob rot off of some tart.'" - Gareth Keenan
non sequitur is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2006, 06:22 PM   #15
ewth8tr

ewth8tr is an unknown quantity at this point

Quote:
Originally Posted by RockyBalboa View Post
The Phoenix New Times is the equivalent of the National Enquirer. They are blatantly biased and do not hide their political intentions.

Anyone can do a hatchet job. That's easy.

If you choose to be duped that easily by what you call "facts" then that's your own personal myopia you have to deal with.

Do I think Sheriff Joe is kind of a dick? Yeah I do.

But I for one think it's damn funny that he makes prisoners wear pink underwear.

Prisoners have EARNED having no rights.
How about the liberal video files? Skip to about the 26-27 minute mark.

http://videos.informationclearinghouse.in fo/2prison.wmv
ewth8tr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2006, 06:24 PM   #16
SoCalCoug

Somebody check on Rocky Balboa - I think his head might have exploded from the realization that there might be some true facts printed in a column in a liberal rag.

"Now perhaps as I spanked myself screaming out "Kozlowski, say it like you mean it bitch!" might have been out of line, but such was the mood." - Goatnapper

"If you want to fatten a pig up to make the pig MORE delicious, you can feed it almost anything. Seriously. The pig is like the car on Back to the Future. You put in garbage, and out comes something magical!" - Cali Coug
Old 12-19-2006, 06:43 PM   #17
Archaea

Quote:
Originally Posted by non sequitur View Post
But you're assuming that authority was abused. Don't you understand that since the story was reported by a liberal newspaper, the facts are "null and void" (that's the correct term, right Rocky?). Authority wasn't abused. The settlement didn't happen. Hell, for all we know Scott Nordberg might not even be dead. Until Sean Hannity tells me otherwise, I'm just going to assume that nothing happened.
I don't know Rocky but his posts belie an undue respect for law enforcement. There is corruption in law enforcement just in every other walk of life.

People rely upon the police to do their job professionally. It is a tragedy when they don't. Not only is their an abuse of the authority conveyed to them by the people, but the governed become a little less governable.
Old 12-19-2006, 06:56 PM   #18
SoCalCoug

Quote:
I don't know Rocky but his posts belie an undue respect for law enforcement. There is corruption in law enforcement just in every other walk of life.

People rely upon the police to do their job professionally. It is a tragedy when they don't. Not only is their an abuse of the authority conveyed to them by the people, but the governed become a little less governable.
Everyone has trouble when something clashes with their own paradigm. If it is part of your paradigm that the police are always right, and that all criminals (and accused criminals) are bad and have no rights, it results in some cognitive dissonance when someone suggests otherwise - you can't deal with the tough questions and issues. Same thing if within your paradigm, all that is conservative (or Republican) is good, and all that is liberal (or Democrat) is bad, you can't accept the good (or factual) in the other side, or the bad in your own side.

And that's when you get answers like I've been receiving regarding Arpaio.

Last edited by SoCalCoug; 12-19-2006 at 07:48 PM.
Old 12-19-2006, 07:01 PM   #19
Detroitdad
Resident Jackass

Detroitdad is an unknown quantity at this point

Wasn't o.J. Simpson's name Norberg in the Naked Gun Movies? I think this is more than just a coincidence.

BTW Rocky B. facts are facts no matter where they are reported. The spin on those facts are what can be constituted. When SOCal asks if you have anything specific to address the allegations made in the articles, you should address those allegations specifically, rather than attacking the messenger. If you can factually attack and disprove some of those facts then the source will lose credibility. A blanket assumption that all facts reported in a paper are false because of the viewpoint of the paper is erroneous.
Detroitdad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2006, 08:04 PM   #20
RockyBalboa

RockyBalboa is an unknown quantity at this point
Send a message via MSN to RockyBalboa

Quote:
You never addressed the facts of the Norberg case. The County would not have agreed to the massive settlement if there had not been an egregious mistake by Arpaio's underlings. There are other cases; this was not unfortunately an isolated case. I have not followed, but one would hope that every single officer involved would have been terminated and prosecuted criminally as well, then placed in that same jail.

I have given my opinion already. You are smart and can read.

I haven't attacked anyone..in fact if you guys want full and honest disclosure I'd be happy to show the boardmails of SoCal calling me an idiot because I disagree with him.

To be honest, it was fun toying with him. I don't take anything personal on here whether it be via boardmail or public....because only idiots do that. Right SoCal?