cougarguard.com — unofficial BYU Cougars / LDS sports, football, basketball forum and message board  

Go Back   cougarguard.com — unofficial BYU Cougars / LDS sports, football, basketball forum and message board > non-Sports > Current Events
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 10-04-2006, 07:46 PM   #11
RockyBalboa

RockyBalboa is an unknown quantity at this point
Send a message via MSN to RockyBalboa

Quote:
Originally Posted by hoyacoug View Post
I know you don't think you know me. I won't tell you who I am because I think you would be tremendously embarrassed by things you have said. I am not trying to be "ominous." I am trying to urge you to realize that every time you post something stupid, it is being read by people who know you and it reflects poorly.
Look...I'd say the same things to your face that I've said on here.

I make NO apologies what I say about you. You are what you are. Your false nobility is a joke.
Old 10-04-2006, 07:55 PM   #12
Archaea
Assistant to the Regional Manager

Archaea is an unknown quantity at this point

Why does calling somebody a name show somebody has cajones?

Here's an example: if I were in Cairo, sitting in a cafe discussing Middle East politics, how would disagreeing with the locals, by saying, "Oh yeah, you guys just hate Jews and are bunch of towel heads" prove my courage?

Questions: "how would that prove anything other than my stupidity?"

How would that advance any discussion?

Are you just trying to end discussion, because your name calling isn't advancing a discussion and isn't provoking any interesting reaction?

You don't have to be friends, but repeated name calling doesn't do anything but make the place uncivil.

And people are nuanced. Hoya is a leftist but intelligent capable of dissecting the Right, while blind to the foibles of the Left.

Seattle has active LDS siblings with whom he interacts civilly. If he's nothing but a troll, then your name-calling is giving him what he wants. If not, then you're irritating somebody you need not irritate. Either way, it appears to be a wrong choice.

Are you trying to drive him away? Nobody's trying to drive you awaw; in fact, you're welcome here, but why not a civil discussion. We all have asked for that after some heated discussions which led nowhere.
Old 10-04-2006, 07:58 PM   #13
RockyBalboa

Quote:
Originally Posted by Archaea View Post
Why does calling somebody a name show somebody has cajones?

Here's an example: if I were in Cairo, sitting in a cafe discussing Middle East politics, how would disagreeing with the locals, by saying, "Oh yeah, you guys just hate Jews and are bunch of towel heads."

Questions: "how would that prove anything other than my stupidity?"

How would that advance any discussion?

Are you just trying to end discussion, because your name calling isn't advancing a discussion and isn't provoking any interesting reaction?

You don't have to be friends, but repeated name calling doesn't do anything but make the place uncivil.

And people are nuanced. Hoya is a leftist but intelligent capable of dissecting the Right, while blind to the foibles of the Left.

Seattle has active LDS siblings with whom he interacts civilly. If he's nothing but a troll, then your name-calling is giving him what he wants. If not, then you're irritating somebody you need not irritate. Either way, it appears to be a wrong choice.

Are you trying to drive him away? Nobody's trying to drive you awaw; in fact, you're welcome here, but why not a civil discussion. We all have asked for that after some heated discussions which led nowhere.
I could care less if he interacts civilly with his LDS siblings. I could care less if he stays or goes.

And please...you trying to lecture someone on civillity is a joke. You've done much of your own trolling and aggressive name calling and fighting in the past, so save it.
Old 10-04-2006, 08:01 PM   #14
Archaea

I've done my share and probably will continue at times no doubt.

Then answer me this question: how does name-calling prove courage? In my life, it has required more strength not call somebody "you dirty SOB", than to. I find it easy to resort to that and an act of internal strength to refrain.

So if you have the moral courage, answer that question.

Last edited by Archaea; 10-04-2006 at 08:05 PM.
Archaea is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2006, 08:03 PM   #15
RockyBalboa

Quote:
I've done my share and probably will continue at times no doubt.

Then ask this question: how does name-calling prove courage? In my life, it has required more strength not call somebody "you dirty SOB", than to. I find it easy to resort to that and an act of internal strength to refrain.

So if you have the moral courage, answer that question.
Exactly you've done your share and will continue no doubt...so save the hypocrisy for another day, unless of course that's your thing.
Old 10-04-2006, 08:06 PM   #16
Archaea

Peace to you.
Old 10-04-2006, 08:07 PM   #17
All-American

All-American is an unknown quantity at this point
Send a message via MSN to All-American

Quote:
Originally Posted by RockyBalboa View Post
I could care less if he interacts civilly with his LDS siblings. I could care less if he stays or goes.

And please...you trying to lecture someone on civillity is a joke. You've done much of your own trolling and aggressive name calling and fighting in the past, so save it.
From whom, pray tell, would you need a lecture on civility in order for you to listen? Is it only valid if it comes from a certain person?

I will frankly tell you that I don't think SeattleUte is right in a lot of what he has claimed. I also think that his assertians have been more than a little influenced by his general opposition to the church. When we can't evaluate his argument by its content, however, it inadvertedly credits the argument as being valid.

Let's stick to the topic at hand. There's little purpose in resorting to name calling.
Old 10-04-2006, 08:09 PM   #18
RockyBalboa

Quote:
Originally Posted by All-American View Post
From whom, pray tell, would you need a lecture on civility in order for you to listen? Is it only valid if it comes from a certain person?

I will frankly tell you that I don't think SeattleUte is right in a lot of what he has claimed. I also think that his assertians have been more than a little influenced by his general opposition to the church. When we can't evaluate his argument by its content, however, it inadvertedly credits the argument as being valid.

Let's stick to the topic at hand. There's little purpose in resorting to name calling.
There's also little purpose served in not being truthful about what he is. If I have to stand alone on saying what he is, that's fine and doesn't bother me one single bit.

If someone doesn't like the way I do it, then tough.
Old 10-04-2006, 08:09 PM   #19
RockyBalboa

Quote:
Peace to you.
Thanks Mohammed
Old 10-04-2006, 08:14 PM   #20
All-American

All-American is an unknown quantity at this point
Send a message via MSN to All-American

Quote:
Originally Posted by RockyBalboa View Post
There's also little purpose served in not being truthful about what he is. If I have to stand alone on saying what he is, that's fine and doesn't bother me one single bit.

If someone doesn't like the way I do it, then tough.
We could say lots of things about each other that would be as truthful as they would be pointless.

"Throw a cloak of charity over my sins, and I will throw a cloak of charity over yours."